Chapter 1. Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch and Nine Provinces (1) Group
279 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20th May 2019, Monday.

 

At the end of spring and summer’s arrival.

 

Some dark apartment room in Jiangnan.

 

1.30PM in the afternoon was exactly the time that Huang Ziqi had made an appointment with her friend to play online games. They had planned to chat through discord. Her friend hadn’t arrived on call yet. Huang Ziqi was currently waiting on discord’s friend list for her friend to get online.

 

Huang Ziqi was very expectant, as she had put a lot of work and research to get discord on both her and her friends computers. She even had to pay for her friend to get a VPN.

 

‘Di di di~’ Suddenly, at the top right of the computer screen, the chat application’s icon jumped.

 

“Who could it be?” Huang Ziqi murmured. The cursor moved to the application and clicked, prompting the notification to appear.

 

[Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch(******) has requested to add you as a friend.] Additional Information: None.

 

“Who was this” Huang Ziqi wondered silently. All of her friends she knew were already added, there wasn’t anyone unaccounted for.

 

“Hmm… well, it’s an opportunity!” She said, and clicked ‘Accept’. She didn’t have many friends, and would love the chance to get to know more people.

 

Immediately, what followed was another system notification popping up.

 

[Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch has invited you to join the chat group ‘Nine Provinces (1) Group’, Do You Accept?]

 

Fantastic!

 

Huang Ziqi immediately clicked ‘Accept’.

 

‘Another Fisher of Yellow River’ has accepted to join ‘Nine Provinces (1) Group’.

 

[You have agreed to join the group. Please make an introduction of yourself to the other members!] There was even a smiley sent by the system.

 

In recent years, these chatting softwares had been becoming more and more human-like.

 

Just after the chain of notifications popped up, the status for her friend in discord changed from offline to online. She immediately closed the notification and the group chat’s window, and called her friend. 

 

Anyways, her group chat settings had always been ‘Do not notify new posts, only show numbers unread’, messages by the group wouldn’t pop-up and disturb him, it would only show the total number of new messages in the background.

 

She could always just read them later, playing games with her friend is more important.

 

**********

 

In Nine Provinces (1) Group, lurkers emerged as soon as they noticed the new member’s entry.

 

North River’s Loose Practitioner: “Has the new member that Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch invited come in yet? It has already been a year since a new member joined right?”

 

At approximately the same time, a new message came from the ID Mad Saber Three Waves, “What is the new fellow daoist’s gender? Are you a fairy or no? If you are, give the size of your bust, waist, and buttocks, and post a photo!”

 

Seeing the new messages by Mad Saber Three Waves, quite a number of other members’ mouths twitched.

 

“Brother Three Waves, is your zodiac indeed a goldfish?” North River’s Loose Practitioner sighed, “You better not invite death by recklessness again. What if Mt. Yellow’s True Monarch once again invited some big time senior in?”

 

Everything was good about Three Waves, he’s friendly, loyal, and loves helping others, so his relationship with others was pretty good. The only problem is he liked to speak pervertedly, in a way that invites death.

 

It turns out that this fella’s luck was so low that it gives people goosebumps, he always couldn’t help but invite death from recklessness, and the ones he offended were always big time seniors. Since those big time seniors were usually bored without any source of entertainment, they were naturally very happy to torture Mad Saber Three Waves who personified entertainment delivered to their front doors..

 

“I kneel and beg you not to mention the words “big time seniors”, they are a dark shadow in this majesty’s heart.” Mad Saber Three Waves sent a line of “crying face” emojis.

 

Four years ago this crappy mouth of his offended a beautiful ‘big time senior’, and was miserably tortured…… That big time senior continuously tortured him for an entire year and four months. You didn’t hear wrongly, a whole year and four months! When he thought of that tumultuous and inhuman times, his eyes turned moist.

 

Immediately after Three Waves spoke, emojis of naughty smiles popped up one after another in the group, they were not even trying to conceal how much they were enjoying his misery.

 

The group channel showed that among the last eight people who sent messages, 6 of them neatly sent a string of smiling emojis.

 

“You bunch of people who take joy in others’ calamity, this majesty will remember each and every one of you. Do not let this majesty meet you, otherwise this majesty will definitely let you people taste the strength of my 72 Paths of Rapid Saber!” Mad Saber Three Waves angrily said. He was very confident in his Rapid Saber. Among the 6 people who were leaving naughty smiles, none of them were a match for him in a one on one.

 

Mad Saber Three Waves was glad that Su Clan’s Ah Qi wasn’t online, otherwise, he’d have nothing to say.

 

The 6 people: “…”

 

They couldn’t beat Mad Saber, so they just chose to remain silent.

 

The chat remained silent for some time. The newly added member was for the time being put off to the side.

5