CHAPTER-11
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiyoshi was walking towards Hirosh's chamber. He slightly opened the door of his room and saw him reading a book while donning a pair of gold-rimmed spectacles. He was so engrossed in his book that he didn't notice his father or that's what Hiyoshi thought.

Wearing glasses and reading a book he gave off the impression of a young scholar. Hiroshi was sitting on a futon and Hiyoshi came forward and slightly stood behind him. Hiyoshi observed a book with what seemed to be outdated, discolored pages. The words in the book were far too tiny for a normal person to read, that's why Hiroshi should be wearing spectacles. He also spotted rough illustrations of plants and he knew that he must be reading a book about plants. Without raising his head, Hiroshi asked abruptly in a raspy voice, "Why are you here?".

With a slight smile on his face, Hiyoshi softly retorted, "Do I need a reason to come here?"

Then Hiroshi turned around and looked Hiyoshi in the eyes.

Hiyoshi glanced at him for a moment before saying flatly, "I know a stone called 'Mana stone'. This stone can reveal a person's identity by absorbing the mana left by that person in any place.”

Hiroshi knew that mana, like fingerprints, is unique to each person.

"To investigate Yu Jiang's case, I intended to discover that stone, which is located in the dark seas where I had once visited and is guarded by a formation. I'll need some time to break through the formation and retrieve the stone ". 

Hiyoshi stated after a little pause, "So, in a few days, I'll be going there to get that stone".

"How long will it take?" Hiroshi inquired.

Hiyoshi gave him a brief glance before responding, "Because it is a highly advanced formation, it may take 6 to 7 years." Hiroshi gave a nod.

Hiyoshi then sat on a futon beside him and stated, "After three years, there will be a pill-making competition conducted in the imperial college, and a powerful mage will oversee that competition. He also chooses his disciples after every 3 years, that's why this competition is held after every three years. There is a school of Alchemy and the students are selected from that school. To participate in the competition, you must first register with the School of Alchemy. I know you like studying plants, therefore I propose that you study Herbal Alchemy. If you are interested, you should enroll at the School of Alchemy."

Hiroshi seemed to understand his father's reasoning; he simply did not want him to be shut in the room all day long. He wants him to experience the outside world.

Hiroshi arched an eyebrow and stated, "I enjoy studying plants and am aware of this competition, but I do not wish to attend the School of Alchemy. I want to study on my own." Hiyoshi was well aware that his kid dislikes interacting with others, therefore he did not inquire about the reason for his son's refusal to attend school.

But Hiyoshi didn't give up and persisted, saying, "If you don't want to attend the school. Don't enter just now. You can enter two months before the competition and participate in it. I can write a letter which will help you get into the school 2 months before the competition starts. You can study at home now and then review in school to determine if there is a difference between your self-study and academic lessons. You will have a good opportunity to gain experience and compete."

Hiroshi stayed silent for a while and then said “Alright.”

Hiyoshi left after ten days to find the mana stone, and Hiroshi resumed his tedious routine of reading books about plants, cultivating, and rehearsing the songs he had learned. Meanwhile, Yu Jiang did not cause any trouble, nor did she attempt to kill Hiroshi since Hiroshi does not go outside, and Hiyoshi established a formidable formation around his house and instructed some great cultivators to protect his son before leaving.

Days, months, and years passed and Hiroshi turned 15 years old. Now there were only two months till the competition begins.

Students were chatting in the classroom till the lady teacher entered and they greeted her. She entered the classroom, holding a book. The subject of the book was 'Exogenous Plants Cultivation Manual-II'. She instructed the students to be quiet. Then she continued, "Students, today we have a new student in our class.  This student was learning at home and came here today because he wanted to join the competition, and as you know, only those who are enrolled in the school can compete".

One student raised his hand and said,

"Teacher, but there are only two months till the competition, and this class is particularly selected for those who will compete. To get into this class, we must first pass a test, and those who can pass the exam are eligible to enroll in this class, which is designed specifically for students who will compete. So, why did he arrive so late besides we have been studying for 3 years for this competition and he came today how can he manage to keep up with all we have learned.”

"I forgot to inform you that he is the son of the Zither Clan Leader Hiyoshi," the teacher said gently. When the teacher stated this, the entire class erupted.

Some girls began to murmur among each other, "You know Clan Leader Hiyoshi is incredibly elegant and attractive like a prince," "I am really curious about his looks".

"Of sure, he'll be insanely beautiful," another student added.  "Clan Leader Hiyoshi is extremely charming and one of the most attractive people in heaven. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing his son."

When the students' whispering grew louder, the teacher then said with a firm voice, “Silence please"

The students instantly became quiet. The teacher stated after taking a breath,

“His name is Hiroshi. Clan leader Hiyoshi said in a letter that he likes to study plants. He has been learning about herbal alchemy for many years at his home. There will be a mock exam before the actual competition, so his father said that we should let him take that exam and see whether he is qualified for the competition". 

After hearing their teacher, several guys who had feelings of envy over the fact that Hiroshi got admitted to this particular class due to his father's influence rather than his own efforts felt relieved and the flame of jealousy was instantly put out.

The teacher was aware of the students' enthusiasm since Hiroshi's father Hiyoshi is well-known for being extremely attractive in heaven. The students, particularly the girls, were excited to discover that Hiroshi would be attending their class. As the students conversed in whispers, one girl asked another, "Hey, do you think he would be as attractive as Yi Chen." 

The other girl replied. “Since he carries his father's genes so he must be really attractive too".

Another girl asked the teacher boldly,

"Teacher you must have seen him right? What does he look like? Does he look like his father? Or is he more beautiful than him?"

The teacher rubbed her forehead with some irritation thinking that all day long the mind of these teenagers were filled with this stuff. She was quite concerned about this future generation.

"Everyone please calm down. I'll be meeting him for the first time just like the rest of you".

A boy entered the classroom as soon as the teacher had finished speaking. The moment he entered, the entire class turned to face him and they all expressed disappointment. They once more began whispering.

“Hey, he has ordinary looks. He is nothing like his father.”, one boy said with a mocking laugh.

 One of the girls, who was also known as the school goddess and rumored to be dating the class's most attractive lad, Yi Chen, muttered in a low voice. “His looks, tch tch. He really looks like a country bumpkin. What an outstandingly ordinary appearance he has”. The teacher looked at the person who came into the class and thought in her heart ‘What a disappointment. He truly does not resemble his father".

The teacher told the class to quiet down. Then she gave a smile to the student and said.  “Alright. I've learned about you from the principal but you should introduce yourself to the class". The student that came into the class nodded and said “Hello everyone. I am Zhang Wei. I am from Zhang...Zhang Village of..of..”

The student who was introducing himself suddenly began to stammer. He didn't know what happened now. When he entered the class all the students started murmuring but soon they started to do their own work and were not the least bit interested in his introduction but now once again they were looking at him with shocked and stupefied expressions.

Teacher who was also looking at him with same expression, asked him.

"What did you say, your name is?"

"It's Zhang Wei".

"Your name is not Hiroshi?"

Before he could answer 'no', he heard a voice behind him.

"I am Hiroshi".

0