Arc 4: The Burning Port’s Reaper (17)
392 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With her new power, her skills, Hikari finally regained the ability to move from her bed. She could even access the Residence of Lord’s [Training Room] to get used to her new capability.

However, her sight wasn’t restored. Even Ciel’s Authority couldn’t return her vision immediately. But, as Hikari recalled that screen detailing her abilities, she allowed herself to feel a ray of hope.

Hikari

LV: 32

Potential: **** (SR)

Ability: Reaper

Skill [Radar Sense], [Multi-wielding], *REPAIRING*, *LOCK*

‘Repairing’. That simple word conveyed to Hikari that something within her was fixing itself. Hikari had a hunch it was her eyes. While that ray of hope felt like someone actually celebrated her birthday for once, Hikari knew she couldn’t count on this break to come early. Right now, she must learn how to fight blind.

Thankfully, Hikari’s new skill-set lent help to that task. [Radar Sense] gave her the information of the surrounding akin to echolocation of bats. She could mentally map out the locations of objects, even through the wall. If Hikari could wing a wide guess, she was unconsciously emitting Aura like waves and detecting information as they reflected to her. Although this ability was simple, Hikari was only scratching the surface. The ability also worked through solid, allowing her to map the position of anything touching the earth. She could even use it to analyze a structure and identify what was in a building. Only time would tell what else she could come up with.

Then there was [Multi-wielding]. 

Everyone in Acceltra had a cap on the number of artifacts — offensive and defensive — that they could wield. If the number of artifacts equipped on the body surpassed six, the runes on them would interfere with each other. This caused the artifact to short-circuit.

[Multi-wielding] took this rule and tossed it out of the window. It created an invisible ‘equipment slot’ in the air, allowing her to unload extra weapons without the risk of short-circuiting. Although the ability came with a catch of it could only equip an extra offensive weapon, it also gave Hikari a telekinetic control over a set of magical tools and upped her versatility significantly.

The current Hikari was retooling her fighting-style. Knives levitated around her and impaled the faraway target with varying success. She was slowly getting a hang on her new sensory output, but she was far from ready.

Hikari huffed and recalled her weapons, letting them fly around her in circular rotation. She needed more time to retool herself, but it was the time she didn’t have.

Maybe it was time to ask for Ciel’s help.

Speaking of Ciel, he was engaging in another activity.

Xia’s body jolted at the climax and ecstasy on top of Ciel. Feeling filled to the brim she dropped on her man, bathed in the afterglow and softly moaned. The two wrapped around each other naked in an embrace.

After what felt like a short eternity, Xia spoke, “So what is the plan with Borbonsi?” She kissed Ciel on the lips. “How are we going to deal with Carolina?”

“That's the neat part,” Ciel traced Xia’s neckline with his lips. “Etaceh will probably blow them up sooner or later. I don’t know how she plans to do it, but with Hikari out of the picture, Eleanor is screwed.”

Ciel rolled Xia over in a missionary position, gazing into her eyes. Upon seeing Xia hungrily waiting in anticipation, Ciel’s particular organs hardened stiff with lust, and he entered her in a quick thrust. Xia yelped with joy at the sudden feeling of fullness. The heated co-action between the two lasted over five minutes, with Xia’s nails digging into Ciel back as she squealed her heart out. Each thrust from her lovers drove her further and further above the moon.

They released in unison. The smell of love thickened in the air as both lovers rested on each other.

The huffing Xia calmed down enough to ask, “That’s it. We are doing nothing.”

“Not exactly,” Ciel cupped Xia’s breast as they kissed, beckoning for another round.

Rem said into Xia’s ears, “We are going to help Borbonsi a little. At this rate, Eleanor will fall in a stomp without damaging Etaceh’s one bit. That would be a waste of opportunity. We are here to make sure Etaceh actually lost something in this battle.”

“Isn’t she invincible?” Xia asked. She changed her position, going on all four on the bed.

“Yes,” Ciel answered, understanding what his partner was asking for. “That is why I am hoping to get a decent solution from Hikari’s contact. Hopefully, we will have time to form a cohesive plan.”

Ciel knelt behind Xia and slowly penetrated her from behind. Xia grasped like she had done for countless nights after they got together. Her soaked hair flew as the body moved along the rhythm of love. 

If anybody asked Xia, she would say being on top like a cowgirl gave her a certain sense of stimulation. But secretly, the doggy-style was her favorite.

Another simulating night went and Xia exited her room with her old Cloud Ranger set or corset, jacket and boot with a smiling refreshed face. Ciel followed behind her in an artifact suit.

They entered Hikari’s room to see the girl being dressed by Caislean.

“Sorry for troubling you?” Hikari said to Caislean who was buttoning up her shirt.

“No worries,” Caislean said. “Just because you know where stuff is doesn’t mean you can immediately put on the clothing you cannot see without practice.”

“It looks good on you,” Ciel commented on Hikari's clothing. “You know, putting it together has been a rush job.”

Ciel knew Hikari wouldn’t be able to readjust her combat style with only a few hours of practice. The best she could do was be able to gain a measure of coordination back. The dampening of her observation skill would be holding her back significantly, so Ciel whipped together a new artifact set out of the pieces left lying around.

The set was a black suit, comprising an outerwear with a spider-web pattern, a gray inner-shirt, and matching long-length leg-wears, a belt from early in Ciel’s career, and a newly crafted ring for this special occasion. It would be best if Hikari never got into the fight. These gears were created for stealth attack, possessing only a few defensive measures and extra surprises to swing things into Hikari’s corner if the situation went south.

Caislean clasped the greaves to complete her gear, “And done.” She whistled. “You look gorgeous in this.”

“Thank you,” Hikari said with a new set of artifacts over her eyes. “Are we ready to go now?”

“Yes, Xia and I will come with you to meet Pruina,” Ciel said. “Meanwhile, Betty will guard the house.”

Hikari sighed. “You should pay more attention to Lady Elizabeth.”

Xia was the one who answered, “He can’t.” She shrugged. “Betty wouldn’t know what to do with that attention.”

The harbor of Eleanor reacted little to the change in management. Life, trade and extortion continue like nothing changed as the three walked down the market.

The group spent some time evading most patrols and acted naturally around the others. Ciel opted for a more cautious side, but the fact was clear. The guard had stopped hunting Hikari. Maybe Carolina believed she was dead or Hikari had already dropped from her priority risk.

The three ignored two slave-shows and a crime scene being smoothed with cash. Hikari, displaying her new ability, caught three pickpocket attempts. After nearly causing an accident with Xia and a random pervert with more money than brain, the three finally arrived at the harbor.

Hikari guided them to their final destination. According to Hikari, they should be in front of a bronze ship — a submarine. However, reality wasn’t that helpful.

They found nothing but water.

Okay, maybe not, the moment they approached the location, a JukeBox revealed itself. Yes, a JukeBox, a human-size classic arcade device for playing a song in a bar. The box was made of pine wood and fitted with several steampunk additions of gears and grommets suddenly appeared from the illusion concealing it.

The three paused at the absurd conclusion of their trip.

“Is there nothing here, or is my ability turning faulty?” Hikari, who couldn’t see, asked the question. Ciel felt a subtle wrath boiling beneath her calmness.

“To be fair, there is this box,” Xia pointed at the device.

Before Ciel could input his opinion, the box whirled to life, revealing a projector. Light flashed. A dark-blue hologram shone in the air, revealing a girl with blue hair. She was dressed in a shabby-looking blouse and jeans. A sweater was tied around her waist, while an ocean blue scarf wrapped around her neck. She nodded and put on her glasses, nervously smiling at them.

The moment Ciel caught sight of her face, he froze stiff. The girl had this cool and frosty image — a splitting reflection of the most dangerous woman he ever knew. However, the similarity was dispelled the moment her mouth opened.

“The test run is over!” The hologram-girl cheered. “Well, I couldn’t build artificial intelligence in twenty-four hours, so a recording will have to do. Ahh, maybe that should be a new research project. What should I call it?” The hologram girl made a thinking expression, before lighting with enlightenment. “Yep, Instant A.I.!” She frowned. “Or should it be Cup A.I.?”

Xia and Ciel turned to Hikari.

“I can’t exactly see her, but yes,” Hikari said. “I believe that is Pruina Von Ozean's message, and you are probably looking at her, right now.”

Xia struggled to find a word, “She is sure…”

“Eccentric,” Ciel said, still freaking out. “But her face is…”

“Ah,” Pruina’s hologram suddenly came across a thought. “The Unity Lord must also be there.” Pruina waved her hands desperately. “Please, don’t mind my face! I know I must look familiar to someone you know, but I have nothing to do with her!”

Xia and Hikari glanced at Ciel.

“What is she talking about?” Xia said.

“She has the face of my acquaintance,” Ciel answered. “A really terrifying woman.”

“Another Lord?” Xia said.

“Yes, her name is Anastasia,” Ciel groaned. “We really couldn’t handle her right now.”

The hologram continued her message, “Well, that aside, let's get to business. I know from my Scry, you’re coming with Hikari to get information about Etaceh. Oh, congratulations on getting laid Hikari!” Pruina tried to be optimistic. “You successfully put off working to get a guy!” Her voice secretly lowered to convey her quiet doubt. “But I kinda feel sad for you to be tied to a guy that will probably turn into Acceltra’s greatest womanizer. My condolences.”

Ciel swore he heard Hikari snapping beside him.

“Now, to the business,” Pruina rubbed the back of her head like a nervous girl getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar. “I’m sorry Hikari, but I don’t think I can pay back the debt personally. Let's consider it paid now, okay!” Pruina winked. “As you see, I already left Eleanor, ehe!”

Ciel knew Hikari had snapped.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN ‘EHE’!” Hikari screamed at the hologram.

In the display of Pruina’s insight, she predicted this exact reaction and defended herself, “It’s not that I want to leave like this, but I must avoid your new womanizing husband! Look, I already did what you ask, okay! I even stayed overnight to put macgyvered this JukeBox just for you!” Pruina looked around. “You can’t blame me here! This is really urgent!”

It was then that Pruina dropped the bomb-shell.

“I don’t have a choice if I want to live, Hikari!” Pruina pleaded. “You and I don’t have time. Etaceh is already at Eleanor’s doorstep, and you have less than an hour before she attacks.”

Xia and Ciel looked at each other.

Well, it appears they won’t get the time for cohesive plan after all.

What is your though on the +18 scene
  • Need more Votes: 32 84.2%
  • Need less Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Update the tag to +18 Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Update the tag to plus +15 Votes: 2 5.3%
Total voters: 38
21