Chapter 41 — Luck Compass
604 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Congratulations, QuarterPounder! You got a Tier 2 Luck Compass!}

"What!? I really got one!"

Misho grabbed the compass with a swoosh. He stared at it intently.

The compass looked like a magnetic compass. It was silver-metallic in color. There was only one pointy pin inside it, and it was currently pointing in front of Misho.

{What is the use of this compass?} Misho asked Aphrodite.

{This compass relies on your luck. It can lead to anything you want if you have the maximum luck. Considering your current luck, it will be random. You either get pointed to a low-level treasure or an ominous location.}

{The heck? It's awesome, but only if I had the maximum luck? Then who could use this?}

Misho was dumbfounded at the compass. He stared at it weirdly. It could be the best item in the game, but it required luck at the maximum amount. He doesn't think the developers of this game would give any player that kind of luck.

{Hmm… No one could utilize the maximum effect of this treasure compass.} Aphrodite answered.

{At least it's useless for others, or I would feel really bad.}

Misho sighed in relief. As long as it was useless for everyone else, it was fine if it sucked.

{Thanks for today, Aphrodite.}

{You're welcome, QuarterPounder.}

With those farewells, Misho's mind became silent. Aphrodite didn't speak anymore.

Misho decided to try out the compass. He felt lucky today, so he was still confident in himself. Although he got two spears, that didn't matter. He still got a Tier 2 item.

Misho stood up. Since he was already fully clothed, he didn't worry about his little brother flopping around wildly.

He stared in front of him and walked forward. He squinted his eyes and didn't dare to believe what he saw.

He moved to the left and to the right. The compass still pointed at the same object.

It was not the coin chest, and definitely not the two magic spears. There was only one other thing in this room.

Misho forced a smile on his face.

"A-at least it's pointing at a treasure…"

Misho had to lie to himself to say those words.

"F*ck this! Why is it pointing at the Tier 1 Magic Flower!?" Misho threw the compass to the ground.

He already owned that flower pot. Why did it still point at it!? It was beyond useless if it would point at his own things too!

The compass rolled on the ground and landed at the door.

"Misho?"

Maia walked inside. Her flowery scent wafted into Misho's nose. Her hair was still dripping water, and she looked sexy in her current appearance even though she was already wearing her brown robe.

Maia crouched and picked up the compass.

"What is this?" Maia asked.

"It's trash."

Misho didn't hesitate to answer. He assumed Tier 2 items were good, but that compass was useless unless he could increase his luck. Who knew when would that be?

"Really?"

Suddenly, the pin inside the compass swished and pointed in a different direction.

"Huh? It changed."

"What is it pointing at Misho?" Maia asked curiously.

"It's no use, Maia. It's a Luck Compass that randomly points at treasures or ominous things," Misho replied and shook his head.

"Oh? Isn't it exciting? Let's follow it!" Maia said with her body brimming with excitement.

She grabbed Misho's hand and pulled him outside of the house. Misho allowed himself to be pulled. He was antagonistic towards the compass, but he was also curious as to what it was pointing at.

The duo followed the pointer on the compass before settling on a barren location in the village. There were no houses here and barely any vegetation. This place looked like a mini-desert.

"It's a bad one," Misho said.

"Help me dig it, Misho," Maia said.

"What? I'm pretty sure it would be a bad one."

"Trust me."

Misho stared at her and at the compass before sighing. He left and borrowed two spades from a villager before coming back. [AN: Spade- pointy end. Shovel- flat end. One is used for digging, and the latter is used for moving dirt, sand, etc.]

"I got us two spades. You still remember gender equality?"

"Hmph. Shouldn't you be worshiping me right now for suggesting you get a harem?" Maia asked slyly.

She was like a slippery snake and avoided his words effortlessly.

"Don't act spoiled. I know you're trying to take advantage of the situation."

Misho insisted and pushed the spade into her hands.

"I allowed you to buy a gacha pull. How are you so unfair?" Maia complained.

Even though she was complaining, she started stabbing the spade on the ground. Misho nodded his head in satisfaction and helped her dig the hard ground.

After digging for a dozen minutes and a foot deep, they stumbled into something hard.

"Don't tell me you got a treasure!" Misho shouted in disbelief.

He refused to believe that she got something better than he did.

"Ahaha! It seems like I'm luckier than you," Maia laughed excitedly. Her laughter sounded sweet and smug.

She and Misho dug up around the object before finally pulling it out. It was a big red crystal.

"What is this?"

Maia lifted it up and carefully examined it. The crystal looked like a ruby, and it was 3 inches in diameter.

"Oh! This is a Shattered Fire Crystal. I wonder what this is used for?" Maia wondered.

"I-it's even suited to you!" Misho shouted in indignation.

It was alright when he didn't get a spell art, but this was too much. The game was simply teasing him.

"HAHAHA! This is too funny!"

Maia fell down to the ground and started laughing incessantly. She held her stomach as if it was too funny for her.

"What is your Luck Stat?" Misho asked with a wry smile.

"Hahahaha…"

Maia slowly stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I only have 1 Luck Stat," Maia finally answered after laughing for a while.

"What? How unfair!"

{QuarterPounder, the luck in the game does not quantify a person's personal luck in real life. Please remember that,} Aphrodite suddenly explained.

9