Chapter 109: The Girls’ Departure
93 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"They've already left?" Selvo was taken aback.

Bringing Blatt along had been a secondary objective for him; his main intention had been to bid farewell to Nia and Kristin and leave a lasting impression on them before their departure to the capital. He never expected them to have departed so early in the morning.

"Young master, it seems you haven't left the city yet," Blatt remarked, giving Selvo a quizzical look. "It is not advisable for travelers leaving cities located in forested regions to journey during the night. Most people choose to depart at dawn to maximize their travel time."

"You didn't forget about their departure, did you?" Blatt's strange expression caught Selvo off guard.

"Of course not," Selvo replied, momentarily blanking before continuing, "How could I forget something so important?"

Selvo shook his head and sighed. "I was occupied with some tasks at home. I hurried here as soon as I finished, hoping that they might still be in the city. Unfortunately, it seems I was still too late."

Blatt offered comforting words, seeing Selvo's regretful expression. "It must have been truly pressing matters that kept you from bidding farewell to the wonderful friends you've made."

"Yes," Selvo said with a helpless expression.

"But at least you've met me," Blatt smiled. "I was actually preparing to leave as well. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you before my departure."

Selvo's expression flickered, but he quickly regained his composure and inquired, "Oh, are you leaving too?"

"Yes," Blatt affirmed with a nod. "I had intended to explore deeper parts of the forest yesterday, but my encounter with all of you delayed my plans. Well, leisure time is over. I must return to my duties now." He chuckled. "It was a pleasure getting to know you, young master Selvo. Perhaps our paths will cross again if fate allows." With those words, Blatt placed the wooden mask back on his face and proceeded toward the exit of the Safaira estate.

"Wait!"

Blatt turned around, his expression calm as he inquired, "Is there something else, young master?"

"Well, actually..." Selvo nodded, stepping closer. "I was wondering if you could accompany me to my home. I don't expect you to stay and assist me with anything. It's just that my father has expressed his admiration for your skills and wishes to meet you."

Blatt didn't respond immediately; his masked face concealed any visible reaction, but his body language revealed his hesitation.

"Please don't refuse," Selvo implored, gripping Blatt's elbow and speaking sincerely. "You accepted Crystal's invitation, didn't you? Don't tell me her invitation holds more importance than mine."

"Alright," Blatt finally sighed, seemingly persuaded by Selvo's words. "If you put it that way, I can't refuse."

"Fantastic!" Selvo exclaimed, unable to contain his joy. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Selvo bid farewell to Loreana and enthusiastically pulled Blatt along, leading the way with great excitement.

As the group departed, Loreana watched them, her gaze fixed on someone until they disappeared from sight.

"Let's go," Loreana said, turning back toward the mansion as the other members followed, their confusion evident. Loreana had summoned them out to welcome Selvo's group. Despite their reluctance, they had to come, as they knew that not showing respect to him could bring trouble to their family. But witnessing the unexpected scene that unfolded, they were perplexed.

Who was that person? How did he enter their house?

And why was he so familiar with the Handler family's son?

However, for now, they had no answers as Loreana calmly led them back, showing no intention of explaining anything.

Leaving the group behind, Loreana soon reached the guest area within the estate.

"Are you all prepared?" she inquired.

"We're ready, Madam Loreana," Nia and Kristin replied, standing outside with visible excitement.

It was understandable. After all, they were finally returning home. The feeling of going back after such a long time was familiar to them, but the uncertainties they faced in the small Nulis City would always be memorable among their experiences.

Fortunately, they had encountered Anom, who somehow helped them realign their plans. If everything went as expected, their plan might even yield significant evidence regarding their enemies' movements.

"That's excellent," Loreana nodded, then added, "Just let me know if you need anything else for your journey." She paused for a moment, then asked, "Oh, by the way, how do you plan to travel? Have you already made arrangements, or would you like me to arrange an escort for you?"

"Thank you, Madam Loreana," Kristin replied politely. "You needn't worry; my brother has already made the necessary preparations for our return. We just need to leave the city and meet him outside. Everything will be fine from there."

"Very well," Nia stepped forward, saying, "If you don't mind, Madam Loreana, we would like to take our leave now."

Kristin smiled in agreement. "It has been a pleasure getting to know all of you. I hope we can meet again soon."

"Of course," Loreana replied, her lips curling slightly.

'We may meet sooner than you imagine.'

Loreana didn't disclose Anom's other plan to send her, Crystal, and Luna to the capital along with Tiana.

Collaborating to confront common enemies was one thing, but ensuring their own safety was another matter altogether. While the possibility of Nia and Kristin leaking any information about them was slim, one could never be entirely certain.

What if they inadvertently revealed something?

What if their enemies discovered their movements?

Such revelations would not only impede their plans but also put them in danger.

Unlike the two ladies from influential families, they were mere minor characters in the grand scheme of things. Any more trouble was unnecessary. Their existing burdens were overwhelming enough.

...

Loreana stood at the edge of the Safaira estate, watching as the two ladies from the capital waved their hands and disappeared among the bustling streets. She lowered her hand and made her way back to her chamber.

Upon entering, she found Tiana sitting on a chair, sipping from a cup. Tiana glanced up and noticed Loreana's return.

"They left?" Tiana asked before saying, "That guy really knows how to manipulate women. He even deceived two girls from such influential backgrounds. Impressive." Her tone was a mix of admiration and sarcasm. But Loreana could also detect a hint of jealousy that seemed to lurk beneath her words.

Loreana responded, "Most of our preparations are complete. Now we just have to wait and see if Anom can successfully infiltrate their ranks."

Tiana pondered for a moment before getting up from her chair.

"I should leave as well," Tiana said, surprising Loreana.

"Are we leaving so quickly? Shouldn't we wait for Anom's signal first?"

Tiana shook her head. "We're not leaving so soon, but I need to assist Anom with something. After our conversation yesterday, he approached me with a request for help with his plan," she explained. "I don't want to miss him along the way, so I'm heading out now."

"But don't worry. I'll be back before they depart. That is, if his idea really succeeds."

Loreana fell silent for a moment before expressing her gratitude. "Thank you, Tiana. Your assistance has been invaluable."

Tiana blushed slightly, feeling embarrassed. She coughed and waved her hand dismissively. "It's nothing, Big Sis. No need to thank me. We're family, after all." Despite her words, a sense of guilt gnawed at her heart.

'I can't let her know that I agreed to help Anom after striking a deal with him.'

Loreana smiled. "Alright, you may go now. I'll check on Crystal and Luna. They should be packing their belongings at the moment. It's their first time leaving the city, so they're quite excited." With that, she turned and left the room.

Tiana let out a sigh and followed suit, her figure vanishing from sight.

...

Blatt marveled at the sight before him. "What a magnificent place!" he exclaimed, his eyes fixed on the multi-floored mansion.

Although not as large as the Safaira estate, the Handler family mansion exuded an exquisite charm.

Selvo, walking beside Blatt, couldn't help but feel a swell of pride at those words.

The group crossed the expansive front yard, adorned with various plants, decorative trees, and strategically placed rocks. It gave the mansion a natural and welcoming ambiance.

The Handler family's mansion made a far more imposing first impression than the Safairas, who were once on equal footing with them.

Reaching the front gates, they were greeted by a row of guards donning red leather armor. Upon Selvo's arrival, they bowed and greeted him in unison.

"Welcome back, young master."

Selvo nodded his head in satisfaction. While he was used to the respect he received within his house, doing so in front of someone from outside left him with a different sense of satisfaction.

Waving his hand in acknowledgment, he inquired, "Is my father at home?"

One of the guards stepped forward and responded, "Reporting to the young master, the family head is currently inside."

Selvo nodded in confirmation before leading the group into the mansion.

The reason for his inquiry was that his father typically spent this time of day inspecting and supervising their various businesses, especially those involved in the Sorneo business deals. The degree of importance Sino Handler placed on this arrangement was evident through his dedication. It could be said that their family's fate was tied to this deal, making his hard work a natural occurrence.

"You all may return now. I'll take Blatt to see my father personally."

Selvo directed the group to the hall on the second floor before dismissing his guards.

"Let's go," Selvo said, gesturing for Blatt to follow him as they entered a hallway that led to the heart of the mansion.

As they walked, Selvo's carefree expression faded, and a more serious demeanor took its place. His face was slightly solemn, but a light smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

Meanwhile, Blatt maintained a calm smile on his face, his eyes filled with curiosity as he observed the elegant surroundings along the pathway.

Eventually, they reached a wooden door adorned with intricate carvings. Selvo took a moment to collect himself before raising his hand and knocking on the door.

A brief pause followed, and then a commanding voice resonated from within.

"Enter."

Without hesitation, Selvo opened the door and stepped inside, signaling for Blatt to join him.

It's time to see if my idea is going to work or not, thought Anom before he too entered the room. 

0