Adventurer’s Guild
2.9k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Right, right,” he laughed. 

As he sat at the flat, furnished table that was decorated with a pot of blue and red flowers, Mary set down a plate for each of them. 

He didn’t know what he was expecting; some unique, foreign cuisine to match the different world he was in. 

But, what sat on that plate, was a normal, everyday breakfast that wasn’t exactly abnormal to him: a plate of fluffy, light-gold eggs with a side of toast and jam. 

“So…?”

“It looks good!” He assured her. 

Not wasting any time, he dug in, using the fork he wasn’t normally used to using as a utensil to shovel in the lightly-salted eggs into his mouth, using the cup of water brought with the plate to wash it down. 

Mary seemed delighted that he enjoyed it, watching him for a moment before taking care of her own serving with a smile. 

After finishing the warm meal, he left a pat on his own stomach, “That hit the spot.”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it,” she rested her chin on her hand before standing up. 

Taking his plate and her own, she brought them back to the kitchen, placing them in a sink that he was surprised existed in this world. 

“Invoke: Water Steam.”

Mary pointed just her index finger towards the plates, washing them clean as the residual food was discarded into the sink. 

It seems magic makes up for technology, I guess, he thought. 

“Alright then…to the “Adventurer’s Hall”, then,” she looked at him. 

Before they headed out, Mary stopped before opening the front door, turning towards him as she gave him an inquisitive look. 

“What is it…?” He returned her look. 

“I really don’t think it’d be a good idea if people kept asking questions…there are a lot of people that look like you, but still…”

“There’s women that look like me?!” He pointed to himself. 

Mary sighed, not answering his question as she held her hand out, “Invoke: Tailor.”

Manifesting from his cape, it was morphed into a cloak as the light-haired woman reached around, pulling the newly-made hood over his head for him. 

“The guard didn’t seem too off by me being a dude,” he said, looking at her as he felt the new hood he had. 

Mary shook her head, “Brisda is honestly…easy going? I don’t know if that’s how I’d put it…”

“I gotcha’. She doesn’t really care one way or the other, huh?” He asked. 

“Yeah, that’s right,” Mary nodded with a brief sigh, “I’m sure you’re having trouble adjusting as is, it’d be troublesome if word got around about a “male” being in town.” 

Oh, I’m adjusting just fine, he thought. 

Heading out with her, he stepped into the bustling town that was set beneath the spring day as clouds passed by the sea-blue sky above. 

“Where’s this “Adventurer’s Guild”, anyway?” He asked. 

Walking alongside her, he kept his hood over his head as much as possible as they walked through the busy, loud streets. 

Passing by, he couldn’t help but look at the droves of denizens of this peculiar world that passed by; all women, of course. It was undoubtedly a diverse world, as the demi-humans, elves, dwarves, and other races seemed almost as common as humans. 

“It’s where all adventurers have to report to. We get our quests there, and where we have to go to be interviewed for rank ups, and getting your adventurer insignia in the first place,” she informed him, showing him the gold insignia she wore around her neck again. 

“I see…” He looked at her, “You’re making it sound like I can just walk in and get my insignia, though. Is it really going to be that simple?”

“Don’t forget, I’ll be there with you–I’ll vouch for you!” Mary assured him with a smile. 

He didn’t really have his question answered but he nodded, “Thanks.” 

Moving through the medieval-germanic city, he was brought in front of a large, prominent building formed of wood that was reinforced by pure, white quartz, with lion-bearing flags hanging from high. 

Coming in and out of the doors of the building, women wearing leather armor, metallic, wielding blades, some wearing wizard-seeming robes, all came and went. 

“This is the Adventurer’s Guild,” Mary told him. 

Stepping inside, he gulped as he adjusted his hood, making sure his face was as obscure as possible. 

It was packed full of strong-looking people, filling the establishment with constant chatter and boisterous laughter as a tavern was built into the hall. 

“Come on,” Mary whispered, guiding him. 

They approached a receptionist desk, with Mary taki jr the lead as the brunette-haired receptionist wearing a neat, black-and-green uniform greeted them with a slight bow and smile.

“Good day,” the emerald-eyes receptionist greeted them with a warm smile and gentle words, “How may I help you?”

Boobs, he thought.

Luckily the hood made his gaze hard to discern as he was staring a hole through the woman’s bust, which almost seemed like it was going to burst through her buttoned shirt.

“Good day,” Mary greeted in response, “My friend would like to become an adventurer.”

36