Chapter 60: The Guests
849 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two shadows fluttered through the desolate alleys before stopping in front of an intersection.

"Get ready. We will reach there after passing through this block." Anom turned to look at the assassin-girl who was carrying the blonde girl on her back. "Are you sure you don't want me to carry her?"

"No need." The purple-haired girl replied in her usual cold tone. Sweat covered her forehead, but she still gritted her teeth while tightening her hold on the blonde. "There's no way I would put my friend in the hands of a pervert like you."

"..."

"That extra comment was unnecessary," Anom muttered as he crossed the empty alley.

After deciding to leave, they waited till nightfall before leaving the Giro Gang's base.

The blonde girl was still unconscious, so they had to carry her with them. Anom had asked the assassin-girl to let him be the one to carry the weight but was straightforwardly refused.

Carrying the blonde on her back, the assassin-girl was having a hard time following him. The weight was not the problem, but the need to use light steps and control the range of disturbance while running was the real challenge.

'Good thing we are almost there.'

The last block had many spies monitoring the entrance. Fortunately, both of them were skilled enough to bypass such half-assed measures.

Soon, they arrived before a large wall that spread unfathomably towards both sides.

"So this is your base," the girl muttered. She had already guessed that Anom would be from a local force belonging to this city, so she was not surprised. His action of sneaking inside also did not come as a surprise, as it was common for people like her to enter and exit in a similar manner.

Anom didn't reply and continued onward.

The guards here made use of the high walls to their advantage, making the security more efficient.

But this was even less of a problem for him as he already knew the layout of this place very well.

As the girl kept following him, both of them soon entered inside without creating any disturbance.

"Here we are." Anom smiled. "Welcome to the Safaira estate." He then gestured for them to continue.

"So it's the Safaira family... What a surprise." Her eyes narrowed as she seemed to have thought of something.

Now that they were inside, the remaining distance was covered with ease.

Their steps halted as they arrived at a flower garden. A path passed through the middle of the garden, arriving outside a beautiful villa.

A beautiful girl of petite stature was standing at the door, looking around as if searching for something.

Suddenly, as if sensing something, she looked in Anom's direction. A big smile bloomed on her face, making her look even cuter. She opened her mouth to speak, but covered it with her hands quickly.

Anom smiled. Looking at the cute girl, he felt a sudden urge to hug her.

'Just who could have even thought that such a cute creature might be a reincarnated goddess?' Anom smiled as he walked towards the villa.

"Luna, what are you doing, running outside like that?" A soft voice was heard as the door opened.

Crystal came out, but before she could speak further, Anom's figure entered her sight.

A relieved smile covered her face. "You're here." A harmonious scene was created, filled with smiles.

But that didn't last for long...

"Hm? Who are these two?" Crystal quickly noticed the two girls behind Anom. "And what are they doing here?"

"You can consider them guests." He smiled.

"Hmph, you are really treating this place like your own home." Crystal pouted.

"Captives would be a more suitable choice of words." The assassin-girl suddenly stepped towards Anom.

"Show us the place where we are going to stay. I don't want to waste more time with you."

"Sure." Anom didn't mind her tone and agreed.

But Crystal didn't take it similarly. Seeing some unknown girl talking to Anom rudely made her annoyed.

"What's with that attitude? I don't care if you are a guest or a captive. But this is my home, so you better keep it low." Her head held high, Crystal acted in a manner befitting of the missy of a big house.

"Heh." Surprisingly, the assassin-girl was not angered. "If this was a formal visit, you people would have been following me around, trying to flatter me to no end. But now? Sigh... The ways of the world." She shook her head with a melancholic expression on her face.

"Why is the pervert who takes advantage of helpless males trying to sound philosophical?"

"You're the pervert!" The calm image she displayed earlier vanished without a trace. "And what do you mean by 'males'? I only took ad- It was only you!" Her cheeks turned red, not knowing whether it was from anger or from shame.

Crystal's eyes grew wide as she exclaimed. "Anom, what is happening here? Tell me ev- mmph!"

"Alright. Don't create a commotion. Let's go in first." Anom said as he dragged Crystal through the door.

"Take a seat, everyone." Anom gestured towards the sofa while he grabbed a chair for himself.

"Luna, can you go and call Madam Loreana?" Anom patted the little maid who was standing by his side.

"Okay." Giving a quick reply in her cheerful voice, the little maid ran out of the door.

"You better call your family head too." The assassin girl suddenly spoke.

"Hmph. Who do you think you are to demand the presence of my father? Even I..." Crystal, who was already annoyed by these "guests", scoffed as she stood up.

"Tsk. Don't try to agitate me. You're not qualified enough to speak here," said the assassin-girl as she nonchalantly turned her head.

"You-!!"

"Crystal!" Anom shouted while standing up from his seat. "Come here."

Crystal, who was frightened by the sudden shout, lowered her head as she timidly stepped forward.

Expecting to be reprimanded for her behaviour, she closed her moist eyes while arriving in front of Anom.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" A warm embrace engulfed her shivering figure as the words filled with concern entered her ears.

"Anom." Grabbing on to his clothes tightly, she burst into tears. "I-"

"Shhh! Calm down first. We'll talk after we're done here, alright?" Rubbing her back gently, Anom spoke in a soothing voice.

"Hm." Giving a soft reply, Crystal remained in his embrace for a moment longer before returning to her seat with a smile on her face.

"How boring," said the disappointed assassin-girl, who had been anticipating a good show.

Just as the short scene was finished, Luna, followed by Loreana, entered through the door.

"Please accept my greetings. I'm Loreana, wife of the head of the Safaira Family." In accordance with noble etiquette, Loreana introduced herself with a light bow. Then she took a seat beside Crystal. "I welcome the two noble guests to my house... Could I have the honour of knowing your distinguished names?" Loreana asked in her melodious voice. The charm and elegance that accompanied her speech were beyond what one would expect of someone from a small merchant family. After becoming affected by Anom's presence, she seemed to have awakened the charming talent hidden in her bloodline.

"Oh... Y-Yes. I'm Na-" Even the usually arrogant assassin-girl was mesmerised by Loreana, so much so that she almost blurted out something she shouldn't have. "Forgive me, Madam, but for certain reasons, I'm unable to share my name."

"If you do not mind me asking," she then asked, "were you perhaps a member of the Great Families from the Capital... or maybe from another kingdom?" Carrying a curious expression, the assassin-girl wondered aloud about the origins of this charming woman in front of her.

"Oh my. I'm flattered. I would have to disappoint you though, as I have no such affiliations."

"I see." The assassin-girl nodded. Keeping silent for a moment, she then turned towards Anom. "What are your plans for us?"

Anom, who was wondering about the Great families and the other kingdoms that she mentioned earlier, responded by asking, "You just want to know when you'll be able to leave, right?"

"That's correct." She agreed. "Keeping us here for too long won't be a wise choice."

"Oh, I'm aware." Anom smiled. "I don't want to anger the Great families after all."

"Tch!" The assassin-girl made an annoyed expression as she realised she had unintentionally let loose some information once again.

"Do you need me to make their arrangements, Anom?" Loreana asked.

Anom nodded. "That would help, Ma'am. Thank you."

The assassin-girl saw this exchange and found Loreana's image becoming mysterious. Previously, she was still in doubt regarding Anom's actions in Giro Gang's lair. But now she was sure that the real mastermind was this lady in front of her.

'Looks like I can only co-operate with them for now.' Previously, she would still have considered breaking out with her friend had she received the chance. But now that things looked more complicated, she considered playing it safe. Furthermore, she was also curious about the charming Madam Loreana.

Anom, who was secretly observing her reaction, smiled inwardly and threw an appreciative glance at Loreana as this was the effect he wanted to achieve. Bringing the two girls here was a risky but thoughtfully calculated move.

'Ensuring the Safaira family's survival would require more than just dealing with the Handler family. I have to make good use of this opportunity.' His face looked tranquil, but a swarm of thoughts was being processed as he was taking the new factors into consideration and modifying his moves accordingly.

After a brief talk, Loreana left to arrange a place for the assassin-girl and the sleeping blonde beauty.

"You two go ahead with Madam, I have some things to discuss with our guests." Anom said to Crystal and Luna, who nodded and followed after Loreana.

"What more do you want to discuss?" The assassin-girl asked impatiently.

Anom stared at her for a moment before replying, "You're not the one I want to talk to." He pointed at the sleeping blonde girl. "She is."

"No way!" The assassin-girl refused directly. "We should let her awaken naturally lest she suffer some harm." She tried her best to look like a concerned friend, but there was still a trace of misplaced panic in her tone.

"Fine." Anom sighed. "I guess you're right."

"Carry her, then. Let me bring you both to the place you'll be staying at." Helplessly shaking his head, Anom gestured for her to take the lead.

The assassin-girl looked a bit relieved as she nodded quickly and carried her friend.

"Ahh!"

Just as she began walking while carrying her friend, a surprised yelp came from behind. Stunned at first, the assassin-girl soon became agitated as she recognised the voice which belongs to her friend, who was supposed to be unconscious.

"Man, that must have been a really good sleep, seeing how energetic your voice is." Anom mumbled as he removed his hand that was grabbing the blonde girl's butt.

"Y-you..." The blonde girl, who was now awake, stuttered as she failed to register what had just happened. She was just continuing with her act when a sudden impact on her bottom shook her awake. The blonde girl realised their predicament by looking at her friend, who had turned her head to look at her nervously.

Anom broke their contemplation as he gestured towards the seats with a harmless smile on his face.

"Well, let's have a 'good' talk now, shall we?"


You can also visit my Patreon and Ko-Fi for the advanced chapters!

15