Ch.5 – Ecosystem
97 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yawn~ Conciseness and senses alike, slowly returning to her cold, heavy body weighed down by that of another. The tight embrace of Serina peacefully sleeping next to her, attempting to share her warmth.

“Thank you” She whispered, stroking her hair then slowly getting up without disturbing her.

The thought was there, but you know your cold-blooded right? You have barely any warmth. He, not that I’m going to tell you that.

Her smile was radiant. Unsure how long Serina would be asleep, she decided to take a quick shower. Undressing she slowly moved towards the waterfall, a frigid morning shower is bound to wake her up, her clothes resting on a rock nearby.

Hmm, still asleep?

The cold pulsing air from the tunnel behind them was enticing, her curiosity peaked. Imagination running rampant. Air, one step from frozen, acts like sandpaper as it collides with her bare exposed flesh. Standing at the entrance, she glanced back, Serina was still asleep.

I’ll be back by the time you wake.

Merl waved with her left hand before turning around and departing into the tunnel. Large unstable boulders coat the ground, ore veins reflecting the light emitted by the glow worms, water trickling alongside her emitting an eerie atmosphere. Sand crunching underneath as boulders move, reverberating through.

W-Woah…

An open area, large enough to fit a small settlement, half-filled with cyan water with massive icicles extruding through the water surface, hollow and filled with water and human-size transparent ells swimming inside. A small ecosystem with bird-like creatures drinking from the water, swaying trees, and small 6-legged creatures playing in the light blue grass. Untouched and untainted by others.

Unaware of the world that coats the walls of their own.

It's so pretty, so peaceful, I could easily imagine setting up a small house near the water’s edge.

Walking up to the water, she kicked a stick in, hoping for a nice 'plunk' as it sunk to full the eerie silence.

The stick dissolved in an instant.

… Maybe this place is best left alone...

"Woo" Her voice wavered as a chill ran down her back, not that of fear or unease, but a gust of wind. Her size dwarfed theirs. With a maw that splits in 4, 6 legs as large as her and dark fur emitting a light blue light underneath. Its eyes pare into hers; their murderous intent is clear as it back her to the wall.

Ting~ Ting~ Ting~. She’d kicked a small rock into a boulder, distracting the creature, unaccustomed to the repeating noise it glanced back, enough time for Merl to start running to the tunnel in which she entered.

Kkish! It had struck the wall behind her, leaving a sizeable dent. Merl was slowed down due to the uneven terrain but still ahead, the beast behind her was built for strength, not speed or agility.

“Merl!?, Merl!?, Merl!?, Kie vi estas!?” Serina was yelling, getting louder as she approached where she had stayed.

Gah! Her skin was torn and her back was skinned, blood stained her clothes and the rocks around her. Lying on her stomach, trying to crawl towards Serina. Practically blinded by tears and pain, she’s just hoping it’s the right way forward.

“Hel- Help. Me. Plea. please” Hick. Choking on her tears, her words felt like sandpaper on their way out.

Oh god! Oh god! Not here, please not here! Serina help, p-please.

5