V1 Ch1
527 15 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She looked up.

 Her view was now completely white when the truck's headlight flashed over her figure.

 Anyone was not given enough time to react when she found herself in darkness.

 There should no longer be of use to describe it any further, all she felt inside that sac of gloom was having her head rack in pain as she lost bits of bits of her memories...

“Mom, where are you going?” Spoke a little girl as she looked at her mother's figure who was slowly walking away while dragging her suitcase from behind. 

“It's none of your business. Don't be nosy at a young age, little girl.” The woman looked back and furrowed her brows as she said her reply. 

“You're leaving like Dad, aren't you?”

The woman only turned her head back and never gave back her answer. 

The little girl by the door looked at her mother who had exited the front gate. 

The brunette haired woman's frown dispersed as a smile with affection replaced it's forte.

 Her hand holding her suitcase left, and hugged the man standing before her. 

The little girl realized that this, was another of her Dad.

 The similar scene where their old man left them for a woman.

 Just as her thoughts railed across the scenario, a childish voice called out “Mom” and the little girl understood more.  

Another one of her siblings. 

But this time, it's from her mother's. 

While the former was her dad's. 

Tears trailed down into her cheeks as she looker at the speeding car. 

A trace of dread and exhaustion took over her mind. She walked a few steps behind before issuing a loud cry.

Steps sounded from her behind as a similar, familiar voice called out her name. 

But the little girl could no longer handle the stress and fainted.

Death,

Sorrow,

Cocoon,

and Rebirth. 

Each process would smoothly progress and when one enters the cocoon state, they'd lose their memories. 

The state erases former things trapped inside one's mind, clearing it of dirt and anything leaving only a empty one. 

The process must have gotten a problem, otherwise, she wouldn't wake up and suddenly recall each memories she was bound to forget. 

Her figure was no longer lean and tall as she was yesterday, currently, she was like a little bun with a head filled with brunette hair, the tips were slightly blonde. 

Her eyes wandered around the room as her hand clasped the side of her head.

 Sweat formed and dipped like crystals in her milky fair skin, memories bundled around her mind in chaos bringing out great pain. 

“Ah..ah..ah..”

She groaned as her figure arched forward.

 As she was about to hit the cushion bed below her, a hand suddenly grasp her other hand and a soft delicate voice called out to her, “Sister, is the pain really that bad?”

She looked back, her breath still gasping as she eyed the girl who shared similarities with her.

 The only difference in details was the mole in the girl's cheek. She gulped and answered, “Yes, very painful.”

When the girl heard this she frowned. 

The girl leaned forward and blew her warm breath against the teardrops and the sweat. “Pain, pain, please go away, leave my sister alone~.”

 The girl sang as she softly patted her sister's face. 

“...Is the pain now gone, Ivy?”

 The girl moved back and inspected her sister who had already stopped sobbing.

 “En.” Ivy nodded before asking, “..Iris, did it hurt too?”

Iris shook her head and said, “A bit, but it was incomplete. All I received was the latter half and you...” 

Ivy looked at her sister and answered, “I have the first half, it was very painful because of those dark memories who shared the pain of abuse. Our past life was actually that pitiful.”

Iris patted Ivy's head and said, “But we became stronger after that event. I may not understand how much we suffered in the early days because I only received the memories of our rise.”

“I'm very confused Iris. Shall we state the memories we have in order to know better our past life?”

“If you say so, I'll always agree.”

The scene faded into white as the twin girl's previous past life flashed like a film before their eyes...

Born in a well off family, Emily was one of any other kids who enjoyed their rich life. 

At a young age, she was able to play and use anything that was considered a luxury. However, her life went for a downhill when her father's company declared bankruptcy.

 Emily's rich sheltered life ended and she had to start living frugally at the age of sixteen. 

Which was considered as a hard feat to accomplish after all, she started at the top — not expecting to fall to the bottom like this. 

She was bullied, reasons were her deprivation of money and lost of supporters. 

It was possibly already known that many people were greedy and not to friendship but material wealth; money. 

Graduating, Emily survived her days being bullied from highschool to college and was able to graduate successfully. 

And it seems like some people truly changed and her bullies slowly diminished in quantity as they started to turn over as a new leaf.

 This made her perseverance occur and Emily finally broke free from her depression. 

She started her own business and used every bit of power to make it flourish. 

In a span of few years, her company became one of the most powerful and this, although made her content to what she was now, always strived for the better and never stopped working to ensure that this spot would remain.

Just as she became forty five, she was issued to be terminally ill. 

Emily resigned to her coming future and gave her spot as the president to her trusted, honest employee who had been through thunder and floods together. 

As she waited patiently for her death, her illness actually didn't manage to kill her off as a truck went speed towards her figure as she exited the mall's front exit. 

The truck hit her body and she flew a few meters away. The collision of the highly paced Truck was very strong and she wasn't able to survive. 

And just like the possibility that novels she had read, she reincarnated, but with a little twist. 

Emily was divided and became the Lien twins. 

She respectively became Iris and Ivy. 

“So your memories end in the graduation? And mine starts after that..” Iris stated as her yellow eyes glanced back before issuing a carefree smile. 

“Since we share memories and even the possibility of our soul connected, we shall go through this situation together, are you in it sister?”

Ivy nodded and agreed, “I will, we're inseparable!” 

But before long her courageous spirit arrived, her eyes dropped down and she formed a depressed frown, “But...But Mom and Dad left us. It's...It's...”

Iris gasped as she quickly patted her weeping sister's back. “They're scums, Ivy. They left us alone to fend for ourselves and even gave up their business to pursue their love. Since they've basically abandoned us, we'll abandon them too. We are lean, Ivy! We made a successful business in our past life. This is nothing!” 

“Naught...It should be!” Ivy wiped her tears and said. 

“Good little sister, don't make me worry anymore~” 

“I'm the eldest, remember?  I was born in a day before you.”

“Wu~ You're bullying me~”

Just as the joyous atmosphere came, a knock resounded from the door. 

Iris paused and looked towards the door and said, “Come in.”

Hearing the command, the door opened as a maid with blonde hair entered. 

“Young Miss Iris, Young Miss Ivy, you two are beeing called to come for a meeting.”The young maid said as her hazel eyes fluttered shut. 

“I received the calling. Me and my sister shall come after we get ready.” Iris said. 

The maid nodded and said, “Then a few minutes can be spared.” Before turning and exiting the room. 

Ivy looked at Iris and asked, “It's now, isn't it?”

Iris smiled, “Yes. It's the battle for ‘succession ’ but the club mom and dad left to us doesn't hold higher grade. They'll not be against us ruling over it which is what we need. After we take full control of the club ownership, we can fully break our relations with this family.”

“If we do, what shall be our new last name?” Ivy asked. 

“It's simple, Ivy. We'll be the Lien twins, though the word ‘Lien’ means something around debt and credits, it'd be suitable for us who'd engage in notorious business.” Iris answered. 

Ivy beamed,“We're really going along with the plan, eh? But I don't have anything to say about it. I can only do my best to make sure everything flows. And I bet that we'll enjoy it a lot. I'll make sure to make a couple of dolls if we succeed!”

Iris grabbed Ivy's hand and pulled her over, “Then Let's not waste time. Let's get ready.”

14