Dream
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes only to be met with nothing but black. Everywhere I looked was nothing but an endless void of pitch black. 'Where am I?' I wondered. Once I finally got a gist of everything, I began to walk around the void.

I continued on walking with no regard for time. It was weird, but it felt like I wasn't getting tired. Frustrated by my helplessness, I started running. I ran as far as I could for as long as I can, but to no avail.

Pitch black darkness, that was everything. It felt like I wasn't even moving from where I started. I looked around trying to find anything. "Hello! Anyone there!?" I screamed my lungs out. I didn't know what to do, to be frank I was quite scared.

Suddenly, as if waiting for me to call for it, something appeared. I could barely make it out from this distance, but I was sure it was a human. Before I could even call out to it, the thing suddenly started running towards me. The closer I got the more I assured myself that it was indeed a person.

Finally, he was now standing in front of me. The person who I assumed to be male had shoulder length black hair, his green eyes contrasted the black void behind him. The man looked to be in his early 30s, though he wasn't that much taller than me I was sure he was older, and his little stubby beard only made me more sure.

I tried speaking to the man, but my voice didn't seem to want to come out. Everytime I tried to call out to him my throat only became tighter making it harder to breathe. The man looked at me with pitiful eyes. He lifted his right hand as he then placed his index finger right on my forehead.

I looked at him, as he pressed his finger down on my forehead, but before I could do anything I felt something hard struck me in the same place where the man placed his finger on.

"Uhk!" I groaned as I immediately placed my hand on my forehead to soothe the pain. I slowly opened my eyes only to be greeted by a bright light coming from the ceiling. I looked beside me, only to see Rein sitting on a chair with his head drooped down. Confused, I tried waking him up, only to be met by a familiar voice coming from behind me--

"He's asleep. Don't wake him up" 

My whole body flinched as I slowly turned around. Gramps looked at me sternly, his stare alone could probably kill a beast. He stared me down, probably expecting me to tell him what happened, but my mind was still hazy due to just waking up, that I didn't quite make the connection yet.

"W-What?" I asked as I looked at the old man with a confused look on my face. This only made him a lot more angrier, as I spotted a visible bulge on his forehead. "What? Was that hit to the forehead not enough for you? Want to experience a full body beat down?" He asked with a smile as he cracked his knuckles. Only then did my head finally clear up.

I calmed him down before explaining everything that happened, I obviously didn't tell him about the weird dream, that's a little too personal. He looked at me before nodding. "That's it? I'll be going home." He said as he walked out the room.

A few minutes after gramps walked out, a male nurse walked inside the room. In his hand was the black cloth that the I picked up. He then looked at me before placing it down on the nearby desk. He looked a little roughed up and sweaty, which made me feel a little uneasy.

"Umm, are you okay?" I asked, to which the man nodded in reply. "It's alright. Just earlier some old man came running in demanding to see his grandson, he looked really scary." He said as he grabbed a small handkerchief from his pocket and began to wipe off the sweat from his forehead.  "It was a good thing he didn't talk to me, I would've been toast." I could hear him mutter under his breath.

'Scary old man huh?' I thought to myself. I only knew one scary old man. Looks like he was a tad bit worried, thinking about that made me feel a little bit more at ease.

"A guy from front desk told me this was yours, he said you dropped it when you passed out." The nurse said as he pointed at the black cloth on the desk. "He looked a little scary too" he muttered.

I then picked it up and started to inspect the thing. I didn't want to unwrap it as I didn't really want to get in trouble to whoever actually owned it. As I looked around the thing, I could see the nurse glancing at me from the corner of his eye, it was as if he thought something was weird. He must've saw me looking back at him as he immediately put both his hands up and apologized--

"I-I'm sorry! It's just t-that the man told me it was a b-bag, I j-just thought it was weird that he called t-that a bag, I-It's not like I'm making fun of your fas-" the man mumbled as he repeatedly bowed and waved his hands as if he was genuinely sorry.

"It's okay." I replied with a smile. "It is a little weird" I added as I thought about it. It didn't look anything like a bag, but for some reason the people at the mall were sure it was, even returning it to me. I thought I was the crazy one, but it looks like that's not the case. I looked at the nurse who was still mumbling, he must've felt embarrassed, because he was slowly scooting off towards the door. Once he was a few steps away, he bolted out of the room.

I then turned to look at Rein, who surprisingly slept through the nurse's rap. I remembered why I was so keen to go to the mall with them now. Hanging out with Ella was a big part of it, but the reason I wanted to come was to ask Rein something.

Something about the body hijacking thing. The more I thought about it, the more it felt similar to what Rein told me he was experiencing when berserk. I wanted to know if it had anything to do with that.

Looking at him, I decided to reschedule my question. He's been through a lot today, I should probably let him sleep.

0