Orientation
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I really don't want to be here' I thought as I looked in front of me. We were currently getting questioned in the hospital, because apparently someone decided to call the cops as soon as they saw the bright light. It was common sense. I would've called the cops too, it's just not so endearing when you're on the other side of the call. 

Me and Rein had to go through two hours of police interrogation, as if what happened at the mall wasn't bad enough already. To make it worse, the cop who questioned us, reeked of alcohol, It was practically torture to be stuck in a closed room with him.

They asked us the usual questions, the 'Whats' and the 'Hows'. I answered most of them since Rein still looked a little shaken up by the whole thing. 'Guess being swarmed by twenty people at once sucks huh..' I thought as I glanced at the absentminded Rein, not even bothering to spare the officer a glance.

Luckily, the guy didn't really care. He just let us off with a warning since there weren't any casualties, though it was more like he just wanted to go back to drinking as soon as possible. I bid my farewell to the police as I escorted Rein out of the alcohol hell hole.

I didn't really have any idea what happened to that 'bag'. Apparently according to Rein, he bumped into it and the thing inside split into two as a wave of bright blue light came gushing out of it. I don't know what happened, nor did I have any idea on what that thing was, Rein said it resembled something like a crystal ball, which was kinda obvious because of the circular shape I felt when I picked it up by the cloth.

Well none of that really mattered now that it magically disappeared. Who knows? Maybe it'll reappear later. Now that I think about it, I never got the chance to properly check out of the hospital.

'Too late now.' I thought as I continued to walk with Rein. We continued our stroll for quite a while, but it was getting quite late. Rein decided that he would go home, he didn't want to keep Ella waiting after all.

I watched as Rein got on the train back to their town. It was quite far from here so he needed to take the train if he ever wanted to visit. 'I'm such a dumbass..' I thought as I watched the train speed off into the distance.

I had finally gotten time with Rein, but I forgot to ask him any of the important questions I had in mind. It was very unlike me to forget things, usually I could remember things people ate three days after they ate it, but today just felt like an off day.

"Guess I'll have to look into it myself.." I muttered to myself as I walked home dejectedly. 

It was late at night, but the streets were still rowdy. Colorful flashing lights all across the city lit up everyone's mood no matter the time. I could even see children running around. 

The walk back home was filled with all sorts of things, the loud honking of cars and the loud music coming from different digital billboards was enough to make my ears ring. I also bumped into quite a few people, most of them were drunk business men walking home from work. You could occasionally spot a mercenary on a late night patrol, carrying their big battle axes and swords as they walked along everyone, which only made them stick out like a sore thumb.

I would occasionally stop by various food stalls, just to get something in. 'They're not bad..' I thought to myself as I snacked on a thick corn dog.

The farther I went the quieter everything became, the bright lights that were blinding my eyes, looked like blinking stars. It was particularly quiet in this part of the neighborhood. It didn't have a lot of people nor was it that loud. It was quite nice.

I finally made it back home. I wanted to jump back on my hard bed as soon as possible. I made my way towards the gate, only to see mail in our mailbox. "That's weird" I muttered to myself. We didn't usually get mail. 

I quickly opened the mail, and unfolded the piece of paper inside. As soon as I saw the first page I immediately knew what it was. The all familiar capital N was on it after all. 

I skimmed the normal introduction part at the very top of the letter and made my way right to the very middle. The words--

'School Orientation' were written in bold. Followed by the exact date and time of the supposed orientation. It was due a week from now. The letter also said something about how this is for students to be able to adjust properly into Neo, but I didn't really pay attention to that.

I read the words 'School Orientation' in my head over and over again. 'A week..' I thought to myself. I graduated not too long ago mind you, and I haven't even had a proper summer break yet because of all these weird things that's been happening. 

"Guess it won't be this week either.." I muttered to myself as I inwardly bid goodbye to my precious summer break.

I made my way inside the house while tightly gripping the letter in my hand. Gramps was already fast asleep on the couch when I went in. 'Looks like he didn't check the mail' I thought to myself as I quietly but hastily went up to bed.

I put the letter down on my desk and made sure to read it word for word. It still didn't hit me that I'd be going to Neo in four months, but this, this is enough proof to get me going.

After reading the letter for the fifth time I hid it in my desk drawer, and changed into more comfortable clothes. I laid down on my bed, which felt a lot shittier than the hospital bed. 'I'd still rather sleep here' I thought as I slowly drifted out of consciousness with only a single thought lingering through my mind. That being the upcoming school orientation.

0