Chapter 5. A Video Call with a Chuunibyou
130 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...”

Would they be alright? They had just taken some unknown medicine.

 

…she could only wish them well. Hopes and prayers.

 

As she read through the chat, an incoming video call came from a person with the nickname ‘The Broker at the Street’s Corner’.

A very suspicious nickname.

Huang Ziqi accepted.

 

The video call started. On the other side of the call was a short girl with black hair and golden eyes. She laid back over one of the armrest on the chair, one of her legs on the desk, the other sprawled over the other armrest.

 

Huang Ziqi looked at the girl across the screen. The girl also looked at her.

 

“Hey Ziqi” Huang Ziyan began

 

“Ziyan, hi.” Huang Ziqi replied.

 

A moment of silence ensued.

 

“...Hi, Ziqi, are you healthy? It’s so dark over there.”

 

“Yeah, I’m doing fine.”

 

“You should open the blinds.”

 

Ziqi stared at Ziyan. Then she got up, and walked over to the blinds and sharply pulled down. The blinds flew up, allowing a rush of sunlight to hit Ziqi in the face, blinding her momentarily. She then walked back to the  desk by memory, and sat down.

 

“That’s better, you look much better now.” Ziyan reviewed.

 

“...hey, cous.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“There’s something I want to ask and talk about.”

 

“Woah. Now that’s rare, go ahead.”

 

“So, I’ve been accidentally added to this group.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“And like, the entire group is filled with delusional chuunibyous.”

 

“Oh… so, what do they talk about?”

 

“XianXia stuff.”

 

“...the whole group?”

 

“Uh-huh. Yep.”

 

“Hey umm… could you make a snap shot and send it over?”

 

“‘Kay, why? You need it?”

 

“Just need to look at it.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Huang Ziqi dragged the chat window over, and quickly took a snap shot on Medicine Master’s pill recipe message, and sent it through to Ziyan. She then minimalized the chat window.

 

Ziyan on the other side was silent. She looked over the image a couple of times.

 

Then Huang Ziyan said, “Hey Ziqi?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Could you, keep me up with things in that chat?”

 

“...What?”

 

“Yeah, like, tell me things happening in that chat.”

 

“Actual?”

 

“Yes”

 

Huang Ziqi: “...”

 

Huang Ziyan: “...?”

 

Huang Ziqi: “...hahaha”

 

Huang Ziyan: “hahaha…?”

 

Huang Ziqi: “Hahaha”

 

Huang Ziyan: “What”

 

“...” Huang Ziqi said “You’re a chuunibyou.”

 

“Well. I… uh… NO!” Huang Ziyan stammered

 

“You have eighth-grader syndrome.”

 

“Nah nah nah.”

 

“I thought, you weren’t”

 

“Why are you interested in that chat?”

 

“...uh…”

 

“Well, sure. Though, never thought my cousin was a chuunibyou”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Never thought you would be a chuunibyou. Really.”

 

“I’m not.”

“...” The two chat for a short while, with Ziyan asking about how Ziqi’s been living, and chiding her about the atrocious living conditions she has made for herself.

 

“Haha. I will keep you updated.”

 

“Thanks a bunch.”

 

“Bye.”

 

“Bye. Not a chuunibyou.”

 

The video call ended. Normally, it would have ended much sooner, since Huang Ziyan was always busied with other things, and wasn’t ever online, and normally calls couldn’t go through to her, and when she does make a call, it’s always short and quick.

 

Huang Ziqi chuckled softly, amused. “Never thought she would be a chuunibyou, really.” she whispered.

 

She then checked the time. 2PM.

 

Huang Ziqi then opened the chat window back up, to see if there were any new updates. A few new messages, nothing really interesting though.

 

Huang Ziqi turned off her computer, and quickly went to bed. She hadn’t need to turn off any lights, as only the glowing monitor could be counted as one. 

5