Chapter 56: Mire of Desire
820 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

THUD!

The next sound he heard was surprisingly not of his flesh getting pierced.

Before the dagger could reach its aim, the assassin girl lost all her strength and fell to the floor. She tried to grab the dagger but even crawling proved to be difficult for her. Although immune to the Muscle Contracting drug, the smoke from the candle still caused her some discomfort. She had to constantly divert her attention to deal with the fumes that had entered her body.

Seeing her unstable state, Anom didn’t waste time anymore. Closing his eyes, he took this chance to focus on healing himself. His energy ran through the channels as he concentrated all of it to gather the drug particles, preventing them from getting absorbed by his organs and muscles.

Inner strength moved through his energy channels, gathering the mixed substance and expelling it towards his pores.

But the process of expelling was easier said than done. Anom's control over his inner strength was still not fine enough. The degree of control required to gather the dispersed particles was too much for his current level.

As such, all he could do was to continue channeling his energy and keep the drug out of his bloodstream. He would have to depend on his natural immunity to do the rest of the work.

As he was focusing on his internal condition, a sudden warmth enveloped his chest. It felt as if a small snake was snuggling against his chest, trying to rob him of his warmth.

A weird sensation crept over his body, making him almost loose his focus. Gritting his teeth, Anom did his best to maintain his concentration.

Unfortunately, the naughty snake was not going to allow him a moment of peace. Taking a dive, it reached his waist and continued its descent.

Facing the potential stimulus, Anom had no choice but to open his eyes. The sudden loss of focus resulted in disruption of his energy cycle, rendering his previous efforts worthless.

Not dwelling on it further, his hand moved with difficulty and grabbed the soft snake that was taking advantage of his immobility. Anom lowered his head and stared at the culprit in exasperation.

In front of him was the assassin girl, lying on the floor while glaring at him with her purple eyes full of anger. Her teeth were clenched while she was trying to get her rough breathing under control. One of her hands was in Anom's grasp while the other hand was clenched in a fist. Clearly, she was trying her best to not let it wander like the other one.

"Touch yourself if you want. Don't take liberties with a helpless gentleman." Anom ignored her glare and pushed her back. She was the one who disrupted his focus while taking liberties with his body. And now she had the gal to glare at him. What a girl!

His words made her eyes go wide.

"Why would I do such disgraceful things, you perverted scum?"

Anom stared at her in surprise for a moment before pointing downwards. "Then what about this?" Anom asked while pointing at her hand which had once again invaded his privacy and was currently rising higher while exploring his thighs.

"Th-That's because of your disgusting drug. I can't control it." She gave a reason which would have sounded more believable if not for her flushed face.

Anom was flabbergasted at her reasoning. 'Then why are you touching me? Is that considered less disgraceful than touching yourself?' Anom wanted to shake his head but couldn't. The drug had begun to affect his body again, making even talking an arduous task.

Helpless, he could only keep pushing her hands away.

But just as he tried to move his hands forward, a feeling of dizziness clouded his senses. This delay allowed the naughty hand to reach its destination.

Because of the aphrodisiac, a bulge was already created in his pants. The sudden invasion of warmth and softness didn't help anyway, only ending up increasing the stimulation.

The scary thing about an aphrodisiac was, other than letting it do its work, if one failed to purge its effects on the body, the mind would be the next to follow…

It had nothing to do with the drug itself. It was related to human nature. Once stimulated to a certain degree, what followed was the unleashing of basic instincts.

Sweating profusely, Anom knew he couldn't let it escalate any further. Hence, he tried his best to shake her hand off by twisting his body. But this only made the situation worsen. He now found himself enjoying this kind of movement and couldn't bring himself to stop.

Only after a moment did he come to his senses and broke out in cold sweat.

'I have to stop this.' Acting on his thoughts, Anom raised his hand with some difficulty and moved in to grab the source of the pleasure itself.

But just as he moved forward, the soft hand increased the amount of strength used in its grip, and although not harmful, the sudden stimulation made him lose his balance.

THUD!

As he landed on the floor, Anom groaned, not due to pain, but because of the flowery fragrance that had started to assault his nose. Realizing the severity of this position, he smiled bitterly.

Meanwhile, the sudden impact made the girl come to her senses. Gathering her strength, she tried to distance herself, but halfway through, she lost her strength and ended up on her side, facing Anom.

She stared at the covered face which was now right in front of her, in bewilderment. A manly scent made its way towards her, making her aware of the situation she was in.

Their gazes met but they both remained silent. Only a cacophony of heavy breathing was audible in the silent chamber while their bodily scents combined to form a musky fragrance, enticing them further.

“What are you doing?” The silence was broken by the cold but melodious voice of the assassin girl.

Anom snapped out of his daze, only to find her glaring at him. Tilting his head with difficulty, he found one of his hands resting on her waist.

His expression turned awkward as he was embarrassed to be caught doing something that he had just reprimanded her about. Just as he was thinking of a way to explain the situation, he felt a shadow passing before his eyes. Before he could react, his mask was removed. An average and not-so-attractive face was revealed.

‘Looks like she is completely immune against her drug. Sigh, only if I could get some antidote…’ Unlike Anom, the girl only had to deal with the aphrodisiac. Her body was not really weak, just that she wasn’t able to get a grip on herself, making her unable to properly utilize her strength. Otherwise, Anom would have been in some serious trouble.

Anom looked at the assassin girl calmly, not at all bothered by her sudden movement. But his plain gaze made her flustered for some reason. Avoiding his gaze, she muttered with a slight frown, “That was my revenge.” Meanwhile, she was wondering, ‘He really doesn’t look like a gang leader at all, but his skills are too scary.’

Her soft voice acted like a stimulant, which, along with her natural charm, assaulted his rationality. The musky scent and their close proximity made the atmosphere too ambiguous to be considered normal.

Anom suddenly found her to be mesmerizing. He looked at her soft lips, wanting to have a taste. Her blushing cheeks, red like an apple, invited him for a bite. Her moist purple eyes made him want to get immersed in them forever.

Suddenly, his hand moved on its own as he pulled her closer. Their bodies were now stuck close, having not even an inch of gap.

The girl tried to squirm out of his grasp, but the struggle she could put up in her weakened state made her seem like a coy girlfriend asking for more love.

Loosing control over his urges, Anom acted like he had received a sudden boost. His stiff body moved suddenly as he ended up above the girl. His hands were placed on her sides, his face hovering just above hers. Gazes locked, they exchanged warm breaths that were getting increasingly erratic.

The soft and warm sensation of the two mounds pressed against his chest made him feel heavenly. Their lower bodies were also aligned close enough that even the slightest movement made both of them jolt.

During this sexually tense state, a sudden move was made, but it was not Anom who had done so…

Anom was pulled out of his dazed state. His lips, which had just been kissed, felt warm and moist.

Looking at her face, Anom found that her eyes were closed. She was biting her lower lip hard, as if punishing herself for the horrible deed she had committed.

Suddenly, a tear dripped out of her closed eyes and dripped on the floor. That single tear didn’t have much of an effect on the present atmosphere, but Anom felt like a bucket of cold water had been poured over his head. Looking at her pitiful appearance, a sense of guilt rose within his heart.

He was not someone who would go soft on the opposite gender when he did his work. But in the current situation, it was clear that they were not enemies. Besides, he considered it his responsibility as the stronger party to take the situation under his control.

Regaining control over himself, Anom took a deep breath. Reaching towards his waist, he silently took out his blade.

The assassin girl had no idea about the changes in Anom’s emotions. She had already resigned herself to fate while her body was shivering in anger and shame. Angry at herself for being overconfident due to her background. Shame due to finding herself anticipating something. She was already thinking of ways to deal with the situation after the man above her had finished having his way with her.

Just as she was blaming her cruel fate, she heard a sound… In the silence of the closed and dark room, a soft sound of dripping echoed.


Thanks for reading!

13