Chapter 38 — A Coward
768 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Woo! I did it!" Misho exclaimed as he felt a shackle break off his body.

He was happy and excited to proceed to Tier 2. He would be much stronger than before.

"M-Misho! I also did it!" Maia said happily.

She turned around and sat on top of him. She didn't mind him seeing her naked body because of her excitement, and he had already seen them enough anyway.

"Wait, you also got the quest?"

"Yes, and I finished it after we came together! I think I got the same quest requirements as you did," Maia replied with embarrassment.

She got the quest after she came, and it told her she needed to swallow semen and have someone drink her squirt. It was exactly what happened a moment later.

"Wow. That means are both ready to reach Tier 2," Misho said and smiled at her.

"Yes!"

The two of them were smiling at the success. They both inwardly agreed not to talk about how they had to do weird things to succeed.

{Congratulations, QuarterPounder. I'm happy for you. You may take the reward anytime you want by meditating,} Aphrodite's sweet voice said to him.

[Author's Note: From now on, the dialogues enclosed in {} will be Misho and Aphrodite talking to each other in his mind.]

"I want to check my stats!" Misho said excitedly.

–––––––––––

Name: QuarterPounder

Race: Demon Incubus

Element: Wind

Cultivation: Essence Sea

*

BASIC STATS:

[AN: The value enclosed in () is the previous one]

HP: 29/29 (25)

MP: 6/6 (5)

INT: 9

LCK: 1

ATK: 6 (5)

DEF: 3

–––––––––––

{So tiny increase. I'm a little disappointed,} Misho said with a frown.

{Don't worry, QuarterPounder. This is a 20% increase in your strength. The higher your cultivation, the more absurd this increase will be, so rest assured and work hard,} Aphrodite consoled him.

{Hmm… I guess I can accept that.}

Misho felt much better when he heard her explanation. Even though 1 ATK doesn't sound much, it was a huge increase from his previous stats.

If he participated in a lifting competition, every contestant Essence Lake and below wouldn't be able to win against him. They might be able to lift 100 kilograms, but he would be able to lift 120 kilograms.

"Our stats didn't increase much," Maia said.

She looked disappointed like him. It was a huge build-up, but the stats increase wasn't good.

"Maia, it's like this…"

Misho proceeded to explain to her why it was a good thing. She felt much better after hearing his explanation.

"So that's the case. Wouldn't that mean we could crush lower-tier players once we reach higher ones?" Maia asked as her imagination ran wild.

"Yes. That's how cultivation works," Misho agreed.

He also imagined how glorious it would be to stand at the top of the world. He remembered the cultivation web novels he had read before.

"I want to reach higher levels, Misho!" Maia said, and her eyes glowed in excitement.

Her boobs jiggled as if to tell the world of her excitement. Misho's eyes stared at it in a daze.

"Ehem. You're still on top of me," Misho said awkwardly.

Maia's face turned red when she realized. She quickly rode off him and covered herself with her robe.

"Does my body… look good?" Maia slowly asked.

"Yes! You're very beautiful and cute, Maia," Misho answered instantly.

She looked cute when she blushed, and her face was insanely beautiful. If he wasn't used to seeing her face, he would be head over heels for her. He had simply grown immune to her beauty over time.

"Good. I will go take a bath," Maia said.

"We aren't doing it again?" Misho asked.

He was hopeful they would do it again. He reminisced the feeling of her insides.

"No." Maia shook her head and stood up.

"Why?"

"I heard that it's bad to do it a lot in a relationship."

"H-huh? But we aren't in a relationship," Misho said.

Maia immediately turned around and glared at him.

"Misho, say that again!" Maia threatened angrily.

Her glare resembled the eyes of death. One wrong move and he would be sent to hell.

"I-I… What are we then?" Misho asked in confusion.

He had never thought about it before. Yes, she agreed to play Aphrodos with him, and they even did it in the game, but what would that make them? They were childhood friends, third cousins, and a close family.

Misho realized their relationship took another step after they had sex. He remembered his first love and frowned as fear took over his body. He didn't want a repeat of that again.

"Tell me. You're the man here," Maia said and looked down at him.

Misho sat on the bed and became silent.

"We only did it in the game, right? Why does that change our relationship?" Misho asked.

"Because… Ahhhh! I hate you, Misho!" Maia shouted in frustration.

"..."

"Fine! I will force you to admit it one day," Maia said with great determination.

She swore to herself that she would make him confess to her no matter what.

"I'm sorry, Maia. I'm not ready yet," Misho said and looked away from her.

"Are you a brat?" Maia fiercely asked.

"What?"

Misho looked at her with incredulity.

"Are you a brat?" Maia asked again.

"I'm not a brat." Misho shook his head.

"Only brats say they are not ready. I've heard many of my friends use that as an excuse, and I won't allow you to use it on me!" Maia shouted.

Misho stared at her in shock. Her emotions were rampant, and he had rarely seen her like that. Usually, it would be about something she was really angry about.

"Just admit that you are scared, Misho. You're a coward."

Maia's cold words threw cold water on Misho's back. He shuddered and felt ashamed of himself.

"You are scared because of your failure with that bitch! Do you want to see her right now so that you can forget about her?" Maia shouted loudly.

11