Chapter 15: Adventure With the Little Devils (1)
1.7k 1 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't worry! At most, I would have to pretend to be someone who had lived in the mountains since I was young. Then I would have joined a school and studied along with the kids. Hmm, it would be even better if the teacher was a beautiful woman." Seeing her sad expression, Anom started to joke with her.

Della's mood lightened as she scolded him cutely, “You haven't been here for a day yet, and you are already thinking of such things."

Anom found her expression too cute and couldn't stop himself. Grabbing the back of her head, he connected his lips with hers. Della gasped at the sudden attack but soon responded evenly.

Their tongues wrestled for a few minutes before they separated. Della's eyes looked moist with a flushed face, making Anom's heart even itchier.

Anom placed his hands on her bottom, kneading the soft buns while saying regretfully, "Too bad this isn't the real world; otherwise, I would have 'attacked' you even more fiercely."

As he heard this, Della's face turned weird. She was about to say something but closed her mouth again, as even thinking of what she wanted to say made her redder by the second.

"What's wrong?" asked Anom, seeing her weird reaction.

"N- Nothing! I was just arranging the language skills in my head." She changed the topic as she said, “Now get ready. I will transfer this skill, which will enable you to communicate with anyone. If it's a being with an intelligence level high enough to develop language patterns, you can converse with him just as you would with someone from your own world. Both sides will feel as if the other party is using the same language as them. While if the other party has a lower intelligence, they will not have any patterned speech, you will still be able to understand what is being said, and the other party will understand you easily.”

Della was about to put her hand on his forehead, but Anom caught her hand and asked, "Our bodies here are just manifested from our souls, right?"

Della was confused at his sudden question but still answered, "Yes, so?"

Anom suddenly smirked as he pulled her in for a kiss once again and transmitted his thought to her: "Now transfer the skill to me."

Della complained in a pouty tone, "You're never serious!" She started transferring the skills to him.

"It's better when I'm not serious; otherwise, who will save the world from me?" Anom said it in a half-serious, half-joking manner.

"What? So will you take out your anger on the whole world for your bad mood?" She asked, amused.

"Nah! It was just a way of saying it. Only my enemies will get some sleepless nights."

Della continued the transfer as she teased, "Will you even turn against me?"

"Never! I would prefer to kill myself before I can even think like that." Anom looked into her eyes as he spoke seriously.

Della also matched his gaze and saw the affection and care in his seriousness.

Suddenly, Anom spoke mischievously, "Besides, I have a different way to punish you."

"What's that?" Della transmitted curiously.

PAH!

What answered her was a crisp slap on her bottom. Della almost stopped the transfer while her face turned different shades of crimson.

She angrily scolded him while pinching the soft skin on his arm. Although they were in their soul forms, their brains could still treat it as an action performed on their bodies.

While they were 'fighting' like that, their kiss turned even fiercer, and this time even Della went wild. If the creatures of the world knew how their goddess was being treated by a mere mortal, they would surely riot while the world burned due to this blasphemous act.

Soon, the skill transfer ended after a few minutes. Della pushed Anom away and took deep breaths with a flushed face.

"Let's forget about you being a goddess." Anom asked in confusion, "But why do you need to take a breath in this soul form?"

Della didn't reply and just looked at him in annoyance while thinking, 'Isn't it because of you?' Besides, she was doing so to calm her rapidly beating heart.

She took a deep breath and said to Anom, "Okay. The transfer is done. You can go now and take some rest. We'll meet again tomorrow."

"What's the hurry?" asked Anom as he moved closer to her. "Let's talk for a while more.”

"N-No need. I'm busy with something. We'll talk later." As soon as she finished speaking, the connection between their souls ended.

Anom opened his eyes as he thought about what had happened and frowned. All of a sudden, he thought of something as his confusion cleared up, and he let out a gasp.

Then he chuckled, "I'll deal with her tomorrow." Anom had just realized that all the sensations they felt in their soul form were the same as in the real world. So, if he had made some fiercer 'attacks' on her, he might have succeeded. That's why she was acting so weirdly; she already knew it.

Anom shook his head and focused his mind on studying the skill he had just learned.

The skill enables the user to understand and study all kinds of languages. The user could also transmit some special soul waves along with their words. Even someone who has no concept of language will be able to understand your intent. Though a strong and versatile soul is required to employ the skill.

Let's test it out tomorrow. He thought as he lay on the floor and tried to sleep. Well, it didn't take much effort, as his brain was already very tired from all the activities it had done today.

Before he could finish thinking about how tired he felt, he was already asleep, like he was passed out.

……

Anom moved and felt some itching on his face, but as he tried to move his hand to scratch it, he found that he couldn't move his body. Anom panicked as he opened his eyes.

What greeted him was a dancing black tail, moving sideways, up and down, and sometimes striking his nose.

He exerted all his strength and pushed himself into a sitting position, flinging away the fur balls on his face and torso while he said to the ones remaining on his legs in an exasperated voice, "Isn't your way of saying good morning a bit absurd?"

The creatures didn't react for a second, as if they were surprised. They all then bounced towards him while making their usual "Chi Chi" sounds.

Anom was about to tell them to keep it down in the morning when he found, to his great surprise, that he could now understand what they were saying, like the one at the back was saying, "Hey, the god's angel is awake!"

Angel?

The one beside him said, "Can we eat meat now?" The reply he got from his friends were comments calling him a glutton and telling him to shut up.

Meat? Were they talking about him? He looked at them weirdly and cautiously.

Another one was saying, "Hey, let's do that again, but this time I will jump on his soft stomach."

Jump my ass!

Chi Chi… A voice suppressed all this chaos as the leader called out from the back as he arrived in front of Anom.

Just when Anom thought that there was finally someone sensible among them. The leader turned to the crowd and said, "Chi Chi…"

What he meant was, "Look how rudely you all are acting." He said. "Even I, your leader, haven't gotten his turn yet, and you want to jump again?"

The leader's tone was serious, and the others lowered their heads as if they were feeling guilty.

This is what you are all feeling guilty for? Anom speechlessly looked at this scene in front of him as he rubbed his forehead.

52