Chapter 6: A Long Night and A Longer Morning
2k 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanner had spent the day playing video games and watching TV. He figured he might as well enjoy home while he had it. He’d tried calling his dad, but had only gotten voicemail. At least the man would know. Then he’d just been waiting for dinner and Janel to show up.

 

He’d ordered some seafood from the fancy Chinese place downtown. Not the cheap americanized one with the killer General Tso’s but the one with real authentic chinese food, well… Maybe semi-authentic. He doubted there was too much ‘real’ Chinese food in South Wisconsin. 

 

Janel was supposed to show up at 7:00 so he’d told the Chinese place 6:30, factor in some delivery time and it should be just about right. At least he hoped so. He was nervous for some reason he couldn’t really figure out. It was odd waiting for a woman to come over and have sex with him but more than that he hoped she’d like the food. He’d even gone to a liquor store and picked up some wine. 

 

That had been an awkward conversation. He’d had no idea what kind he should buy and the woman at the counter had been more than a little annoyed with his questions. Finally he’d given her his sob story about how he was being drafted tomorrow and his girl was coming over for one last night together and she’d softened, as well as giving him 2 or 3 options, depending on the food.

 

He’d bought two of them. It was his dad’s money and neither had been super-expensive. The next two hours seemed to crawl by as he paced nervously in circles around the house. He couldn’t even focus enough to play games and he nearly collapsed with relief when there was a knock on the door.

 

He had to keep himself from jerking it open at once. Instead he took a deep breath and calmed himself before pulling it open. Janel was standing there again and they both smiled at each other nervously for a moment before she stepped in out of the cold.

 

Tanner helped her out of her coat and hung it up on a hook next to the door and she peeled off her hat and gloves. 

 

“Do you live here alone?” She asked once she’d finished. She was wearing another tight turtleneck sweater and he greatly appreciated her taste in clothes.

 

“This is my dad’s place, but he headed to the front. Hell, I’m supposed to head to the front tomorrow.” He said, his voice coming out more frightened than he’d meant it to. Janel paused and put a soft hand on his cheek.

 

“What happened?” She asked as they stood there like that. Tanner was happy just to soak up the warmth of her presence so he told her about being pulled out of class and the draft. 

 

“My God….”

 

There was another knock on the door and it broke the moment. Tanner pulled the door open, signed the receipt and added on a fat tip.

 

“You bought dinner.” Janel said, smiling at him.

 

“Yeah, it’s from Shou-wa…. I can’t pronounce it. That fancy place downtown. I even bought some wine.” He said, his words were coming out too fast but he didn’t try to reign them in. “I mean, I don’t know what this is. Whether this is a date, or a booty-call, or something else. I just thought….. I don’t know what I thought.” He said as he led her to the kitchen and placed the take-out down on the table. “I just felt there should be some….” His hands waved around as he tried to find a word. “Some conversation… Some intimacy you know?” He said, stopping his hands and looking up into her green eyes.

 

She smiled and sat down at the table before reaching a hand across to him. He took it and she started to speak.

 

“Thank you. This has been very strange for me too. When Sandra first told me I was horrified but she told me how it might help my training. I hadn’t been with anyone for more than five years. There was always something at work, or problems with my parents, or a thousand other little things.”

 

“I know I could have gone out and gotten laid. I mean, I know men like my breasts, even if I don’t. So i coulda just gone out to a bar any night and had sex but that never seemed like something I really wanted. Then Sandra talked so much about how nice, and sweet, and confused you were and I thought I’d give it a shot. I almost died of embarrassment when I first got here and saw how young you were but you were so sweet with me.”

 

“Then there was the sex and it felt amazing. You never know how much you’ve missed simple physical affection until you’ve had it again. So… to answer your question. I don’t know what this is either but I like it so let's have dinner and then you can take me to bed.” She said with a smile that melted Tanner’s heart.

 

Dinner was amazing. The two chatted about Janel’s job, what school was like for him, both their families, and 100 other small but important conversations. He finally found out what system she had. Apparently she had a [Valkyrie] system. Which honestly didn’t seem to fit her at all. It quickly became evident that for all her shyness. Janel liked to talk. Tanner was happy to let her and after her third glass of wine she became a lot more animated. She was starting on her fourth when Tanner stopped her by standing up from the table and pulling her into his arms.

 

That seemed to flip her switch and she all but attacked him. It was all he could do to guide her into his bedroom and not against a wall or on the floor.

 

“Kiss me.” she moaned as he finally steered her inside his room. They’d been kissing the whole time they’d been moving but apparently she wanted more. He slammed his lips over hers again and she mewled into his mouth and their tongues dueled. He felt her pulling at the button of his pants and he quickly returned the favor. It didn’t seem like she was going to need nearly as much coaxing this time around. Soon they were both naked and she pulled him down on top of her.

 

Tanner had been horny all day but he remembered the rather pointed critique he’d gotten after their last session. There was no way he was going to get another C. As much as he wanted to dive between her legs he held himself back and worked her whole body, trying to find what she wanted.

 

It quickly became clear that her breasts weren’t very sensitive and didn’t do much for her. That was an incredible shame in Tanner’s option but he had read somewhere that large breasts were normally less sensitive. It also might be something mental though, for a woman with boobs like hers, her chest must have drawn attention her whole life. That was the kind of thing that could give you a complex.

 

What he did find was that her stomach was really sensitive. She seemed embarrassed because of her belly but that embarrassment only seemed to heighten the whole experience for her. Soon she was a moaning puddle on his bed and that was when he entered her. She must have been way more turned on than he thought because she came as soon as he thrust into her.

 

“Did you get bigger.” She gasped as her eyes opened wide.

 

“Sure did… Only 500 system points.” He smiled as he pulled out slowly, then pushed back with equal slowness. They had all night and he wasn’t going to rush like last time. Hell if he had this way they’d have two or three turns. 

 

“Gods…. That’s nice.” She grunted as he continued his slow movement. 

 

“You’re just out of practice. For 1000, I could get even bigger.” He said as he grinned down at her. 

 

“Not sure… I could take you.”

 

“Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing.” He said as he used one hand to start playing with her clit. She gasped and swiveled her hips in a way that had him gritting his teeth to hold himself back. He tried to keep his thrusts steady but when her second climax hit he lost himself and started rutting her like an animal. He came almost at once but he rallied and he wasn’t letting her off the hook yet. He flipped her over to enter her from behind.

 

She seemed to like him taking charge and met each thrust of his with a pleased grunt. The sight of her big ass slamming back into his hips had him at the edge again far too soon, but a few kisses on her shoulder and a reach-around for her clit had her cumming a third time as well. After that they collapsed together in a sweaty heap and Tanner didn’t even remember falling asleep.

 

 He woke up sometime in the early morning to an incredible feeling. He opened his eyes to see Janel mounted on him and pleasuring herself. Her head was thrown back and her eyes were closed as she slowly rode him up and down. One hand braced on his stomach for leverage and the other was doing circles on her clit.

 

She was magnificent. The so serious expression on her face while she did something so erotic was a sight he hoped he didn’t forget.He thought about helping, but she seemed to be so in the moment he didn’t have the heart to interrupt. So he just let her use him as he smiled up at her.

 

Finally she shuddered before toppling off him and onto the bed. When her eyes met his, her entire body went red from her breasts all the way up to her hairline. Tanner laughed and pulled her to him.

 

“What time is it?” He asked as he looked around for his alarm clock. It read 3:58 and he groaned. “I fell asleep on you. I thought that was a cliche.” 

 

She laughed and her voice was warm. “Don’t feel bad. You were amazing, sleeping next to you was nice. I woke up and was going to look for the bathroom but you distracted me.” She said with a lascivious wink.

 

“Third door on the left.” He told her and stretched. He had that same humming feeling of purpose again and he wasn’t sure he could have gone back to bed even if he wanted to. Janel leaned forward and kissed him before getting up and heading out the door. Tanner took the time to bring up his notifications.

Congratulations! You’ve Earned System Points

Encounter Rating B-

An Excellent showering overall. You followed your partner's cues and took your time, but you fell asleep right afterwards when she wanted to cuddle. That’s a big minus.

Sp Earned: 490

350(B- Base)X1.4(Level 4 System)

Congratulations! You’ve Earned System Points

Encounter Rating B

Sometimes less is more. Knowing when not to act is often more important than knowing when to act.

Sp Earned: 700

500(B Base)X1.4(Level 4  system)

 

Tanner checked his sheet and looked at his available SP’s. He grimaced. He REALLY wanted to get his system to at least level 2, but he knew how important a good encounter was for his score. A ‘B’ rating was worth twice what a C+ was. If he’d have scraped a B the first time he was with Janel he’d have earned enough points to level up twice, or buy all his abilities at once.

 

If he was being shipped of to the front any sex he had would be with strangers. Being able to read them better the first time could be worth a lot of points, as well as get him some repeat customers. He waffled for another moment but he was in Sage-Mode and he didn’t dilly-dally long. He bought Sexual Empathy for 1000 points and his SP’s dropped to 865 points and brought up the system description.

Sexual Empathy: 1   SP cost: 2000

This skill is used to tap into the wants and needs of your partner's body. At level 1 the user will get a clear indication of what they enjoy and don’t enjoy, as well as an idea of what type of intensity they are looking for in a particular sexual encounter.

 

Tanner sighed when he read the description. That was… Not as useful as he was hoping. The first level seemed to be pretty weak but he had no doubt the higher levels of the skill would likely be his most useful ability. Still, it was better than nothing and it would only take one more encounter to finally hit level 2.

Janel came out of the bathroom about ten minutes later with her face flushed and her hair wet. Tanner really wanted to drag her back to bed, and was even considering using his Lust Aura to try and seduce her but he did still have to pack and He didn’t want to leave everything until the last minute. Instead he gave her his best soulful kiss and hoped she didn’t mind his morning breath too much.

 

“Thank you again for everything.” She said as he pulled away from her. “Dinner was great and the sex was even better than last time.” She pulled him in for a long hug before whispering in his ear. “Stay safe.”

 

“You’re leaving?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, I need to go let Lola out before she scratches through the door. I just hope she didn’t bark all night while I was gone.” She said with a grimace.

 

“Alright… I’m not sure how long I’ll be gone.. Or if I’ll even be back. I”ll call you when I’m back in town though.” He said with a sad smile. She hugged him again harder and he felt her shoulders shake in a silent sob before she turned away and left him. 

 

Tanner went to take a shower and got ready to pack.

 

************************************************

 

The cold November air seared Tanner’s lungs as he walked towards the school. He’d be there in plenty of time and he took a moment to look over his sleepy little town. This early on a Saturday in late fall and there were few cars on the road. An inch of snow crunched under his tennis-shoes and he huddled down into his coat. He’d have to get used to the weather. There were three ‘Front Line’ areas that threatened the land once part of the US.  One in the north, along the Missouri river from Montana over to North Dakota. One in the North-East along the coast, to defend against the portal in the North-Atlantic, and one in Panama to defend against the Brazil portal.

 

Demons could cross the water but they weren’t very good at it. So humanity had learned to use water against them. Magic had also done a number on some of Earth’s native sea creatures and not even demons wanted to fuck with a mutated great-white or Orca. He doubted he’d be heading South which meant it would be even colder there than it was here. The thought didn’t cheer him.

 

Tanner made it through the school gates fifteen minutes early. A good number of people were already milling around and a massive VTOL shuttle was parked in the school lot. It looked like an up-sized drone someone might have bought at Walmart 30 years ago but Tanner knew it could fly as fast as a chopper and used much less fuel, even with tons or cargo. Magic and Magical Engineering had added some very interesting wrinkles to Earth’s technology. Making aircraft much cheaper and safer had only been one of them.

 

A man sat at a folding table near the massive shuttle and Tanner walked over to him. He was wearing a heavy winter coat over military fatigues but he didn’t really fit the soldier stereotype. He was thin and wearing heavy-glasses.

 

“You one of the draftees?” He asked.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Alright. I need to see your ID.. Then sign on the dotted line. This states that you were drafted and showed up here ready and on time. That’s good because the UEA does not screw around with draft dodgers. It also states that because this is a special draft each week you serve now will count as three weeks against your mandatory 24 months of service once you graduate. So there is a silver lining to all the doom and gloom.” He said cheerfully.

 

Tanner grunted, showed his ID, then signed the paper. He wandered around in the cold for a while as a few more people trickled in. Soon enough 8:00 rolled around and Sergeant Jergen stepped out of the big shuttle.

 

“He took one last look at his watch. Then turned to the soldier with the glasses.”

 

“Is everyone here?” He asked.

 

“All but one sir.”

 

The sergeant shook his head. “They were warned. Let's get moving. We’re supposed to be back on the ground by 10-hundred.” He raised his voice so that it echoed around the school-yard. “FALL IN!”

 

Tanner followed a line of reluctant looking classmates and found a seat near one of the windows. The massive shuttle had rows and rows of seats and only a few were actually used. The engines howled as the four massive rotors started to turn. Then they were swooping up into the air and flying away from the only life Tanner Spaldman had even known.

 

They were still miles out when the sound of distant artillery cut through the constant whine of engines. The sounds got louder and as they kept flying until they passed down through the clouds and Tanner for his first real look at the front lines. Blast craters and charred earth spread as far as the eyes could see. Far below he could see the distant brown-ribbon of the Missouri river but it was the utter devastation of the landscape that captured his attention. Years of back and forth struggle had turned what had once been a beautiful country into a wasteland. It hurt his soul somewhere deep inside to see it.

 

They swooped down towards the river and more shapes resolved themselves into walls and rough fortifications before he finally saw a true military base. The whine of the engines slowed and the pilot did some maneuvering before they sat down on a massive landing pad. The doors opened and everyone piled out. 

 

The air here was just as cold, but it was later in the day and the bright sunshine had warmed things up a bit. The base was full of activity. Numerous aircraft landed and took off all the time. Soldiers marched here and there in formation or ran between the various buildings. All the while the thunder of artillery continued. 

 

As they disembarked Sergeant Jergen waved to everyone and called out. “This way people. Clear the landing pad and we’ll get you all sorted and gear handed out.” They all followed the sergeant down a few wide streets and over to a large prefabricated building. He waved everyone inside and Tanner felt relieved as heated air blasted down on them from some vents in the ceiling.

 

“Alright. We’ll make this as quick and painless as possible. Most support systems fall into 1 of 3 categories. Healers or anyone healing adjacent head over to Lieutenant Wilkins over there.” Three of their group of 12 walked over to an older woman with gray in her short-blonde hair. 

 

“Alright, very good. Now I’m looking for direct buffs. These are people meant to use their skills on the battlefield and during the fighting. You guys head with Lieutenant Rodriguez.” He said, pointing towards a rather imposing man with dark skin and muscles on top of his muscles.

 

“Next are the people who change, alter, or improve physical objects instead of people. Equipment buffs, weapons, fortifications, anything even kinda like that. You guys are with Lieutenant Shultz and the engineers.”

 

More people broke off from the group until Claudia and Tanner were the only ones left. She was a short red-head who usually hung out with Sandra’s group. Tanner had chatted with her a few times but like most of his classmates they weren’t really close.

 

“And lastly the outliers. Don’t worry, we’ll find a place for you. Just tell me what your system is. “He said, pointing at Claudia.” 

 

“I cook.. I make food that gives people long-term buffs.” She said, sounding shy.

 

“Excellent. A solid system. Just come with me after this and I’ll run you down to the mess hall. And what about you?” he said, finally turning to Tanner.

 

“My system… It's complicated.” He said with a bitter smile. Then he infused some mana into his interface. When people brought up their system information it was an illusion only they could see. By pushing mana at it they could create a hologram to show others what the screen said. People who were really good could even change parts of the information so it read false.

 

A large blue screen showed up in the middle of everyone that listed his system info. 

Better Health Though Sex

Name: Tanner Spaldman

Level: 1 Tier: 1

Type: Support

Stats:

Strength: 2

Speed: 3

Vitality: 3

Dexterity: 3

Mind: 2

System Points: 865/1000

Abilities

Sex is Great, Sex is Good, Not Everbody Does It, But Everybody Should: CORE

Sex is a fundemental part of the human condition. Once you're able to get past all your cultural mores, embarrassment, and misinformation. Sex is as natural as eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom. It should not be seen as dirty, vulgar, or shameful in any way. Sex helps to balance a body’s hormones and endorphins, releaves stress, and can even improve a persons physical health.

Your system amplifies this effect.

When you satisfy a partner you will receive system points based on their enjoyment. Once finished you and your partner will receive the following Buffs.

Extended Sage Mode:

You and your partner's mental state will be adjusted and negative thoughts and worries will be purged from your minds. Both of you will be better able to focus and feel driven to accomplish your personal goals.

Duration: 24 hours.

Boosted Performance:

Sex has been proven to have a postitive effect on physical performance (assuming they rest properly afterwards) but your system enhances this effect beyond the natural. You and your partners physical attributes will receive a minor boost to effectiveness and the effects of any training will be slightly increased.

Duration: 24h

This is your Core Ability. It cannot be increased with system points and only improves as your system levels. As it does the effect of your buffs will improve and more buffs will be added.

Immunity to STD’s and STI’s: With this system the user will be having a lot of sex. It is the job of the user to improve the lives of others with sex, not to be a plague spreader. As such the user is granted immunity to all non-magical STD’s and STI’s.

Selective Sterility: With this system the user will be having a lot of sex. It is the job of the user to improve the lives of others with sex, not to knock up 10,000 women. As such the user can toggle off his ability to bear children. Current State: Sterile

Lust Aura: 1   Sp Cost: 2000 

The user produces pheromones that will increase the libedo of all people around the user. The effect amplifies the natural desires of people so the more horny they are the more this will affect them. Prolonged exposure will increase this effect.

This effect can be toggled on and off…. Current: OFF

This ability Costs Mana to maintain: Cost 1MP/Min

Size Does Matter: 1      SP cost: 1000

Increases the size of your penis and testicales by 25%. Increases semen production by 50%. Your orgasams will be longer and more powerful. 

Sexual Empathy: 1   SP cost: 2000

This skill is used to tap into the wants and needs of your partner's body. At level 1 the user will get a clear indication of what they enjoy and don’t enjoy, as well as an idea of what type of intensity they are looking for in a particular sexual encounter.

Ability Store:

Pleasing Visage:  The user’s job is to spread health and joy through sex. It is therefore also your job to be aesthetically pleasing to your partners. This ability will subtly shift the facial and body features of the user to be more pleasing to the eye. Cost 500SP

The Sergeants hard as nails demeanor finally cracked and he looked at Tanner incredulously. “Are you shitting me?”

 

There was a snort of laughter from behind them as Rodriguez laughed and Wilkins the healer let out a very fake-sounding cough. That seemed to anger the Sergeant and he looked at Tanner with derision. “So you’re a whore?”

 

Tanner shot him a glare but answered. “Essentially, but you guys drafted me. It’s not like I chose to come out here and be humiliated.” That didn’t seem to help but the Sergeant grunted before saying.

 

“Fine.. We’ll stick you with the new recruits for now. They're all doing training anyway and you guys could all use some. Head to the Quartermaster’s and he’ll give you your uniforms, supplies, and rune-weapon. Then report to Sergeant Hamilton for training.”

 

“Yes sir.” Tanner replied before turning and walking out of the building.

38