Chapter 29 Sending 20 Years of rent for Nothing
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The lousy birdcage is worth 20 years of rent? Did water get into your head or was it kicked by a donkey?" Gao Dakui followed the direction Chen Yu pointed towards and raised his head to notice it was a birdcage that was covered in dust, and his face was instantly covered in disdain.

It was understandable that he did not know Binglu, but even a blind person would know the birdcage. Even if it was made of pure gold, it was not worth 120,000 yuan for rent a year, let alone 20 years.

While talking, Chen Yu took off the birdcage and took out the porcelain cup. "When did I say that the birdcage is valuable? This porcelain cup can be exchanged for twenty years of rent."

The small porcelain cup was about five centimeters high and covered with dust. There was bird dropping on it. It didn't look good at all. No one would think that it was a treasure.

"This lousy thing is worth 10 yuan. If you pick up 1,000 a month, it's equivalent to a month's rent. Good luck, it's still 999 more!" Gao Dakui mocked Chen Yu, and he felt Chen Yu's brain was getting more and more out of control.

"Motherfucker!" Chen Yu cursed with a smile. He didn't feel that it was dirty, so he took out a wet rag and carefully wiped the porcelain cup. His movements were gentle, as if he was afraid of breaking it.

Two minutes later, the dust and bird droppings were cleared, revealing the porcelain cup's original appearance.

On one side of the cup wall, there was an image of a blue and white fairy painted, and on the other side, there was a poem written in small words, "The spring breeze come to clear the jade, night and moon come to the great dike."

The signature was stamped with the seal of the reign of Qing Dynasty.

Gao Dakui was rough and didn't know how to recognize antiques. However, he could tell that they were exquisitely made. I guessed they were worth less than 100 yuan.

Chen Yu was excited. When he came out to rent a house, he picked up a flower cup and said with a happy smile, "I'll teach you a lesson today. This is one of the blue and white twelve-flower porcelain cups in the year of Kangxi. It's called January Daffodil, worth at least two million yuan!"

"How much is it? Two million? How do you know?" Gao Dakui found it hard to believe, as he hadn't even heard anything but the price.

"I have been studying antiques in my university for four years. Two million yuan is equivalent to twenty years of rent. Do you believe me now?" Chen Yu said scuply.

Gao Dakui returned to his senses and was disgruntled. "Words carry no weight, and I even said it's worth 10 million. It's true ability if you're able to sell it and obtain money."

"Believe it or not, it's time to go back to the orphanage and help pack things up."

Based on Gao Dakui's expression, Chen Xi knew that this fellow intended to deceive him and sell the Daffodil Cup.

However, Chen Yu had picked up a Chinese Rose Cup and a Peony Cup. There was a deposit of five or six million yuan in his card, so he was not short of money for the time being. He planned to save it for emergencies.

He found a cardboard box and carefully wrapped the cup. This antique could be exchanged for house of the orphanage. It couldn't be damaged.

When they returned to the orphanage, they excitedly went to Ms. Deng to announce the good news. However, when they entered the orphanage, they found that the children were in a mess and chattered away. Ms. Deng was nowhere to be found.

A little girl sobbed and said, "Yu, something bad has happened. Zihao is sick. His stomach hurts so much. Ms. Deng took him to see a doctor."

Another slightly older boy added, "Ms. Deng said she was going to the Jishi Hall. You should go and take a look. Zihao is seriously ill and is about to die!"

Chen Yu grew up in an orphanage. He regarded this place as his home, and the children as his younger siblings. Now that his relatives were sick, how could he not be anxious?

He immediately said, "Dakui, stay here and take care of the child. I'll go check on Zihao."

Gao Dakui nodded heavily. At this moment, his emotion was completely similar to Chen Yu. "Go on, leave this to me. Don't forget to report that you're safe when you see Xioahao!"

Chen Yu hid the cup under the bed in Ms. Zhou's room and hurried out.

Jishi Hall was a well-known clinic of traditional Chinese medicine in Ninghai City. The old master, Lin Yuanshan, had excellent medical skills, and his "Five Yang Divine Needles" was said to be able to bring the dead back to life. He was even selected as one of the "Top Ten Great Doctors of Ninghai".

The most precious thing was that the old man didn't take advantage of his reputation after becoming famous and insisted on saving the poor. The medicine and medical fees of Jishi Hall were inferior to that of other pharmacies.

However, as he grew older, he gradually became tired. Last year, he announced that he would withdraw his needles and retire, and several disciples of Jishi Hall took turns to treat him.

Even so, because of its good reputation, Jishi Hall was still the best choice for poor people to treat.

Chen Yu rushed all the way to Jishi Hall and found Ms. Deng and Zihao in the clinic hall.

Aunt Deng was anxiously surrounding a young female doctor and asking about things. She was as anxious as an ant on a hot pot.

The female doctor was wearing a mask that covered most of her face, but her bright eyes were shining like spring water, which was very attractive.

Even though she was wearing a loose white coat, it couldn't hide her exquisite figure. Instead, it made her look holy and beautiful.

It made people want to take off her mask and have a look at her beautiful face, but now it was not the time to look at a beautiful woman. Chen Yu just glanced at her and knew that the female doctor's name was Lin Wanyi. Then he cast his eyes to Zihao.

Zihao's face was pale and tear-stained. He lay on the hospital bed, groaning in pain. His stomach was swelling and bulging as if There was something inside.

Chen Yu's heart ached and he began to read the information in his mind: Chen Zihao, an orphan, has a function of gastroenteritis, which is caused by the obstruction of large intestine due to the obstructed ventilation.

Treatment method: Acupuncture to stimulate the acupoints to accelerate the wriggling of the large intestine and restore its function.

The acupuncture points required stimulation: Tianshu, Dachangyu, Zusanli, Zhongwan, Hegu...

"Phew!" Chen Yu let out a long breath. It turned out that it was not a serious illness that could be cured with a few injections. When he went back, he would remind Ms. Deng to pay attention to the children's diet. It would be fine if it was not too dry.

It was all the children's fault that their words could scare people to death...

As a low-key person, Chen Yu did not show off after seeing the illness at a glance. He was learning acupuncture by himself, but except for knowing acupuncture points, he did not have the ability to treat diseases with acupuncture.

What's more, the female doctor had taken out the silver needles, which meant that the professionals had already seen through it, and he only needed to watch from the side.

"Miss Lin, is Zihao really all right?" asked Ms. Deng worriedly. "He was in great pain!"

The female doctor, Lin Wanyi's voice was euphemistic and pleasant, soft like water, replying,

"Don't worry. The abdominal swelling is a minor illness. Only when it breaks out will the pain be unbearable. It won't be life-threatening. I'll treat Zihao with acupuncture and massage his stomach to guide the air in his stomach."

"Thank you, Miss Lin. You are really a good person!" Ms. Deng was finally relieved and thanked her again and again.

But when these words entered into Chen Yu's ears, he felt that something was wrong. Expelling the air?

"If she doesn't treat Zihao's intestines first, how are Zihao going to get rid of the air in his body? Is she going to make him die of pain?"

Read full story free: https://www.meganovel.com/book_info/31000218133/Urban-Realistic/The-King-of-Antiques?channelCode=MNSM00078

2