Act 1.1-1 – Mimosa and Karnie
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“…”

“-ke up…”

“Hey…”

“Mimo! Hey, wake up already!”

Whack.

A light knock could be felt upon my head as a familiar voice ring in my ears.

“Seriously, Mimo! We are going to be late at this rate!”

A faint sensation of pulling and tugging could be felt at the edges of my pajamas. Really tired, such words beckoned me slowly back into my dreamland.

“One more minute…”

I replied as I jostled my blanket back onto my cold uncovered self. I remembered doing something really late since last night. My body feels so heavy and my mind feels blurry.

“Not a minute! It is already seven in the morning! Classes start at half past seven, and you haven’t even changed yet!”

The voice answered back with frustration.

“…late?”

“Yes, late!”

“…who?”

“You and me!”

“…”

A moment of silence ensued as I slowly gathered my thoughts.

“SHIT! We are going to be late!”

A rush of adrenaline gathered in my blood as my body burst out of bed. This is bad, today is the first day of second year! School break was already over yesterday! Why on earth did I pull another all-nighter knowing that I had to wake up so early today!? Still, the me of today could only regret upon the mistakes done of the me of yesterday. Time could not rewind.

I hurriedly rushed towards the wardrobe as I looked for my school uniform.

A white collared shirt. Red bowtie. And a green pleated skirt.

“Where? They aren’t here!?”

I screamed out in agony as I started to pull my bangs in frustration. I should have totally prepared everything yesterday! Why are you always so careless, old me!

“What isn’t there?”

A short astute reply came from my side as I turned my head to look. Short shoulder length black hair, red pupils along with a sharp oval face greeted me with a small grin as she observed me writhing in agony. She was already wearing her uniform along with a grey jacket above as she reached out to me. Yes…yes, it definitely is my closest and best friend, Karnie.

“Why, obviously it is…MY UNIFORM!”

I quickly stretched out my hand to grab it as I noticed a familiar set of clothes hanging loosely from the hangar Karnie was holding. Yet, she did not let go. I could feel the resistance as she pulled the uniform away from my hands.

“Karnie?”

“What are you supposed to say?”

“Muuu~thank you!”

“And…?”

“And what?”

I tilted my head as I could not think of what else Karnie would want of me. Looking at her beautiful face, her eyebrows were curled upwards, and her mouth was slightly puffed up.

“Your best friend is going to be late with you on the first day of second year and all I get is thank you?”

“…sorry.”

“Much better.”

Karnie nodded as she let loose her hands of the hangar. My uniform was finally liberated! I quickly stripped myself bear of my nightwear as I rushed to grab a new set of undergarments. Karnie tilted her head sidewards as she scratched her cheek.

“Shouldn’t you have more modesty?”

“What modesty, damn it! We are already late! Am I supposed to take a long bath and then stroll in gracefully into second period while acting as if nothing is wrong?”

Quickly tossing on the uniform and grabbing the brown blazer hanging on the side. I took a short glance upon the mirror. Brown long hair in order. No drool check, no panda eyes or dirt, bright smile cheese! A bit of bed hair, but that isn’t of utmost priority. I quickly grabbed my scrunchy as it tied my hair up. This remedies most of the urgent makeup problems.

“Now then, let’s go!”

A faint resurgence of excitement ran in my blood. Holidays may have been fun but having too long of a break would make one miss their friends. It has already been about two months since I have last seen everybody, I wonder if we will all still be in the same class? I quickly grabbed Karnie’s hand as I rushed out of my room.

“Hey, wait…Mimo, geez!”

Karnie who was not expecting the sudden change of pace showed slight displeasure before returning to her bright smile as she followed behind me. As we walked down the stairs, a familiar figure greeted me.

“Oh, Mimo. You are finally awake.”

My mother greeted me as she placed her fork down. It seems that today’s breakfast was toast, egg and sausages. It is pity that I am unable to partake in today’s meal.

“Sorry mom, got to go running late! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?”

I greeted back as I dragged Karnie along with me towards the front entrance.

“What do you mean? You just would not get up earlier, right dear?”

My mother said as she sighed while looking towards another seat. The old man was still engrossed in his reading of the daily news as he grunted a “Mmm!” in agreement as usual.

“Whatever, see you in the evening!”

I said as I pulled up my socks and slipped on my shoes. Karnie was rather much prepared as she was already dressed up much earlier with her sock being on.

“Bye darling!”

“Take care!”

Their replies echoed out in the distance as the two of us left the doorsteps. Karnie and I walked to the front gate as she slowly checked the time. Switching on her smartphone, a figure appeared on her home screen.

“7.13…”

She muttered as she heaved a small sigh. Well, it looks like everything can be summarize to one word – late.

“Come on, let’s hurry already! We can only be later now if we dally any longer!”

“Fine, fine. But this is all on you, Mimo.”

“Sure, treat you to ice cream later?”

“Deal!”

The both of us giggled in agreement as we quickly jogged to the bus stop. Looking back, the house in the distance that I have always lived in with my parents, I was lost in thought for a moment. What am I thinking about, I am already late. I quickly hurried my pace behind Karnie’s back.

“Mimo, come on hurry up. We are going to miss the bus and be even later!”

Unknowingly, Karnie has already gain quite a bit of distance between the both of us. She was definitely the more athletic among the two of us. Weird of me to say this, but I am always proud that my best friend is so capable and talented!

“Wai…wait just a bit, Karnie. I…I will get there!”

I muttered with bated breath as I slowly hobbled my way to the bus stop.

 

~End 1.1-1~

0