Class Z
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Class Z?!" Marcus exclaimed as he once again slammed his fist into John's desk. "You better stop doing that, it's expensive" John replied. 

 

Class Z, the most famous group of students in Neo Academy. It's where heirs of big corporations gather. Those who were born with natural talent as a part of their bloodline. You could even say they're only second to no one but the headmaster.

 

"You're planning on sending him there?! Are you trying to get him killed!?" Marcus knew the weight of being one of the students in Class Z. It's where the next generation of the world's greatest powers gathered, putting a nobody like Ray in there is basically asking for attention, and that's not what Marcus wants--

 

"If this is what you're planning on making my grandson do then don't bother." 

 

Marcus added as he tossed the deed to the estate at John. He tried to leave out the door, only to be blocked by the same two women that escorted him earlier--

 

"I apologize Sir Marcus, but we cannot let you leave"

 

Marcus looked at the two before glaring back at John. 'If this is what he wanted, then I'll give it to him' He thought, but before he could wreck havoc John called out to him--

 

"It's not that." He insisted. The furious Marcus calmed himself down and went back to his seat, he knew he should give his friend a chance, he's the one helping him in the first place, he knew he shouldn't act rash.

 

John then sat down in front of Marcus. "Think about it. Ray could make connections like no other there." He said in a serious tone. "He could get acquainted with future leaders, that should be enough protection from the council. They may be strong but they have nothing against the big guys." He added.

 

John continued to explain the pros of Ray being in Class Z. There were obvious flaws in his plans but the benefits outweighed them tenfold. 

 

"He's not that strong John. He'll get himself killed out there." Marcus retorted back. Accidental deaths weren't uncommon in Neo Academy. Being the biggest school in the world only made them prone to foreign attacks, especially for those who stand out, and Class Z is a good example of that.

 

"Well his combat isn't especially remarkable, but he's still one of them." John replied. Marcus couldn't help but agree, he himself didn't know Ray's limits. 

 

"Alright. Put him in Class Z." He said as he stood up. Marcus knew it was a risky move, but if it meant he could guarantee Ray's safety in the future then he has no choice but to comply.

 

"You got yourself a deal then." John replied with a smile.

 

...

 

"So umm, Was that the real John Smith?" I asked Aaron who was sitting in front of me. He didn't seem to remember me from last time, still, I wanted to bash his face in at this moment.

 

Bearer of good news or not, I couldn't forget the reason I had to go through two days of excruciating pain.

 

"It was. Honestly I don't know what Mr. Smith saw in you." He replied sarcastically.

"You don't look that special, I don't know why he'd go out of his way to become your backer." He added as if he wanted to piss me off.

 

"Well he probably has his reasons, to be honest I don't know what he saw in me too." I replied. I had no idea what was happening at the moment, so that was a given.

 

I kept on asking the usual questions, like 'What's Neo like?' or 'Does Neo treat new students well?' to which he always responded with a half ass snarky remark, which only made me want to slam his face into the table more.

 

Before I could exact my revenge, he suddenly picked up his briefcase and left. I tried calling up to him, but he only ignored me and made his way out. I wanted to stop him, but he was really fast, too fast to be exact. He made his way out in a matter of seconds.

 

Exhausted by the sudden flow of events, I lied down on the couch. 'This week couldn't get any better' I thought. 

 

First, I find out someone's trying to take over my body. Now I'm suddenly admitted into Neo Academy. I hated it.

 

All of this only made my brain hurt even more. I've been getting a lot of headaches lately, maybe it's because of the heat.

 

'Or maybe it's because I've been constantly getting chucked into random situations these past few days' I thought.

 

Suddenly out of nowhere, my phone started to ring. I grabbed my tiny little flip phone and opened it up, only to be greeted by a call from none other than Rein.

 

'Why is he calling?' I thought as I pressed the big circular button to answer the call--

 

"Yo, it's been a while" I said. "What have you been up to?" It took a while before I heard an answer, but he finally talked after a few seconds. "I'm alright. Hey Ray, Do you have any plans later?" He asked. I didn't have anything particularly important--

 

"No, not really." I replied. Before he could answer, I heard some ruffling noises from the other side and what seemed to be the voice of a little kid. "Is that Ray?!" the voice said.

 

"Hello Rein?" I called out to him, trying to make sure if everything was okay. "Ah it's alright. It's Ella, she wants to talk to you." He replied.

 

Before I could answer a loud voice rang through my ears--

 

"Raaaaay!!!!" 

 

Ella screamed as loud as she could when Rein gave her the phone. I could even hear Rein scolding her in the background. I lowered the volume of the call as to not get any more surprise attacks.

 

"Ella! Sorry I couldn't make it to your birthday." I replied in an apologetic tone. I could hear her sulking from behind the phone as she replied--

 

"Hmph! It's okay! Rein says you'll come with us today! Right Rein?!" She exclaimed as she asked her brother for confirmation. "Ella, I haven't even asked Ra-" I could hear Rein talking in the background, and before he could tell Ella about it, I replied back--

 

"It's okay Rein! I'll come with you guys!"

 

Looks like he heard me, because I could hear him replying in the background. 'Does Ella still have the phone on her?' I thought.

 

"We'll be going shopping, Ella begged me to call you up." He said. "Right! Shopping!" Ella added. I haven't been out of the house these past few days, and this seemed like a good reason to go outside. I don't know if I liked being in a crowded mall though, but I'll go if Ella wanted me to.

 

"Alright, I'll be going" I replied. I could hear more shuffling noises as Ella's voice gradually got softer, and Rein's became more prominent. 'Looks like she finally gave it back' I thought. I could still hear her celebrating in the background though.

 

"Uhh, sorry about that" Rein replied. He then told me what time we would meet up. "Let's meet in front of that big fish statue" he added before hanging up. 

 

Looks like I'll finally have some free time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0