CHAPTER 3
41 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are a total of four families with the title of duke in the empire. Three of these families are Margrave, responsible for defending the empire's borders.

Rebecca is the heir to the Ducal House Rosier.

Hearing the voice beside him, Luke didn't need to look to know who it was. He has heard that voice since childhood.

"How can I help you?"

Luke asked in a subtle tone. However, Rebecca made a dissatisfied face.

"Haven't you heard before? Let's talk."

The only thing Luke can do is smile wryly at Rebecca's commanding tone.

'Where did that girl who always had a sweet smile on her face?'

Luke wonders the same thing every time they see each other.

Three years ago, the Goddess appointed new heroes, and everyone knows this happens when a demon king wad involved.

In the current situation, a new demon king will be appointed.

Humans and demons have been at war for over two and a half thousand years, and every time a hero arises, a new demon king also arises. It's like a cycle.

In this cycle, neither side attempted to conquer the losing side's territory. The union of human territory with demon territory is equivalent to two thirds of the entire continent.

Such a large area is very difficult to manage, moreover, neither of the two races would accept to become submissive.

The last war, twenty years ago, was considered the most violent, of the six heroes only two survived.

The magician of light, who is the current director of the academy, and the saint, who works in the church of the goddess.

Rebecca received the Goddess Hero Mark three years ago. She was named a light mage, in addition to having an affinity with all elements of nature, she also possesses the element of light.

Only heroes have an affinity for the light element, considered the sacred element. And only a few demons have an affinity for the dark element.

Since Rebecca received the mark, she has changed from a sweet girl with an angelic smile to a dictator, and the one who suffers the most is Luke.

"Can I at least finish eating?"

"Follow me now."

Rebecca said and started walking. Luke started massaging his temple, bracing himself for what was to come.

"Good luck."

Luke looked at Isis who was beside him, she has a little idea of ​​how Rebecca treats Luke.

"I'll need."

He said and got up. Luke started walking behind Rebecca. After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at a place with few students.

Rebecca stopped in front of Luke with her hands on her hips. Her face showed traces of dissatisfaction.

Looking at each other, Luke noticed Rebecca better. Due to her attitude in recent years, he stopped looking for her. Also, every time they ran into each other, Luke avoided her as much as possible.

Things like the white color of her hair and her blue eyes were safe in the young man's mind.

What caught Luke's attention was Rebecca's coming of age. Her face has become more expressive, it is no longer so round and fluffy, she has become taller, her bust has grown, and she conveys an elegant aura.

This aura only develops in people who have received the best education. Rebecca wad raised to be the best. She will be the best lady and the best mage in the empire.

Rebecca is the same age as Luke, fifteen years old, and everything indicates that she will evolve more and more as the years go by.

"Have you forgotten what I said the day before you came to the gym?"

Luke, upon hearing Rebecca's speech, immediately understood the reason for her dissatisfaction.

The day before Luke entered the academy, Rebecca visited him at the Harvestz mansion.

The reason for the visit was for her to impose three orders.

"First, don't talk to any girls but me and your family."

"Second, don't do anything to embarrass me."

"Third, do your best to show that you are worthy to be my husband."

Luke followed none. Everything, in his opinion, is just Rebecca's selfish desires.

"I remember."

"Why didn't you follow?"

Luke wad confused. When did he not follow? The only girls he talked to in front of Rebecca were Isis's friends. That was the only option.

"Because I didn't feel like it. Besides, who are you to decide who I should talk to or not?"

"There is!?"

Rebecca's refined aura changed to something menacing, it was the first time Luke had confronted her. Usually he just listens and doesn't respond.

"I'm your fiancée. Isn't that enough?"

Luke closed his eyes, he was remembering some childhood memories.

 He grew up in a very pleasant environment along with his cousins ​​and sister.

Rebecca's father and Luke's father are friends, so Rebecca also grew up with them in that environment.

However, Luke and Rebecca, when compared to the others, spend a lot more time together. Soon, a feeling of love washed over Luke.

That feeling faded over time, maybe deep in your heart it still exists.

"Rebecca."

Luke's voice came out in a much colder tone than usual, he never liked talking to people like that, but at the moment it was necessary.

Hearing the unusual tone, Rebecca wad startled.

"Have you noticed that the number of times we see each other has decreased?"

"Compared to the old days, yes. I've been very busy lately."

In Rebecca's mind this is a normal thing, as the years passed and upon receiving the title of hero, she focused on getting stronger.

Rebecca, at only fifteen years old, managed to raise her magic power to C rank. An incredible achievement for her age. In terms of magic power, she is the strongest heroine.

Luke wad shocked by Rebecca's speech, she couldn't understand that it was her constant abuse that drove him away.

'You are not worthy to marry me.'

'I'm the hero and you?'

'You are a shame.'

Words like these were spoken against Luke.

"Oh, you know what? Forget it."

Luke gave up speaking his mind. If he spoke, it would only trigger unnecessary conflict.

Rebecca frowned.

"What were you saying..."

Before Rebecca's speech ended, the gym bell rang, signaling the end of lunchtime.

Optional classes would start soon. Knowing this, Luke jumped at the opportunity.

"Rebecca, I have to go to fencing class. See you later."

Luke said and ran away.

Seeing Luke's quick exit, Rebecca was surprised.

"You don't even attend classes."

Luke, from afar, replied.

"I started participating two weeks ago."

Accelerating his steps, Luke only stopped when he lost sight of Rebecca.

Optional fencing classes take place in the practice area.

Upon arriving, Luke went to a corner under a tree. This class allows the student to train freely, in case of doubt, it is up to the instructors present to help.

Luke took out of his blazer a book his grandfather had given him, which contained the [Star Flesh] technique.

Opening the book, Luke analyzed the step by step. It was a very simple technique, just move the sword five times, drawing a star.

"What an original name."

What caught Luke's attention was a note in the corner of the Book. She was telling him to use mana to strengthen his muscles before using the technique.

Doing what the note said, Luke spread the mana through his body, penetrating the muscles in his arm. Then, he took the sword and moved it five times.

"This is very easy."

As soon as he finished swinging the sword, tiredness took over his muscles and the sword he was holding fell to the ground.

'What happened?'

"Young master, are you tired?"

"!!!!!???"

Luke wad startled by the sudden voice behind him.

"Don't get too close, Jonah."

Jonah, he is a butler and leader of the ghosts, a group of assassins who serve the Harvestz family.

"Your grandfather took a trip, and he doesn't know when he'll be back, he asked me to give you this."

Jonah took a letter from the pocket of the blazer he was wearing.

Upon opening the letter, Luke wad faced with a series of exercises.

"Is this exercise?"

"Yes, he said you need to improve your physique."

"Why do I have to strengthen my muscles with mana? Nobody does that when they practice fencing."

"Your muscles developed faster that way. Simply put, mana makes the muscle work better."

Listening to the speech, Luke understood why he was so tired just waving his sword.

 "You'll have a good physique if you do."

 "I understood."

Luke will use the [Star Flesh] move to measure his physical development. The less fatigue he feels when performing the technique, the better his physique will be. That's how he understood his grandfather's purpose.

'While training my physique, I can increase my magic power as well. Then I practice fencing. I have to make up for the time I wasted walking around.'

Compared to the other students, Luke was far behind.

"Jonah…ah, he's gone."

When Luke stopped thinking, he intended to ask Jonah something. However, the butler had already disappeared.

He can only curse the assassins.

5