Chapter -128: Epilogue
116 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl’s hands shook as she released the knife hilt, watching white hair dance in the breeze before falling to the ground like the snowflakes the owner of those white locks now dyed red. “… Why…” Scrambling across the ground she reached for one of the white haired girl’s hands, cupping the frail appendage in her own, pulling it close to her burning eyes. “… You, you’ll fix this, right?” Reasoning with a corpse wasn’t a good look for her sanity, but none in this bleached world could claim a flawless track record in that regard as it had all taken its toll on everyone. The number of troops in the camp they had settled down outside for their discussion was testament to such; only madmen would have followed the two on the three-pronged assault smelling of nothing but spite.

 

“You’ll- you’ll make it better… You always do…” Ragged breaths escaped her mouth as she shut her eyes tight, trying to rid herself of their itchiness a moment sooner. “At the siege we met… when supplies were low and everyone was weak… when everyone turned their backs on us…”

 

“You… You went back, right? Like you said you would…”

 

“I’m so sorry, for making you promise such a thing… I’m so sorry I told you to keep going… I- You’ve done so much… Nobody could have asked more of you…”

 

Her arms wrapped loosely around the rapidly cooling corpse, the warm pooling blood staining her clothes, a death sentence in the freezing temperatures.

 

“Whatever cursed you to keep going like this… Whoever did… I swear I’ll find them… I’ll get through this, I’ll save everyone in your place… I’ll… I’ll get revenge… I’ll find a way to br-”

 

The sobbing was drowned out by the savage winds.

 

“… It’s…”

 

“… so unfair…”

 

-128 is the lowest number possible for an 8-bit system, and may result from an integer overflow where the number went higher than the system was meant to account for.

2