Chapter 14
128 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I think I’m starting to understand what kind of demons these are.”

“Yes, a child does take after both of its parents, but it always takes more after one of them. So, while they all look the same, their blood is probably different.”

“That would explain why their warriors are so different from the scholars I’ve been around. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that’s how their position in society is decided.”

“It would also explain why Jens feels so uncomfortable with being a hero. If what they’re telling me is true, and they can have interracial children, then he probably has a little bit of heroic blood, even though he’s a scholar. He understands that having a little bit of it is not the same as being a pure-blooded hero, and that makes him feel uncomfortable with the new role they’ve assigned to him.”

“Now that I think of it, do demons have heroes? I mean, I’ve never heard of a demonic hero, but they claim Jens is one. Or is it because they don’t know our tongue and are just using a word they’re familiar with?”

“Doesn’t matter. The most important thing is that I should really be careful with their males, even if we’re not of the same race. If they can impregnate Mun-Hee, then it’s safe to assume the same can happen to me. Maybe that’s why she insisted I stay away from the males? Luckily, I got the spell of non-conceiving cast on me, but it will wear out eventually.”

“I still can’t say if she really cares about me or is just pretending. Whatever the case, I’m thankful. Now that I know what to avoid, getting closer to Jens should be easier.”

“But, then again, if he’s not born to be a hero … is there any point to it? I mean, he didn’t make a single move yet. Sure, Mun-Hee kept him away, but if he’s really a powerful figure, there should be no reason for him to hold back.”

“Right?”

“Ohh, nail it! These demons are always talking, yet they never say anything of substance! I’ll have to ask once again!”

“Master …” I waited until I saw Jens looking at me, “am I not satisfactory?”

That made his eyebrows go up, but he didn’t say a thing. He just stared at me like a fool.

“Am I not to your liking?”

“Where this is from?” He asked.

“It seems as if you don’t want me near you. I’d appreciate it if you’d tell me if that’s the case. I want to serve you, but I don’t want to bother you. So, if I’m not satisfactory …”

“You serve not one,” Mun-Hee was categorical about that, “How much times I have to tell?”

“Not really true,” Ira said, “She have to serve some day. Have to work. Can not earn coin for her self if not serve.”

“Not that serve!”

“No, really, why not make she you’re sekretri?” Ira leaned towards Jens, “Teach she letters, numbers. You will being good boss for she, we all know. ”

“Not a bad idea, but I have better,” Eric said, “Why not make her a lady?”

They all looked at him in confusion.

“You are our hero, like it or not, so you’ll see timkiks all the time. Why not take her with you to show timkiks they are wrong? Why not show them what a slave can being if cared for. Cloths do make a person.”

Ira eyed him skeptically: “I’s not sure she can do it. Will take long time to teach her.”

“Sure, but why not? It is takeing a long time but is making a good tool. Not only she is geting reason, but she is also helping us. And we know Jens will not use her. Everyone wins. Mun-Hee, do you have some good dress?”

“Yes, but not good for her.”

“Why not? You’re similarly tall.”

“It will burst,” she puffed her chest out.

“Aha … ok. Then, you take her measurements and I get some good dress for her. Just to try.”

“Sure, can do.”

That went in a completely different direction but, from what I understood, it meant I’ll get to spend more time with Jens in the future. And it also looked like he won’t try to do anything right away, so I had enough time to determine if he was worth pursuing or not.

That being said, I got curious about why they were so confident he won’t “use” me. So, I asked:

“Jens, are you a faggot?”

That made him spit out the black poison he was drinking. All of a sudden, all the demons started eying me warily, as if I was the dangerous one.

All but Ira, who rolled on the floor while laughing hysterically.

“That’s …” Mun-Hee tried to say something but was lost for words.

So Eric stepped in: “Not say that with other humans. We have a nicer word for it. Say gay instead.”

“Is meaning the same?”

“Yes, but gay is more respectful.”

“Are … do you respect faggots?”

“We respect everyone, no matter who they love.”

“But faggots are detrimental to a society! I mean, they don’t have children, they can’t pass a family’s lineage …”

I remembered what I’ve heard about faggots, how it’s not really their fault. How faggotry is a curse created by the demons and their evil gods to weaken our blood.

And, since I was surrounded by demons, I realized that dropping the subject would be the smartest thing to do.

“Please, use word gay from now on.”

“Ok, I don’t mind. One word or the other, it makes no difference to me. But it’s not like it will change what they are.”

“It is makeing them feel better about it. It is good when they know people will say it to respect them.”

Ira finally managed to get his breath back: “No, Jens is not faggot. He’s likeing females.”

“But why is it important?” Jens asked.

“I was just wondering since you keep pushing me away. You didn’t come to visit me once, even though I was given to you. You don’t want me anywhere nearby. So, I was just curious if that’s why. But I guess it’s much deeper than that.”

Mun-Hee sighed tiredly: “This again!”

“It is not strange she likes Jens and is trying to get him,” Ira said, “He is looking good. Timkik females like him.”

“Jealous?”

“Of course! And mad! He is not doing anything with it! He now can have good looking sekretri, and he is not wanting it! Jens, you not like tails, may be?”

“No! Not! Have no thing against tails!”

“Wolf ears?”

Jens smacked Ira lightly on top of the head: “Stop it!”

“Is you race-ist?”

“What?”

“Do you have something against timkiks?”

“No. No! Not!”

“So why stay away from her?”

“I’s not her master! She’s better with out me!”

As Ira kept prodding at Jens, I noticed Eric eyeing both of them, looking quite satisfied with the situation.

“You is not have to be master! Be she’s boss! You is being good boss! The best for she! Think of this, think if someone else is being her boss. They will try something funny. Think if I’s her boss! You want that?”

“Ira have a point,” Eric joined, “She is geting duty sooner or later. Best it being that you’re her boss. Not all the time, but when you act like a hero. On gatherings. Else, you do you’re regular job. It is good chance to show timkiks slaves have potential and can act like nobles.”

“What?” I wasn’t sure if I’d heard that right, but they ignored my question.

“What is you thinking, Mun-Hee?” Jens asked.

“Eric is true. It is good way to show timkiks slaves is wasted. And I can trust you.”

“You not think timkiks will not like it?” He asked Eric, “Culture different and all.”

“Who is careing? They can not complain. They need us, so we set the rules. It is better this way to define our values at the start.”

“Why avoid it?” Ira pushed on, “Is she not giveing to you? It is also showing we care for timkiks. Instead of use them, we lift them.”

“Great point,” Eric nodded his head in appreciation.

“How long I act hero?”

“Until someone else is killing a dragon,” Ira responded, making Jens glare daggers at him. I actually think Jens was really considering murdering him right there and then.

Ira responded with his taunting, wide smile. I thought it was reserved for Mun-Hee, but it looks like Ira just loves riling people up. That being said, he showed me that day that he knows where the lines are and when he should start apologizing, when he said that some of those … whatever he wants me to be do satisfy their masters sometimes. Jens didn’t like it, and Ira changed his expression immediately.

But now, I could see that he knew he didn’t cross the line yet, so he taunted Jens with glee. Although, I don’t see what Jens would be mad about. It’s not like Ira offended him somehow or has told a lie.

“So … not only is his family incredibly wealthy, but it also looks like he’s an expert negotiator. I should definitely spend more time with Ira in the future. He did say he’s jealous of Jens. I could use that to my advantage.”

“Which is strange in and of itself. I don’t remember anyone ever admitting it so bluntly. Especially people who are incredibly rich.”

“So, it is agreed? We will teach Snirba to be Jens’ sekretri?” Eric asked.

“Ok. Not hurt,” Jens finally agreed.

“Tomorrow, we use this time to start teaching her instead of playing. Now, let us do some thing more fun.”

 

5