Chapter 43 — Double Spear Wielding
592 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

–––––––––––

[Achievement unlocked!]

Feeling Adventurous Outdoors

Reward: +10 Woman's essence!

–––––––––––

Misho quickly pulled up his pants. He looked around and released a sigh of relief after finding no one was watching them.

"Misho, let's go home," Maia said.

She stood up, and a faint blush was on her face. Misho grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the shrubbery. Their hearts were rapidly beating right now.

They just did something very exciting, and it excited them.

They soon returned to Gerald's house. Kea was sitting outside and calmly watched the surroundings.

"Quarter and Maisha, what were you two up to?" Kea asked and smiled.

"W-we found this," Maia replied in a stutter.

She felt jittery from the way Kea asked her question. It was as if she knew what she and Misho had done back in the forest.

She showed her the red crystal she carried in her hands. It was quite beautiful under the sunlight.

"OH! Where? How did you find this?" Kea asked with wide eyes.

She stood up from her seat and took the Shattered Fire Crystal from Maia's hands. She lifted it and stared at it curiously.

"We found it somewhere over there," Maia said and pointed to the place they came from.

"That place? We call that place the Barren Earth. The ground is hard, and nothing grows there. Who knew this was the reason for it."

Kea's face was full of amazement. She had lived in this village for so long. It was hard to imagine something this valuable was sitting on their lap without them realizing it.

"We got it by accident," Maia said and smiled.

"You're pretty lucky," Kea said.

Maia glanced at Misho and didn't see him react to Kea's words. She felt relieved it didn't bother him anymore.

"We're going inside," Maia said and pulled Misho with her.

"Wait!"

Kea suddenly stopped them.

"Hm?"

Maia and Misho turned around and stared at her.

"Q-Quarter, can I g-grab your hand for a bit?" Kea asked as she turned red from shame.

"What?"

Misho blanked out and stared at her in a daze. He could still remember her saying that holding hands were only for married couples.

"I want to try it out again. Do you… not want it?" Kea asked in a timid voice.

She looked vulnerable and cute at the moment, even though she was much older than them.

"Okay..?"

Misho extended his other hand to her. He was confused, but it didn't matter to him if she held his hand or not.

Kea slowly clasped his hand, and her face turned bright red. She then immediately released it shortly after.

"What's wrong? Is something on your mind?" Misho asked.

He and Maia stared at Kea curiously.

"It's nothing. Don't tell, G-Gerald, okay?" Kea asked as her whole body tensed up.

She was ashamed of herself as she was such an unfilial wife, but she kept remembering Misho's hand holding her hand. She somehow liked that feeling and couldn't get it out of her head.

"Why would I?"

Misho was thoroughly confused right now. She was blushing and acting as if she had just cheated on her husband. He wanted to know what was wrong with her head.

"Thank you," Kea said and bowed before leaving in haste.

"Misho! Auntie Kea's having weird thoughts now because of you," Maia said with a faked look of displeasure.

She enjoyed seeing that show earlier. She felt like she was watching a live drama happen in real life. And instead of sexual ones, it was childish in comparison.

"Maybe I shouldn't have let her hold my hand," Misho said and slightly regretted it.

He was very thankful for Gerald, and cuckolding him didn't feel like the right thing to do. The customs of this world confused him more. Why would the developers make it so holding hands should only be done by married couples?

"Don't do it again. It might make things awkward before we leave," Maia said solemnly.

She was worried Kea would do something like try to follow Misho when he only held her hand. She couldn't accept something that shallow.

As Misho's first woman, she wanted the best for him. Other women had to pass her eyes first before they should try to join in.

"Yeah."

Misho nodded his head, and they both entered the house.

The two of them sat on the bed, and Misho inspected the two Magic Spears he got. He inspected them, and they were exactly the same. He used one and swung it around.

The sound of the spear swooshing around resounded inside the room.

"Misho, be careful. You might hit me," Maia said and raised her hands to protect her face.

"Let me try it outside," Misho replied.

The two of them left the house once again. Meanwhile, Kea and Gerald were nowhere to be found.

They returned to the Barren Earth, the place in the village where not even a wild blade of grass could grow. The ground was also quite hard, making it quite hard for Misho and Maia to dig it up earlier.

In other words, it was the perfect place to train.

Misho carried the two Magic Spears in each of his hands. He was curious if he could use two of them simultaneously.

In Misho's mind, each of these two spears was 100 gold each. If he didn't use them, it would be too wasteful. And so, he sloppily wielded two spears at the same time.

As you would expect, wielding two spears was very hard. Misho could barely exert any force just from the weight of carrying two. He stabbed one of the spears onto the ground and focused on using only one.

He thrust forward while gripping the spear with both hands. It felt much easier, and he could control the force, unlike before with two of them. He thrust and swung the spear repeatedly. He attempted many different forms to find what he was comfortable with.

In one form, he was crouching. In the other, he jumped up and thrust down.

8