CHAPTER 7
38 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on the bed in his room, Luke opened the book he had brought from his mother's house.

After a reading, he put it into practice. Luke crossed his legs, relaxed his body and closed his eyes.

The technique uses the diaphragm, a muscle located horizontally between the chest cavity and the abdominal cavity.

Breathing in through his nose, Luke allowed his belly to expand. He followed the book's instructions and counted to four, allowing his lungs to fill completely with air.

Holding the air in his lungs, Luke concentrated on extracting the mana present in him. After a few seconds, he exhaled through his mouth.

With his eyes still closed, Luke moved the extracted mana to the core.

He felt the small amount of mana accumulated in the solar plexus region, where the human nucleus is.

Luke repeated this same process a few more times.

This method wad considered the most time-consuming and least efficient, but the most used. Because of this, Luke's magical power barely changed.

After repeating the method several times, he fell asleep.

The next day, Luke woke up early again to do his exercises.

Today, Luke managed to run three and a half kilometers. After the run, he went back to the dorm and did the rest of the exercises on the list.

Again, he felt tired. Lying on the bedroom floor, Luke remembered the vials Jonah had given him yesterday.

The five vials contained potions to restore energy.

Potion and elixir are different.

People use elixir to increase magic power. Potions can play many roles.

There are healing potions, energy recovery, magic power recovery, stamina boost and others.

The most commonly used potions are healing potions. There are few people with the healer class, and this creates the need for potions.

This is one of the reasons why the Holy Class, one of the heroines, is so valued.

In addition to performing all the functions of a healer, this class can combat curses and dark magic enchantments (only demons and some heretics use this magic).

Luke looked at the potion vial, he was praying it tasted better than the elixir.

Swallowing the red liquid, no taste entered Luke's mouth, it felt like he was drinking water.

A few moments after swallowing, Luke felt refreshed.

It looked like he'd had the best night's sleep of his life, his body was full of energy and his muscles were no longer heavy.

Feeling that energy, Luke can only thank Jonah.

With all his energy restored, Luke was able to attend classes without sleep.

At night, he returned to the dormitory and consented to increase his magical power using the breathing technique.

That was Luke's routine for two months, the only thing he did different was take three more pills and an elixir.

At the beginning of the second month, he received money from his mother. He took the opportunity and visited Dan's shop once more.

As a result of the two months, Luke managed to achieve, as planned, the average E rating of magic power.

Margaret, the headmistress of the academy, happened to run into Luke randomly one day. She was shocked to feel Luke's surge of magical power.

Compared to her, which reached the initial SS rank, she is still weak. But she can't help but admire Luke's incredible growth in these two months.

Thanks to the hero's mark, she was able to reach a level of magic power that few in history have achieved.

Looking at Luke's development, the idea of ​​being outdone crossed his mind.

Now, she can only hope for the future.

......

Luke, at this moment, is sleeping peacefully in his room.

Suddenly, Luke felt like he was about to drown.

Startled, he woke up.

When all of Luke's senses aligned, he realized he was completely wet.

Besides him, the bed too.

"Good Morning."

Beside the bed, holding a bucket, was a gray-haired man. There was a bright smile on his face.

"This is the second time you've thrown water in my face, grandpa."

The man was Josedh. After two months and three days, he finally returned from his trip.

"It's my favorite way to wake people up."

Seeing that his grandfather had returned safe and sound, Luke wad overjoyed.

He got up and grabbed a towel to dry off. For once, Josedh closed the window, keeping out the cold wind.

"You've grown, huh. Not just physically, but your magic power has increased as well."

Josedh immediately noticed the change in his grandson.

"I think."

To Luke, he was still the same as he always was, but to other people he looked completely different.

Due to the exercises, Luke's body has developed.

His muscles grew, not to the point of being defined, and he grew taller.

Luke before the exercises was literally a skeleton.

"Don't waste any more time, let's go to the training room."

"OK."

Luke and Josedh came out of the dorms. As usual, it was still dark.

Both walked side by side. Along the way, Josedh told Luke about his trip.

Upon reaching the training room, Luke picked up a wooden sword. It's training, no need for real weapons. Also, both don't wear armor to protect themselves.

"Are you ready?"

Josedh asked, holding up his sword.

"Yes."

Both positioned themselves, just like the last time, Josedh was in a defensive posture.

Luke closed his eyes, breathed in through his nose and out through his mouth, concentrating.

Slowly, he opened his eyes.

At full speed, Luke closed the distance.

He moved the sword horizontally, Josedh followed the trajectory and defended.

Josedh felt his sword pushed back.

'Before, it was easier to defend your attacks.'

Two months ago, when their swords clashed, Josedh's sword wad never thrust like this.

After having his first attack blocked, Luke moved his sword again.

He turned his body one hundred and eighty degrees, aiming to hit the other side of Josedh's body.

Before Luke's sword hit him, Josedh swung his sword. This time, he used his overwhelming strength and cut through Luke's sword.

As the swords clashed, Luke's arm wad thrown back, leaving him helpless.

Josedh took the opportunity and swung his sword towards Luke's chest.

Obviously, he wouldn't hurt his grandson. He only intended to touch the tip of the sword to his chest.

Seeing the sword approaching, Luke moved the mana to his feet and created magic circles on the soles, generating two fire spells.

When released, Luke's body wad propelled upwards.

He didn't climb very high, but it was enough to dodge the attack.

'I'm glad it worked.'

Luke remembered his last battle with his grandfather, Josedh used wind magic to deflect the attack.

Luke thought about doing the same thing, but he couldn't move his hand in time.

Knowing this, Luke tried to create two magic circles on his feet to release two fireballs.

When the spells collided with the ground, they propelled his body upwards. In the end, it worked.

Josedh was shocked to see Luke dodge his attack.

Due to the fireballs, the floor wad left with two holes and the room wad covered by a cloud of dust.

Thanks to his heightened senses, Josedh felt Luke approaching him from above.

Immediately, he moved his sword to block the incoming attack.

He thought Luke was going to attack him with the sword, but to his surprise, what he saw entering the dust was a foot.

Luke, when descending, preferred to deliver a diagonal kick instead of using his sword.

Like an axe, the kick split Josedh's wooden sword in half.

When Luke landed on the ground, he quickly swung his sword towards Josedh.

This time, his grandfather didn't have a sword to defend.

[Earth wall]

Josedh used his magic to parry the attack and took a few steps back.

Luke wad shocked and upset to see his sword crash into an earthen wall.

That moment, Luke remembered.

Usually, people are born with only one talent, be it wielding a sword, spear, axe, casting magic, etc. There are people who are not born with talent, but try hard.

Josedh, like Luke, was born with an extraordinary talent for swordsmanship and magic.

Before Luke could remove his sword from the earthen wall, Josedh stirred.

[Cuts the wind]

This time, he used wind magic to destroy the earthen wall that was in front of Luke.

Luke's eyes filled with dirt, causing him to lose his sight.

Before he could even try to clear his eyes, a hard blow hit his jaw, making him lose consciousness.

In the end, it was another defeat.

3