CHAPTER-03 My new Friend ‘Haruto’
92 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tendo woke up when he felt like something warm was caressing his hair. Just like his mom do in the morning to wake him up. Tendo opened his eyes expecting to see the dark brown eyes but instead, he found himself starring back at the forest green eyes of Asahi.

“You are finally awake. Wash up then come downstairs to have breakfast”, after saying this Asahi left the room and went downstairs.

After washing up Tendo exited the room in which he was staying. While moving towards the stairs he started to observe the house.

It was a small cottage that was well maintained giving a warm homey feeling. Opposite his room was another room that must be of Asahi’s.

The whole cottage was made up of wood and was decorated minimalistically. From the balcony, the captivating view of the morning in the forest could be seen.

As Tendo started to move downstairs, he could hear two people talking and their voices were coming from the kitchen.

“Who was patrolling the territory yesterday?”

“Alpha it was Dracon. He is a traitor, he let those people into our territory. And we have caught him before he could escape. Now he is in the dungeon”

“I’ll investigate him later. What about the house? Did you find anything?”

“No Alpha. They burned the whole house.”

“Ok… you can go back to the packhouse now.”

“Yes, Alpha!”

One voice was definitely of Asahi’s and the other voice Tendo couldn’t recognize.

He don’t know what they were talking about.

When he entered the kitchen, there was no one except Asahi who was making breakfast.

“Oh, you came. Sit at the breakfast table. I’ve made pancakes for you.”, Asahi brought the pancakes that were looking delicious dripping with honey.

 “We will talk about your schooling after you will be done with your breakfast.”

Tendo’s first day of new life started with Asahi was not bad. Asahi really took great care of him like how his parents used to do and he started to feel close to him. Asahi told him things about himself, he lived in that cottage alone and also told him that he killed those bad guys who killed his parents. He wanted to become stronger just like Asahi. 

"You are safe in my house. I will not let anybody hurt you".

He believed him because he had seen how he protected him in the jungle. He also told him that the most important thing in becoming stronger is to control his emotions.

Now he has to control his emotions, to cope with the fact that his parents are no longer in this world and the only person that is close to him now is Asahi. He started to like Asahi very much. 

Asahi told him that his school will be starting in a week. He was desperately waiting for the day he will join the school.

And there is this voice again that he sometimes hears in his head but didn't know how to respond to it. He hadn’t told Asahi about the voice yet. He is not ready to tell him about it. It's not that he doesn’t trust him, it's just… first, he has to know who that voice belongs to? Why he is hearing that voice? Is it normal to hear voices in your head?

His days before the starting of school went pretty smoothly, exploring the woods and visiting the pack house with Asahi, that’s what Asahi and all people there called that huge castle-like house where many people live together. He liked to visit that packhouse and play with his friends, his new friends that he made in the packhouse especially Haruto with his Charcoal eyes and sunshine appearance always radiating warmth and comfort.

Tendo was so happy about the fact that he will be attending the same school as Haruto. He liked spending time with him. 

After Asahi, Haruto was becoming the most important person in his life. He was the son of Beta, the person who was talking in the kitchen with Asahi that day.

Haruto was very intelligent. Though one year older than him, he knew a lot of things and he was the one who told Tendo all about the pack, alpha, beta, omega, etc.,

He remembered that day when they all were playing dodgeball in the woods that surrounded the packhouse. One of his new friends Jungwoo said; 

“I like Himari’s cooking it's better than how my mom cooks. That’s why I like visiting the packhouse”

“But you don’t visit the packhouse that much though.”, Reo said while dodging the ball.

“Yeah because I have to work with my father. You know pack duties", Jungwoo replied.

 “What’s a pack?”

And before he could stop himself, it was out of his mouth. 

“You don’t know what’s a pack?”; Reo asked with some shock and Tendo’s face started to turn red from embarrassment.

They all started giggling except Haruto who said;

“You guys stop it. Tendo and I will be exploring the woods. You guys can continue. We will be back after a while”, 

he said while taking Tendo’s hand in his. And they started to move towards the stream. They sat under the shade of a large Sycamore tree. And then Haruto started explaining everything to him. 

“Pack is a group of werewolves who live together. And the house in which we all live together is called a packhouse. I know you are now thinking about what are werewolves? 

I think your parents didn’t tell you ever about the werewolves. And I know what happened to your parents, my father told me. And I am sorry about that.

I don’t know why they never told you about it. But when we are born our first education is to know about who we are.

We are a pack of werewolves.

We live in a human society, communicate with them, interact with them, but our species is always a secrete to them. To them, we are just normal human beings.

Our wolf is a part of our being. We can fully transform into our wolf form when we are about 15 to 16 years old. And that’s when we can communicate with our wolf in our head and our bond with our wolf is formed.

And in a pack, every wolf has a rank. The topmost rank is Alpha who is the leader and is the most powerful in the pack. The second in command is the Beta who is my father. And then below the Beta rank are all omegas.

Every wolf has its own special ability; like my father wolf has a Herculean ability. His wolf is the most muscular and robust and can do all kinds of tasks that require great strength.

Alpha’s wolf is a speedster. And there are many more kinds of abilities like having a sharp steel like claws, transforming fur into pointy spikes, venomous bites or claws etc. 

I am small and my wolf hasn’t appeared yet so I don’t know what kind of ability I will have in the future but I really like Alpha’s ability, he is so powerful”

Then Tendo remembered when he met Asahi for the first time, what he saw wasn't his imagination, Asahi really can move so fast. One second Asahi’s was about 8 to 10 yards away from him and in the next second he was right in front of his eyes. 

And that voice, that also made sense now, it's his wolf voice. But how could he hear his wolf voice when Haruto just said that we can only hear our wolf’s voice when we are 15 to 16 years old. He wanted to ask about it from Haruto, but he wasn’t ready. First, he needed to discuss it with Asahi. 

Tendo felt like he was in some kind of a mysterious magical world where everything seemed so unrealistic. But he started to like this world where he have powers so he could protect the ones he love.

“I know what you are thinking about. Like you are in some kind of a fantasy world with werewolves and vampires”, Haruto said while laughing.

“And yeah werewolves are real and no vampires are not real. Who would like those creepy things that like to suck human blood like leeches? Ewe”

Tendo started to laugh at the sound of disgust that Haruto made.

“And we are not cannibalistic. We eat like human beings just a little more than them because our powers require lots of energy”

After that day Tendo started to admire Haruto. Haruto was a very nice, considerate, and helpful person. He always saw him helping someone in the packhouse, sometimes he was helping Himari, the pack cook during cooking, other times he was helping some other servents in different house chores. 

When the sun started to set then they remembered that they were talking for very long.

“It's getting dark. Let’s hurry back to the packhouse”, Haruto then said when he saw the setting sun.

That day when he went back to his home, Asahi’s house which is now his home, that’s what Asahi told him. He told Asahi everything that Haruto told him. 

“I was going to tell you about it before school starts. Because your school is of human beings and we can’t reveal our identity to human beings, otherwise this world will be in chaos. I can understand why your parents didn’t tell you everything about it because you are different. Yes, we all are different because we are werewolves but you… you are more different from us…. A different kind of werewolf, a rare one. I want you to know that it's not a bad thing, this rarity… it gives you a power… you are more powerful than any of us, that’s why those bad guys were trying to kill you. I’ve known this since the first time I met you in the woods. And you must know that you have to become stronger to defeat those bad guys.

I know that you have questions in your mind that you wanted to ask. I will answer each and every one of your questions. But first, listen to me carefully... I know you can hear your wolf in your heard and its appearing… and you can probably be able to transform into your wolf in 1 or 2 years… and you know our wolf appears only when we are reaching towards the 16.

Your parents must have been afraid to tell you all about this thinking that it’ll put you in grave danger if they let you know or might be they were waiting for the right moment to tell you… I don’t know the reason behind it but I am telling you all this because I want you to know that your enemy is not weak… those people that had killed your parents… I want you to prepare yourself…become stronger than them. So one day you can fight back.

One more thing, I want you to promise me that you won’t tell anyone about your wolf form… not even to Haruto. Ok?”, Asahi was saying while holding his hands, he always does that when he talks to Tendo and Tendo liked the feeling of his warmth, it gave him comfort like he is holding his father’s hands. 

“Ok. I will not tell anybody about it”, Tendo said in his meek voice.

“Good boy!”; Asahi said while kissing his head.

He picked him up and put him on his lap.

“Do you have any questions that you wanna ask now?”

“Umm, why did I feel that tingling sensation in my body when my hand was transformed that day? And why can't I communicate with my wolf?”

“Everyone feels that tingling sensation when they transform into their wolf. It means that their wolf is taking control of their body. And why you can’t communicate with your wolf now is because your bond with your wolf is very weak. And it hasn’t fully developed yet. You will be able to communicate properly when you can fully transform into your wolf form.”

That day he and Asahi talked almost the whole night.

Asahi told him many things, many legends about werewolves that human thinks are just myths.

He told him that their pack is called a Crescent moon pack, and it’s the strongest pack in the northern area. He also told him about his werewolf form that is called Lycan. Lycans were the first ones who were blessed by the moon goddess and were transformed into werewolves. They were the most powerful. Today’s werewolves are mutated and of mixed blood. And he is the only Lycan left in this world.

Tendo drifts into sleep on Asahi shoulder while talking to him and the last thought on his mind was that; 

Though the moon Goddess has taken his parents from him in return, She has blessed him with Asahi and Haruto that he loves the most now and he has to become stronger...

3