Chapter 17
110 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I appreciate your cooperation. In turn, I’ll let you see something you were unaware of. I believe it will be helpful to you later.

-----

Bbzzzz

Bbzzzz

Bbzzzz

“What the … damn mosquitoes.”

Bbzzzz

“Fuck off!”

Bbzzzz

“Come a little closer.”

Bbzzzz

SMACK!!!

“Ouch!”

“Ouch? Mosquitoes don’t go ouch! Also … I’m in the other world … there aren’t supposed to be any mosqui … what in the …”

Ah. Finally, the light is on.

This looks like Ira’s quarters.

Is that … aww, she’s so cute! Look at her white, shiny hair!

That’s not what you should be focusing on right now.

“What the fuck!”

Oh, he’s approaching her.

And why do I understand their demonic tongue so clearly all of a sudden?

I’ve helped you with it. But now is not the time to think about that. You should focus on what is in front of you.

“You are the most strange bug I ever seed.”

“I’m not a bug, you dumb fool!”

“Oh! And you talk.”

“Of course I do! What did you think, that I was about to stridulate?”

“Never seed a bug that talks.”

“And I’ve never seen a dragon that’s…”

“What?”

“You’re one strange dragon.”

“Oh no. It is retarded.”

“What does that even mean? Ahh, my head! Why in a world would you smack a cute, little fairy like that? What are you, some kind of a demon?”

“You are buzzing. It is your fault.”

“Of course my wings will buzz! These are small and light, so I have to flap them fast! Besides, who hits a lucky buzzer? That’s how everyone knows we’re close.”

“Sorry. I thinked you are a blood-drinking bug.”

“A blood-drinking bug! You’re… wait … what is going on here?”

“Yes, good question.”

“Why in a … what, why are you … you don’t…”

Is he …

Yes, he’s closing the windows.

“Umm, I … you’re a dragon, right?”

“No, I am not. You think I look like one?”

“But you have a dragon’s soul.”

Now that’s a creepy smile.

“While that sounds nice, I do not have dragon’s soul.”

“That … it makes no …”

“What are you doing here?”

“I … I got curious about these new creatures. I noticed there’s a dragon among them, so I thought I’d ask you some questions.”

“You geted the wrong person.”

“No, I’m… I don’t know what happened to you, but …”

“It is not important.”

“Did you … oh, I see! Ohh! That’s impressive!”

“What?”

“You’ve managed to seal it somehow! Are you a mage?”

“No.”

“You got mana!”

“I am not a mage. More important, it is not nice to enter people’s room while they are sleeping.”

“Sorry. I didn’t feel like risking it during the day. Everyone would see me flying, and I didn’t feel like risking it with these new creatures. By the way, what are they? Well, first, I guess I should ask: what are you? Since it looks like you’re the one in control.”

“Many are thinking I am a demon.”

“No, that’s… you don’t have demonic mana.”

“That is what they are thinking.”

“Why do you talk like that? And why are you talking in the timkik tongue? I’m much more fluent in the common tongue, if you don’t know the fay one.”

“I only know timkik tongue.”

“But you’re not a timkik!”

“They teached me that one.”

“Where were you born?”

“In the other world.”

“Oh … ohhh! So this is what you look like! It certainly explains your weird appearance.”

“Weird?”

“You look like an offspring of an elf and a hobbit. If they could ever have one.”

“Thanks. They called me bader things.”

“Why would anyone think you’re a demon though? Even though you look strange, you don’t look like one.”

“They think our world is hell.”

“Is it burning a lot?”

“No. It is frozen.”

“Ah.”

“But only small part. Near the portal.”

“And where’s the portal?”

“Not so close. What about you? Where are you borned?”

“I come from the Sanddiac forest! It’s a long way from here. It’s a beautiful place, but quite boring. So I like traveling from time to time. Mortals are always glad to see a fairy, and they always treat me well. Although, they become bothersome if I spend too much time with them.”

“Why are you here? Just curious?”

“Yes. Some of my friends sensed an enormous concentration of mana. I was curious about it, so I went to see what that’s all about. On the way, I learned that timkiks have opened a portal, and some strange creatures are coming through it. So I wanted to see what kind of creatures you are.”

“You are very sus … susp … not a believable story.”

“Why not? What, you wouldn’t travel the world if you’d hear about a possible world-changing adventure? Oh, I see! You don’t have the wings! And your appearance would creep people out. I guess my story does sound unbelievable to you.”

“Adventure is dangerous. And you are small.”

“I’m not helpless! We fairies may be small, but we’re some of the most gifted creatures when it comes to magic! Check this out! Diva nevidljiva!”

Oh! She disappeared!

“Ha, ha! You can’t find me now! And if you can’t find me, you can’t hurt me! Hold on! Wait! Wait!

“Catch you.”

“How did you …”

“You have shadow.”

“What … oh. I guess I do …”

“Still, that is impressive. I admit.”

“That’s just a little taste of what I can do!”

“You know what. You want to know more about us. And I want to know more about you. My friends will also want to see you.”

“Of course they will! Everyone wants to see a fairy!”

“So, why not stay here for some time? Take you around this place. Show you things and people. You show us more of what you can do. Do you like to play?”

Bbzzzz

“Who doesn’t? Wait, why are you tapping my head with your finger?”

“I am patting you.”

“I’m not a child!”

“That I can see. You are small, but those are big.”

“Hey, stop it! I’m a magical creature! But, then again … you do have a dragon’s soul …”

“Just watch, not touch.”

“You’re too big for me anyway. And too creepy.”

“That hurts. By the way, what is your name?”

“Oh … I guess we didn’t introduce ourselves properly yet. Name’s Liri! A brilliant name, isn’t it? But I guess you only know the timkik tongue, so its meaning eludes you. What’s yours?”

“My name is Ira.”

“Just that? Ira?”

“It have only one voice less than your name.”

“Yes, but mine is a shorthand combination of two words.”

“My have different meaning depending on the tongue.”

“Ohh … so, it’s like an interracial name?”

“You can say that.”

“Does that mean there are several different races here? Not everyone here looks like you?”

“Yes and no.”

“What do you mean?”

“We have different races but not different species.”

“What is that?”

“Think of elves. There are high elves, sun elves, wood elves. Those are races. But elves in general are species.”

“Huh. That’s an interesting way to look at it. So, there are different races here, but all of them are somewhat similar to each other.”

“True.”

“That’s very interesting! When can I meet them?”

“Not in the dead of night.”

 

6