Chapter 41 Explaining Things to the Director
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After lunch, Song Yan drove Chen Yu to Ninghai University, where they had been left for a few days. Wherever the fiery Ferrari 488 passed, there would always be exclamations along the way.

Many people couldn't afford to buy a car for two lifetimes, not to mention a campus belle they couldn't marry in their ten lifetimes.

"Miss Song is so beautiful in white, like a fairy from a painting!"

"Yeah, I feel like I'm in love... Then who is it? Why is he still holding two pieces of cloth in his hands?"

"Damn, what qualifications does Chen Yu of the Department of Archaeology have to walk with the campus belle?"

Chen Yu wore ordinary clothes, and he held two pieces of the aged lotus pond painting in his hand. Compared to Song Yan who wore white clothes, it formed a strong visual contrast.

He glanced at the passers-by disdainfully. He was not shorter than anyone. Why couldn't he walk with Song Yan? A group of people who couldn't eat grapes and said that the grapes were sour.

Song Yan was used to being the center of attention. She didn't care about the surprised eyes of others.

She took Chen Yu into the school leaders' office building with ease and knocked on the door of the dean's office of the School of History.

The office was spotless, and the display cabinets on both sides of the wall were full of various antiques. It looked like a senior antique collector's Treasure Pavilion.

In front of a mahogany desk, an old man in his sixties, gray-haired, and wearing reading glasses sat side by side with a middle-aged man in his early forties.

The two frowned worriedly as they stared at the tattered calligraphy on the table, sighing deeply.

The old man was the dean, Tan Younian. When he looked up and saw Song Yan, he asked with a kind smile, "Yan, why are you here?"

The middle-aged man's name was Hou Liangping, the dean of the Department of Archaeology. He had always been known for being impartial. His reputation among the students was not very good, but he had real abilities and was the favorite student of Tan Younian.

Song Yan greeted them politely, "Mr. Tan, Mr. Hou, I have a presumptuous request. Chen Yu's painting is seriously damaged. I hope you can help him repair it."

"It's really unfortunate. Liangping and I are repairing this copy of the Cao Quan Momument. We've encountered some difficulties. Please sit down and wait."

Tan Younian had been working as the Song family's antique consultant for more than ten years. He had watched Song Yan grow up and was very concerned about her.

As for Chen Yu, Tan Younian didn't have time to care about him at all. After saying that, he lowered his head and continued to discuss the repair work with Hou Liangping.

Chen Yu puckered his lips. If it weren't for the fact that he couldn't refuse Song Yan's kindness, he wouldn't have asked someone to repair this painting. If you look down on me, then don't blame me for slapping your faces!

Then, he glanced at Cao Quan Monument on the table and smiled. He coughed softly and asked, "Excuse me, Mr. Tan, Mr. Hou, which part of the repair did you encounter a problem?"

With his thought interrupted, Tan Younian unhappily frowned.

Hou Liangping scolded angrily, "Which department are you from? Do you know how to be polite? Even Song Yan doesn't speak. Why are you meddling? Can you figure it out.?"

Chen Yu was secretly speechless. No wonder he was the dean. His words were so harsh.

However, he didn't care. He said unhurriedly, "Cao Quan Monument, an important monument from the Eastern Han Dynasty. It was set up in the second year of Zhongping, Han Dynasty. It was moved to the Momument Museum in Shaanxi Province in 1970.

It was the representative work of the attached book in the Han Dynasty, which was famous for its elegant and well-organized style, praised by generations of writers, and had an extremely high collection value.

"Although this is a copy, it is also an old item that has been passed down from the Tang Dynasty. After it is completely repaired, it will be worth at least six million yuan."

After Chen Yu finished, Hou Liangping was stunned. "Was there such a knowledgeable student in the School of History?"

Tan Younian's eyes lit up as he pushed his reading glasses and praised, "You're right. You can tell that it's a copy from the Tang Dynasty without even touching it. Your ability is extraordinary."

Even Tan Younian wouldn't dare to say that he could tell if he wasn't touch it. He looked at Chen Yu with admiration and his attitude had changed.

Chen Yu modestly said, "You overpraises me. I also know a few ways to repair the invitation, but I don't dare to show off in front of you."

"It's fine, please share with us." Chen Yu's words had made Tan Younian cherish him. Even if he was wrong, he was worthy of praise.

Chen Yu spoke confidently. "Repairing the it can be said to be easy, yet it can be difficult. It lacks paper to patch it up, lacking ink to add ink, and it relies solely on the word 'coincidence'.

"You have to grasp the composition of the paper, size, ink, density, and color well. Otherwise, it'll be difficult to repair them."

"Humph, I thought you had some good ideas. They're all knowledge from books!" Hou Liangping snorted coldly and said disdainfully.

"Well, there aren't many students in the School of History who can memorize the knowledge in books without missing a word. This student's basic knowledge is solid and worthy of praise."

Tan Younian was relatively easy-going, but he couldn't hide the disappointment on his face. He still couldn't come up with a good solution. It was a pity that he had lost the precious copy.

Chen Yu glanced at the paper and ink prepared on the desk and understood. He continued, "There is no problem with the paper. Sir, do you have trouble with ink? No matter how it is made, is there any difference with the handwriting on the copy?"

"How did you know?" Hou Liangping asked in surprise.

Tan Younian's eyes lit up again. He gave Chen Yu an encouraging look, indicating for him to continue.

Chen Yu explained naturally, "Ancient people grind ink using natural spring water. It is a gift from the earth. It is pure and bright without any contamination.

What about modern people using water? Although it was fine to drink, there were drawbacks to grinding the ink.

"The water purifying plant will automatically clean up the natural water source. The water source within the water source will naturally produce a difference from that of the spring stream. Since the water source is different, why should we request that the ink be the same?"

Hearing his words, Tan Younian and Hou Liang looked at each other with a sense of surprise.

The two nodded and said at the same time, "Yes, we were careless. We used clear water. It's different from the water in the spring. Is there anything else?"

Chen Yu pointed at the new ink on the table and said, "There is something wrong with the ink itself. The ink used by the ancients was naturally produced from a natural ore, and this ink is man-made. It contains a lot of ingredients that are not very pure."

Tan Younian slammed the table, which shocked Song Yan and Hou Liangping. He shouted excitedly, "I finally understand why. You are right! Thank you so much, Chen Yu!"

After saying that, Tan Younian took the initiative to step forward and grabbed Chen Yu's hand. His love for talents was beyond words.

Song Yan looked at Chen Yu with more strange eyes for the time being. The crisis that even an expert like the director couldn't solve was solved by Chen Yu in a few words. It was amazing!

"Knock, knock!" At this moment, a burst of urgent knocks on the door were heard. After getting permission, a dressed man with two bruises on his face came in. He was Zhao Jiajun.

Zhao Jiajun saw Chen Yu at a glance and shouted angrily, "You have been expelled from Ninghai University and are not qualified to come to our school. B*stard, get out of here!"

Read all chapters Free on Meganovel: https://m.meganovel.com/down/MNSM00078/31000218133

1