Prequel
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hero sits on the ground, defeated. All of their battles lost, not a spark left from the person they were just moments ago.

”Just kill me.” The look in the hero’s eyes is lifeless as they raise their head in a final desperate plead: ”That’s what you’ve always wanted, right?”

The villain looks down at the hero, scoffing: ”So this is where you finally give up?”

The villan rises from their seat and quietly descends the steep marble steps, stopping in front of the hero. They look at each other for a moment that seems to last forever. Something flickers in the villain's eyes.

Sadness? Triumph? The hero ponders while lowering their gaze to the ground. Not that it matters anymore.

Suddendly the villain extends their hand and softly brushes their cold fingertips on the hero's blood covered cheek. The hero blinks in confusion, but before they can move away, the villain forcibly yanks the hero up. Turbulent darkness seems to be swirling within the villain’s eyes as they grab the hero’s chin, lifting it up.

”Time to give these back to you.” With one swift movement the villain forces their lips to meet in a kiss that seems both violent and strangely desperate. The hero’s eyes widen in surprise and they try to push the villain away from them, causing themselves to lose balance and tumble down to the floor instead.

What..?

If possible, the villain’s eyes have turned even blacker than they were before. The villain rises and turns to leave the room. ”This wasn’t what I wanted for you”, the villain whispers and their slow steps echo trough the hall, soon coming to a halt. ”I still...”

The rest of the phrase is cut off by the hero’s scream from the floor.

It hurts... Strangely familiar memories force their way violently into their mind. What is this? Why did I forget?

The hero and villain playing as kids. An innocent crush turning into love. Darkness. War. Desperation. A promise. And... a betrayal.

”I... remember”, the hero finally gasps from the floor, covered in cold sweat. Their eyes have widened in shock as they stare at the villain's back: "I killed you that day.”

4