Starting Point
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"H-Hi.." I mumbled, as I tried to think of a way to avoid fighting the guy. He looked like he could snap me in two with just a pinch. Obviously I tried to at least talk it out with him. Who knows? Maybe he's a real nice guy, if you get to know him.

"Hmph! Too late now!" He exclaimed as he rushed towards me, it wasn't long before his gigantic fist closed in on my face. I couldn't react on time, my impending doom was right in front of me. Then it happened, as if someone else seized control of my body, my head nudged to the side. The oncoming attack barely grazed my cheek.

I tried to scream, but no sound came out of my mouth. I couldn't move my body. My senses on the other hand still worked, I could clearly smell the rotting smell of garbage from one of the bins. It wasn't like my body had shut down, more like someone else was in my head, controlling my body.

I could  clearly feel my legs tense up whenever my body dodged, every breath that I took felt more vivid, I tried my hardest to move it but I couldn't. I wasn't able to do anything but sit still and hope for the best.

Though I was pretty sure it was me, it didn't move like me, the movements were like that of an amateur, no even worse, like a coward.

My body kept running around the alley trying it's best not to get hit by Mr. Bear. He looked more and more frustrated as his attacks missed. "Come back here!" He shouted as he picked up a nearby trash can and threw it at me, my body who's back was currently facing the big guy, rolled to the left narrowly avoiding the projectile.

Now that I think about it, whoever's controlling my body had a really similar fighting style to me, a style composed of nothing but dodges and parries, though his looks like it's centered entirely around not getting hit. 'It's a good fighting style, if you don't count the fighting aspect' I thought. 

Then as suddenly as it happened, it ended. I finally regained control of my body, I jumped around and wiggled my fingers, ignoring the already tired Mr. Bear in front of me. It seemed like he wasn't too fond of me jumping around and wriggling my fingers while in the middle of the fight.

But before he could do anything, I bolted out of there, no questions asked. The sudden hijacking of my body did a great job at tiring him out, he tried to chase after me only to trip after three steps. 

I kept running, I ran as fast as I could until I reached my house. I didn't look back or anything, doing that would've probably slowed me down, I tried my best to focus on running as fast as I could.

After a whole minute of exerting every bit of energy left in my body, I finally arrived home, safely I guess. I never knew there would be a time, where I felt happy seeing this old dilapidated apartment, but I have to say, it's nice to be back after all that.

I made my way inside, only to see my grandpa asleep on the same red couch that he sat on everyday. It looked like he was waiting for me. 'Well, he did tell me to come home early, guess I missed the person who wanted to meet me.' I made my way up to my room as quietly as I could as to not wake him up. 

I didn't even bother changing my clothes, as soon as I reached my bed I immediately passed out. I didn't move that much, but my body did, so obviously I'd feel tired after all that dodging. I wanted more time to think about what happened, suddenly losing control of one's body isn't a normal occurrence, but I didn't bother. All I could think about was sleeping on my nice fluffy bed.

...

"So, How was it?" Marcus nervously asked. In front of him was his long time friend, John Smith. They were sitting in John's office, in front of them was a bright blue holographic screen. On it played a video of a young man seemingly fighting against another man who was twice his size.

Marcus couldn't help but feel embarrassed, the grandson he had trained personally, moving like a coward against a mere civilian. He wasn't gifted like John, but he was confident in his hand to hand combat skills. That was one of the reasons why he started his own gym in the first place. To think that his #1 student, his own grandson, couldn't even take down one person was disappointing, much less embarrassing.

He was trying to prove his grandson's worthiness in order to guarantee his safety, but the chances of that happening looked grim now. "It's weird" John finally spoke, he picked up his cup of tea before pointing out how awkward Ray's movement was.

"You sure you taught him personally?" He asked as he looked at Marcus, as he continued on nitpicking every little mistake Ray made. John trusted Marcus a lot, he knew his friend wouldn't lie about little things like this. "What about his gift? Surely he has a good grasp of his gift already." John asked. "About that.." Marcus then proceeded to tell John about everything.

"You prohibited him from using his gift?!" John exclaimed, slamming his teacup into the table. This was a serious matter. Most teens who awaken a gift at an earlier age than others, should immediately be taught how to properly handle their newly found powers. 

The reason for this is because a person ether's sensitivity is at its highest in this specific age range, leading to significantly stronger gifts. 

"They were watching us John. I couldn't risk anything, if they saw what the child was capable of I wouldn't be here right now." Marcus replied in a stern tone as he took a sip of his tea. "Plus, he's one of 'them' , I couldn't risk him destroying our whole apartment." He added as he avoided John's gaze. 

"So do you know what kind of gift it is yet?" John looked nervously at Marcus, who seemed to be ignoring his question. Marcus kept on sipping on his tea acting as if he didn't hear anything. "You don't." John muttered as he let out an overdue sigh. 

'The kid's a walking time bomb.' John thought. He awakened at the age of 10 and is one of 'them', if his combat skills were a little better than he would be a great mercenary. He simply didn't know if he wanted Ray in his academy or not.

He kept on thinking about it in silence, occasionally taking a sip out of his new teacup. He then stood up. He looked hesitant at first, but he was sure of his answer nonetheless. Looking towards Marcus he held out his hand.

"Marcus, I, John Smith, will be, Ray Ive's backer for his admission to Neo Academy." He said with a tinge of hesitation. 

0