Chapter 22
104 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few days were peaceful. Eric would teach me during the day for a few hours, as the demons say it, and at night we’d gather in Ira’s quarters and talk about some finer aspects of the demonic society.

The concept of hours is still very strange to me. Instead of managing their lives according to the nature and Sun’s position in the sky, they have divided both day and night into arbitrary pieces. They call these pieces hours, and they determine what time it is by counting these hours. The count starts at midnight, which makes sense considering they’re demons. It makes sense for them to appreciate midnight more than noon.

Now, how do they count these hours? They aren’t counting hours themselves. Instead, they use some small trinkets for it. These are called clocks. I didn’t notice it before, but one such trinket was given to me together with the dress. I thought it was just one more piece of jewelry because it’s meant to be carried on the wrist. It has two arrows attached to the center, which move at their own pace in circles. The demons use these arrows to determine what time of day it is. The strange thing is that all the clocks in this place are somehow perfectly tuned to show the same time. I know there’s some magic involved, but I know nothing of it so I won’t speculate.

That being said, these clocks are fine-crafted, luxurious items, and besides their practical use, they also act as a nice decoration. Oh, I forgot! You see, only the big ones are called clocks. If it’s small enough to be carried on the wrist, then it’s called a watch. I’m not sure if that’s because you’re supposed to be watching it all the time or if it’s because it’s watching the time for you, but the name clearly has something to do with watching.

Anyway, the peaceful days ended when Mun-Hee barged into our quarters one afternoon after her duties were over. She had a huge smile on her face, going from ear to ear as the humans would say, because their ears are on the sides. She was full of energy and was absolutely ecstatic over something.

“Hey, Snirba! We have a special guest! Get ready, and let us go meet the others!”

The first sign that something was different was Mun-Hee’s change of clothes. She discarded her usual casual appearance and got an elegant dress instead.

“Should I put my special dress on?” I asked.

“No, no. You are good as you are!”

We met the others in the same public room we’ve met so many times before, but there was no one new there. Right away, I saw that everyone dressed differently for this occasion, just like Mun-Hee. They weren’t in their casual clothes anymore. All of them had their formal attire on. Jens wore the same clothes he had when we’ve met for the first time.

The only exception was Ira and his ‘parrot’ Liri, sitting on his shoulder. He had the same casual clothes he’s wearing every day. Mun-Hee picked up on that immediately.

“Look at him!” She pointed accusingly at his subpar clothes, “You could not pick some normal clothes?”

“Why would I?”

“That is why you can not get a girl!”

“Our boy is just real,” Booker said, “He knows he not have a chance.”

“I see no one else here,” I pointed out.

“Yes,” Eric responded, “We picked this room because few people frequent it. We don’t want to make a big deal out of it.”

“Is someone special coming?”

“Yes, someone very special. But I don’t want to spoil the surprise. I’ll just let you know that this person is very busy right now, so it may take some time for them to arrive.”

We spent some time in idle conversation, talking about the same things we usually talk about.

But then, a voice coming from behind me sent shivers down my spine, making both my tail and ears go straight up.

It said: “Hey there, fuckboys.”

Turning around instinctively, I saw a tall female towering above me. She was almost as tall as the males around here! I couldn’t see much of her face at first, since her big tits blocked my view, but I’ve noticed her most important features right away.

How couldn’t I?

Her most striking feature, and the first to get my attention, was her long, wavy, golden hair. It was so shiny, the light reflected right out of it, making her head glow radiantly. Her eyes were about the same size as we timkiks have, meaning hers were noticeably bigger than those of a regular demon. Her eyelashes were incredibly long, the longest I’ve ever seen, and strangely, those were black. I’d expect her eyelashes to be the same color as her hair, but that wasn’t the case. The contrast only made her look even more mystical.

Much more importantly, her eyes had the color of the bright sky, the light blue. I still can’t get used to it, even after seeing Jens so many times. It’s so … alien, so mesmerizing. I’m starting to understand why the good gods are always portrayed with blue eyes. There is some divinity to it.

Which is strange since I’ve been among the demons all this time. Then, all of a sudden, there is this goddess-looking female standing right in front of me. And it wasn’t just her eyes and hair, which were a perfect example of Greadinall’s fetishes. Her face was absolutely gorgeous! All of its proportions were perfect! Her nose, high cheekbones … I don’t know what to say, I can’t describe her properly using just words.

And her skin was the palest I’ve ever seen, even paler than Jens’.

Which made me realize a few things. This female had a lot of similarities with Jens. The eyes, the hair, the skin. The only difference I could see was that her hair was falling down in a straight line, while Jens’ was growing straight up for some reason.

I couldn’t take a look at her body since her face had shocked me so much. But even if I could muster the willpower, her tits were right in my face, blocking my view from the nose down.

Finally, she noticed that, leaning in towards me and revealing her big, full, blood-red lips and a very well-defined but somehow still feminine jaw.

“You don’t need your jaw on the floor, darling.”

She smiled coquettishly as she placed her index finger on my chin, pushing it back up.

“There. You’re pretty cute yourself, you know.”

As she started ruffling my hair gently, I realized I was under a spell. I couldn’t say a thing. It wasn’t just her appearance, her voice was just as alluring. It was deep and yet still feminine, unbelievably so. It also had some strange, mystical echo to it. Her words would last even after she’s done talking. It sounds stupid, I know, but I don’t know how else to describe it.

Then I’ve finally realized it: “This is what a real succubus looks like! This is what they mean when they say that a succubus will enchant you with nothing but a gaze!”

 All of a sudden, those fairy-tales didn’t sound so exaggerated. However, those tales never mentioned that a succubus could look like an elf.

A boing-boing elf at that.

I’ve been wondering why there were so few females in this place, but now it made perfect sense. If females like her were here, the males would never get anything done.

“I will sit next to our cute, fluffy companion,” she said as she sat right next to me, still giving me a smile.

“Ohhh … you never said your females could look like that!” Unlike me, Liri didn’t hold back. She stared at the golden-haired female from across the table with her tiny eyes bulging as much as possible, her wings fluttering and buzzing vigorously.

Eyeing her up and down, I realized she was wearing the same kind of casual clothes I’ve seen the other demons wear. The only difference was that her figure strained the clothes to its very limits.

Another female voice interrupted my shameless ogling.

“Hi. My name is Anna Pavlenko.”

Looking up, I saw another gorgeous female, as tall as the previous one. But this one was in stark contrast with the golden-haired, elven-like goddess. While her skin was as pale, her perfectly straight hair was the darkest black I’ve ever seen. I swear, her hair was darker than Booker himself, who is black in his entirety!

She looked dead serious for some reason, as if she was about to start a fight with me. Her eyes, while incredibly pretty, only added to her intimidating looks. While the previous female had a soft, sky-like blue color, this one had dark-blue eyes. It was as if some foul magic darkened her elven-like blue eyes, corrupting them, together with her hair which looked much more fitting on a raven than on a person.

It took me a while to realize that she was patiently holding her outstretched hand in front of me. She was greeting me in their demonic way, trying to shake hands with me.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t notice you there!” I tried wiggling my way out.

“Then I did a good job,” she responded, “May I know your name?”

“Oh, sure! My name is Snirba.”

“From family …”

“Uhh … I don’t have a family name anymore. Slaves don’t have one.”

The raven-haired female looked over the other demons scornfully. She only had to furrow her brows a little bit for her face to get even more intimidating.

“She is slow to adjust to her freedoms here,” Eric explained.

“Oh my god, how rude of me!” The golden female exclaimed exaggeratedly, “I’m so sorry! I should’ve introduced myself first.”

She extended her hand towards me too.

“I’m Karla Kohoutek. Nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you too. I’m Snirba.”

She grabbed my hand firmly as we shook our hands. Ironically, the raven-haired female proved to be much more gentle.

“So, how do you like it here?”

“Everyone is good towards me. Even though I’m a slave, no one has slighted or offended me yet. In fact, no one ever tried asserting that their status is higher than mine.”

That made the goldilocks chuckle quite a bit. Looking at the other demons for an explanation, I saw that all of them were smiling too.

So, I looked at the raven-haired. Her facial expression didn’t change one bit.

“Did I say something wrong?” I asked.

“No, not at all. You were on point. Humans don’t care about status that much.”

“Then, why are you all smiling like that?” I asked the others.

“It’s funny you’re complaining about that while talking to the queen.”

“Eh?”

 

6