7-
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-

-

As soon as Adel and Katrina approached the clan, they were welcomed by a green sight that displayed a garden encircling the clan.

The verdure, however, came to an end there, revealing 5 parts of structures with the following names inscribed on top of them:

- The outer disciples, whose names were cyan blue and matched the hue of the sky.

- The inner disciples, with a name in green that matched the hue of the garden.

- The core disciples, with a purple name like a star.

- The seed disciples, with a golden name that appeared to be made of pure gold.

Finally, there was the Clan Head's mansion, which served as the center of both, with inner and outer disciples on one side and core and seed disciples on the other.

As soon as the two of them walked in, they became the center of attention, as Katrina had never been with a guy in her life on the clan.

"Isn't that senior sister Katrina? What is he doing with her? Is it possible that she has finally consented to marry someone?" Though they were not the only ones chatting, one of the disciples in the group behind them asked another disciple who was near to him...

"Impossible! She's never approved of anyone in her life, so there's no reason for her to suddenly accept to someone's hand in marriage!

That only signifies the man beside her is a special guest who she will personally welcome into the clan!"

Despite the fact that chatters like these were all around them, Adel and Katrina continued walking straight to the clan head's residence, paying no heed to them...

-

As soon as they entered the home, they were greeted with yet another spectacle of grandeur, with practically everything made of gold, even the floor.

Aside from the luxury, the inside appeared to be rather plain.

It had a few windows that looked out onto the outdoors, and then a few rooms that were scattered throughout.

But what resembled the outside was the same design, as all of the apartments were arranged from left to right of a main chamber that appeared more elegant than others.

That chamber naturally belonged to Katrina's father and mother, who was his main wife, while the others belonged to his concubines, depending on their position in the sect.

-

After entering the main hall, Katrina turned to Adel with a solemn expression on her face and added, "Be wary, there are many dangerous individuals in the clan that may murder you indirectly, as you haven't touched upon any cultivation method.

Also, you may be unaware of the cultivation world since they will kill if they are even slightly irritated.

As an example, a Seed disciple who went out one day, kidnapped a female mortal with no cultivation, r*ped her, then murdered her just because she unintentionally bumped into him.

People are aware of it, but they are afraid to say anything because of his influence in the sect, which is equivalent to that of the clan's heirs.

However, if one heard the clan's head's sons referred to as heirs, they may believe that heirs compete with one another to become clan head...

That is just half-true, because the seed disciples battle alongside them with equal status.

Though there may be spies from other clans as inner disciples or even core disciples, there is a secret that prevents one from betraying the clan if they ever attain the head position.

Anyway, now that you're here, if anybody other than my mother and father are there, be formal and nice in their presence, but if it's just the two of them, be yourself." Katrina had finished, but she was still grinning foolishly at Adel...

But she had no idea Adel was talking to himself right now...

And because of his strong soul, which has yet to regain its power, he was able to digest many thoughts in a few seconds...

'That's right. Those morons who r*pe don't realize the implications; when they die, they'll determine the real meaning of hell.

And, as if I didn't already know about the horrific nature of the cultivation world, even back on Earth, for mortals, where everything was judged by modern society's laws, most dimensions were tainted...

As for mortals, corrupted politicians and kings of many countries don't care, and others don't give a damn about their public image.

Wicked mortals will pay for visual images, even live performances of other mortals being tormented, and will purchase sl.a.ves on the internet...

And what about the websites that aren't being dealt with? Who believes that, eh? They're only keeping them around to keep their secrets hidden. Or for their own twisted enjoyment...

But they'll all be punished by God's judgment by dying and going to hell anyhow...

Everyone is a hypocrite since they always put on an act for others to see, but the key is whether one admits that they are a hypocrite or not.

As an example, even in modern civilization, judges are bought to wrongly indict someone and send them to prison.

As previously stated in the book, the 7 emotions and 6 desires are what make one human, which in and of itself limits one's thinking, however depending on how it is employed.

Enough of that, I got diverted when I heard about the cultivation world; I believe my former body's existence is still affecting me...' Adel shook his head as he was again sidetracked, as he pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind.

After what seemed like a few seconds, he nodded to Katrina, who was still smiling blissfully, whereas he considered how to manage the current scenario without alerting Katrina's suspicions while remaining nice to both her parents...

-

Katrina exhaled a sigh of relief as she noticed Adel nodding without saying anything, as she had been worried that he might return if he discovered the brutality of the cultivation world.

But she thought it weird that he didn't mind, because he had always aspired to live a life free of dangers as a clan servant...

But she shook her head, not thinking too much about it, as she proceeded forward to her father's chamber...

-

When Katrina and Adel arrived, they were greeted by a middle-aged guy with a lengthy beard.

He kept his gray, long hair in a ponytail, revealing a sculpted, intimidating face. Brown eyes that fit snugly into their sockets.

His smooth skin complemented his nose and mouth, making him attractive despite his age.

That middle-aged man was sitting next to a woman who was stunning in her own right...

Her hair was golden and long, double braided, revealing a gorgeous, glowing face.

She seemed to have delicate skin that complemented her veiled black eyes, with lips that seemed to squeeze into a tiny line, and a nose that twitched on its own...

She seemed to be quite attractive, even comparable to some of the world's most beautiful women...

They were both dressed well and appropriately for their status.

It didn't tend to be overly pricey or too cheap; it was fairly modest.

Despite the fact that there were two persons in the visitors' area, the room had a hefty atmosphere:

Another middle-aged man was present, who looked his age despite his cultivation; which was weird as one would seem younger when he climbs up in the pathway, thereby extending his lifespan.

He had red, straight hair that fell over a strong, bright face, as well as opposing dark red eyes...

He had multiple moles distributed across his forehead, producing an effect that made you glance away as though a somber sensation emanated from him...

He was with a middle-aged woman who, despite her cultivation, seemed to be her age...

Her dark, grungy hair was tied back in a bun, revealing a long, weathered face with a set of sleepy brown eyes.

But there was something odd about her; there were scars going from just under her right eye, over her nose, and terminating above her right eye that didn't seem to heal...

It was more like a memento for her than than a scar...

In terms of clothing, they donned expensive-looking outfits that made them appear pretty lavish...

According to the energy fluctuations pouring out of them, they both appeared to be at the beginning of the third step in the energy cultivation system...

Adel, on the other hand, was frowning inwardly as he noticed something on them that no one else could see.

Their cultivation, as well as their appearance, did not appear to them to be unusual, which appeared to be due to their employing mind-manipulating arts to convince them that it was not strange.

Though what actually stood out in front of Adel was their cultivation, which had a wicked, or demonic, force that felt exceedingly ferocious inside their bodies.

It could only imply one thing: they were fiend cultivators who slaughtered or sacrificed people to increase their strength.

-

"Katrina. Say hello to your uncle and his wife, Hilbert and Elke.

They came here for a specific reason: to marry you to their child, but you already know that won't happen since we're actually discussing it right now "Katrina's father stated to her.

"Father, you are right! Needless to say, I've always said—and will continue to say—that I'll never marry a man unless I fall in love with him!" Katrina said in a dramatic manner, indicating Adel who was near to her, but afterwards got close to Adel and whispered something into his ear: "Oh, yes! My parents' names are Albrecht and Maud, which I haven't told you yet."

The uncle and wife (Hilbert and Elke) were displeased as they watched Adel and Katrina's exchange, since it seemed too intimate.

Adel, who was staring at everything, was dumbfounded. He then began revising some of his plans for his brief stay in her clan inwardly - but he didn't show it on the surface because he still appeared calm.

Adel, of course, saw through their plot as he read their minds with a bit of energy and his mind-reading arts.

The plan entails utilizing mind-manipulating skills on Katrina to get her to see their kid, after which he applies certain tempting ways and makes her fall in love with him, raising his standing in the clan substantially.

He then looked around, bowed slightly to Katrina's parents (Albrecht and Maud), and introduced himself: "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Klein, it is my honor to be able to speak with you." He thereafter repeated the process with Hilbert and Elke.

"Adel, the honor is mine. When my daughter was home, she was always talking about you." Maud (the wife) then winked at Katrina, who flushed and turned her head away.

"Hohoho, the honor belongs to me as well - Adel..." But then he stopped when he noticed the pair frowning, before saying, "...but we'll chat later because it's an important meeting." Albrecht said with a smile, implying Hilbert and Elke.

Katrina and Adel, for their part, nodded in agreement without saying much and exited.

-

'I have to avoid becoming involved in the clan's internal disputes since I can't manage fighting at my current level of weakness. Even if I could, it would be a pain to get things going the way I want them to. Politics are usually the worst—at least, they are for me.

Anyway, if some individuals are planning to hurt me and Katrina, I think I'll have to modify a lot of my plans...' Adel thought as he stepped outside, a wicked smirk on his face; modifying several of his plans to suit the present situation...

0