Prologue 2 – The Lexington Family
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Any nobles, adventurers, and merchants knew who Lexington Family was. They’re the family of the wanderer who travels from one place to another before settling in. According to historians who were constantly studying Lexington Family, their homeland, Sevis, is regarded as mythical by the people of Yggdrasil. The town of Sevis appeared in several areas, matching the behavior of the Lexington Family, who also wanders through the World of Yggdrasil. Some family members become successful merchants, adventurers, generals, or even Aristocrats, while some fall during their journey. Death is a usual threat to the Lexington Family, as they maintain their tradition to conduct journeys when they reach the coming of age.

The Lexington Family’s main contribution is the discovery of new materials, ingredients, dungeons, monsters, and knowledge. A part of the journal would turn into a book of knowledge, passing it down on the Indexa Kingdom, a Kingdom is known to store every knowledge from the entire continent. Needless to say, the Lexington Family makes an indirect contribution to the continent’s growth.

Their Heirloom was kept safe at Sevis, where historians and archaeologists yearn to visit it, aiming to uncover the mystery behind the Lexington Family’s journey. The book from every generation of the Lexington Family was kept in the library, which serves as the Heirloom. Each family member who has either completed their journey, alive or deceased, the original book will be transported here and keep the copy to themselves before making another copy to their descendant. For those who died in the journey, its book will be held in an incomplete library section.

So far, historian records the Lexington Family as the most Aristocrat family without land given by the country, except for those who already settled in. Shina has visited them several times, as she knew well about their reputation as the wandering family. She visits Sevis only once, and it makes her yearn to visit once more.

Yggdrasil Year 1624, Month 11, Day 24

In her house, Shina has made a lot of notes regarding her abilities. She could not make a precise prophecy for several people, which makes her curious why Goddess Uror gives her a trial like this.

“I wonder why the Goddess gives me trial like this.”

Determined to find the person behind the prophecy, Shina sets out with her mobile wagon.

Yggdrasil year 1624, Month 12, Day 9

Shina stopped upon the Kingdom of Aldenbourne to resupply at the capital, Aldeburgh. When she looked at the fate of the Kingdom through her crystal ball, she saw two pathways to take. The first is the path to prosperity, and the other is a path to tragedy.

On her way to visit the Lexington Family at noble district, she saw a noblewoman she was acquainted with, and coincidentally, she also saw Shina. She walks to Shina, and they exchange their greetings.

“Lady Sera Lexington, or I should say, Lady Sera Hereford. What brings you here? It’s unusual for you to come out without any escort.”

“I want to hone my skill once more, Madam Shina. Days of living as a Countess of Hereford makes my skill becomes rusty.”

“As expected of the Traveling Family.”

“What is your purpose of visiting here, if I may ask?”

“I’m looking for someone.”

“It’s unusual for the Madam Prophet to look for someone.”

Madam Prophet is a nickname bestowed to Shina because of her precision in fortune-telling. Although she’s a fortune teller, her reputation earns the nickname of Madam Prophet from those who witness their prophecy becomes a reality.

“I have… Several years where I cannot read it a couple of days ago.”

“That’s interesting. How many I should pay if I wish to use your service?”

“No. This one is on me.”

“Then, please do.”

Casting a levitation spell on her crystal ball, it starts to float from her hand. She makes a reading of Sera Lexington. She tracks every future timeline, one after another, as she slowly moves towards the eighteen to twenty-five years of prophecy. She can read in the first eighteen to twenty years ahead, but somehow, she could not read between twenty-one to twenty-five years.

“It seems you will also be involved in a series of events that I could not see as well.”

“How so? When it would be?”

“Twenty to twenty-five years.”

“Oh, that’s interesting. I think there will be a huge event happening in that time.”

“I hope so.”

Shina found a piece of the puzzle, and it seems one of it is here, in the Kingdom of Aldenbourne. However, she finds an interesting prophecy, as there will be a tragedy in six years, and there are two pathways in eighteen years. It makes her think if that tragedy was somehow could be related to the event that transpires in the future.

“Thank you for allowing me to read your prophecy, Madam Lexington.”

“Oh, don’t mind me. I have to think wisely thanks to your prophecy, Madam Shina.”

Leaving Aldenbourne after resupply, Shina continues to travel for a couple of weeks. After three weeks of travel, she arrived at the Kingdom of Arminia, where one of the Lexington Family settled here as a farmer and a Baron, near the city of Shills.

Shills is a small town whose primary resources came from the farm, with the Sylvester Family as a ruler of the city. Bandits often raid the granary due to its food resources and harvest season. The guild often deployed adventurers to provide security in lieu of the Town Guard to fill the gap due to understaffed during harvest season. Additionally, the town hall often commissions adventurers to guard the farmer during harvest season and escort supplies from this town, with a rate of at least D-rank, depending on the destination, threats, and season.

In this place, the Lexington Family earns the noble title of Baron. The Kingdom awards them due to their knowledge on their journey. As humble as other Lexington families do, they refuse to take any land to govern, which makes them put under the wing of the Sylvester Family, an Earl that rules over Shills. However, the Kingdom entrusts them as an agriculture ambassador, reporting directly to the throne for the progress of agriculture. The Kingdom has already prepared them to become a Minister of Agriculture in the next three years with a promotion to Earl. The royals accept the condition set by the Lexington Family, where they will remain at Shills even when the appointment day comes and stay under Earl Sylvester.

“It seems I’ve met another unique Lexington Family again.”

Shina always felt curious about how Lexington Family conducted their journey and ended up somewhere they found it fit for them to settle. They knew the tradition and its legacy well and wish to maintain it, with very few exceptions, such as family members who decide to stay in a place where another Lexington Family stays but maintain their distance. While they were contacting each other, none has offered other descendants of the Lexington Family a resident to stay unless they were asked to.

Shina arrives at a manor, not far from the town of Shills, where the Lexington Family is talking with some farmers, discussing the new crops. A short black hair wearing nobleman clothes looks dazzling when bathed under the sunlight.

“We have to do a crop rotation, and it’s already proven and accepted by the royal office.”

“But, won’t it makes the yield of harvest reduced?”

“Yes. However, we need to maintain the nutrition of the soil as well. We can ask the elves to verify if the soil was true needs nourishment for us to keep producing food for the Kingdom.”

The farmers began to think about it, as some of the once plantable soil now became difficult to harvest due to lack of growth.

After discussing, Kurt Lexington saw Shina staring at Yuki Lexington, who is currently sunbathing their son, Reynes Lexington. He bows to her.

“Madam Prophet, what brings you here?”

“Ah, my apologies, Baron Lexington. I’m here because of certain circumstances.”

“Would you like some tea? I would prepare it for you, and then we can talk about it further.”

“I’ll gladly take that offer.”

“Yuki. We have a guest. I will prepare the tea, and you can keep sunbathing our son.”

Kurt is unaware that Yuki fell asleep while holding Reynes in her arms. A white-haired woman extends to her waist, making her hair looks like a mirror when the sun shines i. Moments later, Kurt finished arranging the table and chair and serving tea to the table close enough so he could keep an eye on Yuki.

“What brings you here, Madam Prophet? I’ve never expected to have you come and visit us. Normally, we, like other people, are coming for you.”

“There were some circumstances that have brought to my attention. It regards my prophecy in the future.”

“Oh, how come?”

“That’s because… I’m unable to read the prophecy in a certain time in the future.”

“That’s interesting. I’d never received any case like that when I met you during the journey.”

“This is the first case I’ve received.”

Kurt thinks about it. Ever since Reynes was born, he can sense something strange as he has a vision of someone who would weave the destiny of this world. Since Shina is here, he wants to verify it.

“Do you feel some strange phenomenon ever since my son was born?”

“Yes, I sense it. But, not even Indexa Kingdom got any conclusion about it. They’re still investigating every possibility of why it happens. Thankfully, there were no known casualties.”

Indexa Kingdom is famous for advanced technology and the center of academic learning. The Indexa Kingdom always sends its best scholar to investigate whenever a new event happens.

Sipping her tea, Shina takes out her crystal ball. “Can I read your son’s fortune?”

“Do I have to pay for it?”

“No need. This one is on me.”

“Mmm…” at that time, Yuki has just awakened from her slumber. She kept holding Reynes as he was still sleeping. Looking at Kurt, she looks surprised at first, but she maintains her calm.

“Ara. It’s unexpected to see Madam Prophet here.”

“I apologize for a sudden visit, Ma’am.”

“Don’t worry. I will bring my son inside first.”

“P-please wait!”

Yuki turned around as she was about to bring Reynes into the house.

“What is it?”

“The boy. Can I read his prophecy?”

“Should I prepare the money for payment?”

“N-no. No need. This one is on me.”

Waving some hand gesture from Kurt, telling Yuki that nothing is to worry about. She approaches Shina and presents Reynes in front of her. Shina started to chant a spell to begin her fortune-telling on him.

She read his fortune, but she immediately saw something as the crystal ball started glowing brightly. Shina, Kurt, and Yuki were unprepared for these circumstances, as they covered their eyes until the crystal ball stopped glowing. Once the crystal ball stops glowing, the crystal ball becomes shining, as Shina quickly uses her eyes to look at Reynes.

“T-that’s impossible!”

Looking at the crystal ball, Shina can see Reynes’ future. As she was unable to read the event that transpire between eighteen to twenty-five years, she found him as someone that she would serve in the future.

“I… I found him….”

“What do you see, Madam Prophet?”

Shina stands up and bows to them. “Thank you. Thank you for allowing me to see the future I’ve been looking for.”

“Madan Prophet, please calm down! What is going on!?”

“This child… He… I will become his servant.”

“What?”

Both Kurt and Yuki didn’t understand what Shina was saying. Reynes will become Shina’s servant? It’s absurd when they think about it.

“How did my son was able to have you as his servant? I do not see my son as such.” Kurt felt confused about what Shina was saying about Reynes. From the entire history of the Lexington Family, none has ever been appointed as the King of the nation. The highest they can reach ever is a Duke in nobility or Prime Minister in the government.

“What makes my son would have you as his servant, Madam Prophet? You know that the future can change anytime and always be unexpected. Even my encounter with my dear husband is also unexpected.” Yuki commented about the fortune Shina said to them.

“I guess you do have a point, Madam Lexington. Have you looked at his magic power?”

Both Kurt and Yuki shakes their head. Yuki answers Shina’s question, “Our magic measure ball keeps broken no matter how many we’ve tried to measure both of our children.”

“Both?”

“Yes. This happens not only to Reynes but also to our daughter, Klendiana.”

“Can I measure their magic power?”

“Be our guest. I will get Klendiana first.”

Shina looks at Reynes as he sleeps peacefully in Yuki’s arms while Kurt leaves to pick up Klendiana. He’s a baby, yet Shina can sense immense magic power from him. She has some concern, especially if the magic wielded by Reynes and Klendiana would go out of control; it would be difficult to contain it. Moments later, Kurt returns with Klendiana.

“Is that the Madam Prophet, dad?”

“Yes, she is.”

“Hello. I’m Shina, or you call me Madam Prophet.”

Shina takes another crystal ball. Unlike the white and transparent crystal ball Shina used to read people’s fortune, the crystal ball she placed on top of the table has a blue aura surrounding it.

“Could you please put your hand on top of the crystal ball?”

A white-haired two-year-old girl places her hand on the top of the crystal ball. When she touches it, the crystal ball glows brightly, and the crystal ball also emits multiple bright colors inside it. When Shina looked at the crystal ball, it was as she had found a magician that could be molded into a Master Sorcerer if trained in the right way.

“N-no. This can’t be.”

“What did you find, Madam?” Kurt asks Shina, curious.

Shina tells her assessment result about Klendiana, “This case is unprecedented, as I’m also astonished on how my crystal ball was unable to take proper measurements of her. It would seem that I can’t read her maximum potential.”

“Is this could be related to your ancestor, Yuki?”

“My ancestor? Now you think about it. It could be related.”

“What’re you both talking about?”

Looking at Klendiana, Kurt pats Klendiana’s head. “Go back to the library, okay? Father has some serious talk with Madam Prophet.”

Nodding, Klendiana returns to the manor, but a word library makes Shina curious about Kurt’s teaching.

“When did you allow her to access your library?”

“As soon as she can write and read.”

“That’s interesting. Now, back to the topic on the hand. How does this relate to Miss Yuki’s ancestor?”

Yuki answers Shina’s question. “I believe it’s due to myself that I’m a high elf. I was considered an illegitimate child due to being born with human ears. An elf born with appearance as a human was discriminated with fellow high elves, even for other race of elf, they discriminate me when they saw my ears.”

“That’s one of the million cases, wasn’t it? An elf who was born with a human appearance is a very rare case. How could that happen?”

“I have no idea, either. Even the villagers saw me as a cursed child, so they exiled me when I reached twenty years old. Since I left the village, I traveled for around three years, met my husband, and we settled here.”

Shina wants to investigate Yuki’s homeland regarding the birth defect that causes Yuki to be born with human ears. Since Reynes and Klendiana were supposed to be born half-elf with pointed ears, it perks her interest as she saw that both of them did not have pointed ears. It’s as they were born as a human.

“May I assess your son’s status?”

“Be our guest.”

Since Reynes was still a baby, it would be impossible to make his hand touch it, so Shina used another method. The other method is to link the blue aura emitted around the crystal ball with his body to measure his aptitude.

Again, it glows similar to Klendiana. But, taking a closer look, Reynes has a strong aptitude in every aspect. If people see his talent, he can be an all-rounder and can be anything he wants.

“It seems your son can be anything he wants in his life. Though, I find that he also has the same case as Klendiana, where I cannot read her maximum potential. Though this means you have to be on alert, especially with someone that has “Appraisal” ability to appraise someone’s status.”

“I understand.”

“If both of your children receive blessings from the Gods that allows them to conceal their true identity. It’s best to do it at once to avoid being targeted by countries that want a high-value person to be on their service. It would be better if it comes from Goddess Yggdrasil.”

“I will take your words, Madam Prophet. I shall begin my preparations to train my children right away.”

Nodding, Shina stood up as she packed her belongings. “I would be here once in a while to monitor your children’s progress. I would also train myself, so one day, I can pass my teachings to them.”

“We’re looking forward to it.”

Shina bows to both Kurt and Yuki as she leaves Lexington Manor, but she has found someone she has been looking for this time. Kurt’s warning made her awareness grow, as the future can change at any time. In preparation for such a fateful day, Shina would travel from one country to another to get as much information as she could by visiting the library and asking for payment for access to the restricted and forbidden area of the library.

0