Chapter-13 The Mythical Drink
298 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s now a few days before school starts and I'm starting to get nervous about how good Corrin's first impression of me will be. So I decided to do the logical thing and ignore my problems so I can hang out with Annette instead. However I soon ran straight into another big problem when Annette nervously came to me with a request. “Hey um, Big Sis? Could you please make a movie that can scare Ruby?"

“Of course I can, but why are you trying to scare Ruby?"

Annette puffed up her cheeks as she said, “When I got a drink of juice last night Ruby jumped out of the dark and picked me up. She made me spill juice all over the new pyjamas you made me." Annette lightly grasped my arm and asked, "Please help me Big Sis. We need to avenge the pjs!"

There’s no way I’d turn down a request from Annette, especially with how cute she is while planning revenge, so I started planning for all of us to spend a night watching scary movies. Now as for the problem. I am not good at handling scary movies, like at all. Even the ones that are all just lame jump-scares and excessive gore somehow make me scared or at least very, very unnerved. And I mean the kind of unnerved that keeps you awake until midnight constantly making sure that you locked all the doors.

Now the obvious solution is to create a pill that makes it impossible for me to be scared or something, but that’s lame. I’m just imagining an odd movie night as I sit there motionless and emotionless while everyone else is getting scared. The picture I painted in my mind does seem oddly funny from an outside perspective, but from an inside perspective it’s just weird and boring. I may not like watching scary movies, but I still acknowledge that there’s nothing entertaining about them if you’re not getting scared with friends.

So with all that out of the way, I had to come up with a different solution. And that different solution was to create the mythical ‘Liquid Courage’ I always see in games and referenced in books. The description is always just something boring like ‘drink that gives you the courage to take risks and ignore fears’ or something like that. It’s not the perfect solution, but definitely a better one than just making me unable to get scared. After all, it only comes with a headache as a side effect, and I can easily deal with a headache. Wait a sec, I could just create a version of it that comes without the headache. 

Ha ha, now that I’m being smart for once this simple plan should be perfected. There’s literally no way this plan could go wrong. All I have to do now is wait till tomorrow for our scary movie night.




The time passed quickly and only a few minutes remained before we started our movie night. I was in my room, getting ready to create and drink the ‘Liquid Courage’ when I realized something. Exactly what movie are we watching? Huh, I guess I kind of forgot to create one. Wait, I don’t have the time to slowly think things through. Uh… I guess I’ll just quickly create a Horror movie famous throughout the world for having spooky scary skeletons or something.

Um… WHY DIDN’T ANYTHING GET CREATED! Ok, calm down. I’m only potentially ruining our movie night; it's not like the world is in danger. I’m just going to be embarrassing myself in front of Annette. AHHH THE WORLD MIGHT AS WELL BE OVER!

C’mon magic eye-ball, you're my last hope now, show me the internet. Search for the best horror movie in the world and please filter out the clickbait articles. Soon enough I found a bunch of articles talking about it and ranking it against other movies. Actually, is this even the movie I created? Oh well, I don't really care as long as it’s scary enough to terrify Ruby without traumatizing Annette. Just gotta create a copy, ignore that this is probably technically pirating and move on to creating the ‘Liquid Courage.’

Anyways, It’s a pretty simple task. All I gotta do is create it… and end up with a wet carpet I suppose. I should have known that creating a liquid is a dumb idea without a container. I look at the small mess I made and thought, Yeah, Sapphire definitely deserves a gift as an apology. As for Ruby… Well she scared Annette and I definitely hope our plan works out, but cleaning up all of my messes can’t be too fun. I guess I should eventually create a gift for her as well.

But before that, I still have to make it through the movie night. This time I remembered to create a cup before the ‘Liquid Courage.’ Just before I took my first sip I realized that I should have just gone to the kitchen and grabbed a cup from the cupboard instead. If I just keep creating stuff I’m going to end up with a bunch of duplicate items sitting in some storage shed. Wait, no they won’t. I have the ability to destroy anything I created. Gah this is why I need to create a post-it note or something that lists everything I can do.

Well I’m glad to see that this perfect plan is progressing perfectly. Absolutely nothing could have gone better, at least that’s what I’m going to keep telling myself. Just gotta hope I don’t somehow spill my drink all over my face. I quickly down the ‘Liquid Courage.’ grab the movie and head off to the lounge. Everyone was already there of course and Ruby poked a bit of fun at me for being late. Is it just me or has she gotten more of a personality lately?

Eh, it just means the house will be a little more lively. Maybe Sapphire has gained a bit of personality herself. Well regardless of all that we still have a movie to watch. I was going to start up the movie when a certain fact came to light. We don’t own a dvd player. Oh well, it's not exactly a difficult fix. I can easily create one, or I could take this opportunity to turn more of my house into a sci-fi movie. I’d really love to do that, but I should probably focus on just the one movie for now. I create the boring dvd player, put the boring dvd in, and wait for the movie to load.

We soon start the movie after I create the snacks and then almost immediately I jump back because of a jump-scare. At the very least I don’t feel as scared as usual. I'm sure that if I have a few more drinks of  ‘Liquid Courage’ then I'll be relaxed enough to only get scared at the actual scary stuff alongside everyone else. Besides, I can't comfort Annette if I'm scared out of my mind as well. My previous plan may have had some flaws, yes, but I am completely confident in saying that this is the greatest plan.

After 9 or 10 months I am back from the dead to hopefully not disappear again. Kind of lost the motivation to write this story because the chapters I wrote were too good and didn't fit the tone at all and after my break I realized that I write the best chapters for this book in the dead of night when I'm barely conscious. Turns out all of the silly ideas are hidden in my brain until I get so tired that I lose rational thought. Now it's very entertaining to write for this story and while I don't know if I can keep to a proper upload schedule. I at least hope that I can release chapters frequently.

5