17 – 500 Year War | Demon’s Side
257 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Is this where I am?' Opening my eyes, I see some demons kneeling in front of me, sweating profusely.

"M-Mu-sama… Is there some-'' Perceiving that the demon stopped talking, I look around and see that the others stopped moving.

"....What?" Time being frozen, a notification appeared in front of me.

―――❁―――
Global Lost Quest
Altercation's Procedure
Difficulty - Impossible

You have now arrived in the history of the 500 year war. In spite of that, the end is now nearing for the demons! Lead the demons to effectively settle the divergence of history.

Condition to achieve: 

  • Lead the demons to victory ▶ [Taking in effect: Title 〈History's Defecator〉]
  • Effectively remove the mana roots in the battlefield ▶ [Taking in effect: Title 〈Neutralizer 《True》〉]
  • ??? ▶ [Taking in effect: Title 〈〉]

『After the quest is over, your character 〘Mu〙 may be possible to get NPC-fied.

Your power may be strengthened as hidden conditions are achieved. 』

Reward - [The Creator will decide your reward after the quest is over]

Failure of this quest will make history reset back to normal. Effectively making the singularity over. Title 〈Pitiful One〉 will be given upon failure.

《Pitiful One》

Ah, such pity. Not only do you fail, you also fail to divert history. I'm disappointed in you

Effect

Buff gaining chances will be fixed at 10%. Debuff given to you will have a chance of 100% and the effect will be increased by 1.75 more.

―――❁―――

'This quest is so brutal…. but this is what I want… a challenge. Status'

―――◊―――

Name: ??? 'Mu' ???

Race: Nephalem

Job: Demon Lord

Stats ▲

Abilities ▼

〈Divine-Demonic Manipulation〉〈Subordination〉〈Martial Arts〉〈Hustle〉〈Flight〉〈Dream Tectone〉〈Intimidation〉〈Combomancer 〔Passive〕〉〈Pillage 〔Passive〕〉〈Illusion〉〈Split〉〈Equilibrium〉〈Transmutation〉〈Zen State 〔Enlightenment〕〉〈Stealth 〔In-Depth〕〉 〈Transcendance〉

Titles ▼

〈Sinner〉〈Demon Sovereign〉〈Hopeful Achiever〉〈Enlightened One〉〈Progenitor〉〈Fallen Goddess of Equilibrium 〔Fake〕〉〈Sorrowful One〉〈Feather Or Rocks〉〈Shocker〉〈Holy Dark Bringer〉

―――◊―――

'I see.. So this is what they are. Dream Tectone, is it related to constructing? Pillage, chances of mimicking or entirely devouring the opponent skill… Brutal, I might say for a demon lord. Transmutation, morphing item or appearance of oneself. Stealth with the In-Depth, very useful for information gathering. Okay!'

Reviewing all my skills, I turned to look at my skills that I have on my first day.

―――◊―――
Divine-Demonic Manipulation
Racial Skill

Nephalem are able to both control the power of the holy and darkness element with ease.

―――◊―――

'Still the same? No, it feels more powerful and sharp. Then what about the Zen State? It is now enlightenment instead of madness.'

―――◊―――
Zen State 〔Enlightenment〕
Lost Skill

You have attained enlightenment hence you learn the harsh truth of the world. Siding with the demon, such blasphemy Gods say.

Effect

Increase your perception, abilities, and stats by 30%. Damage given to you decreased by 25%. Sub-skill 〈Final Stand〉 duration by 5 minutes. All debuffs are disabled upon reaching pure fatality state.

Passively activate skill 〈Charisma〉 and 〈Emotionless〉

―――◊―――

'I see. Split and Equilibrium seems sealed. Time seems to be slowly accelerating back to normal.'

"-thing wrong?" Time continued, I glanced at all my now subordinates and stood up.

"!" Perceiving, they stand upright.

"....Meeting Dismiss."

"Mu-sama, what?"

"All of you except Eri for now will be dismissed. I would like to have a talk before the inevitable begins." Hearing my intention, all except one demon stays inside and the door loudly clangs as they all exit except Eri.

…..

Walking toward the balcony, I watch the demons who are working happily and some who are grim with the situation. Silence brewed, I called out to her.

"Eri…"

"Yes, Mu-sama."

"Call me by my name, Eri. You know it's only my identity as a Demon Lord." 

'Eri... One of the most loyal subordinate of the Demon Lord. From the skill 〈Subordination〉, her kind is a cat-beast demonkind who's agility is their forte together with their reaction time and body flexibility.

Turning back to Eri, she feels my emotions in my eye.1

Faltering, she stopped as she contemplated before opening her mouth before me.

"C-Cameron K-kismet-sama… I'm very sorry that the situation has come to such a state."

There is silence but... Tears welled up in her, I could only watch her before she talked once again.

"We failed you, Kismet-sama. As such, this demon will take its life."

As soon as she tries to kill herself, I immediately manipulate the aether to hold her down.

"Wh-why. Kismet-sama after all this, why still fight for our kind. You have already done enough for our kind…. So why, why are you still fighting? Uuuu~"

Looking at her breaking down, a status seems to appear in front of me.

―――❁―――
One of the hidden conditions has been resolved. Demon Lord Name Revealed: Cameron Kismet

One of the sealed trait have been unlocked: Skill 〈Equilibrium〉 and Hidden Sealed Skill 〈Judgement〉
―――❁―――

'I see… Cameron Kismet. From what I know, Cameron can mean crooked while Kismet is fate combining them means Crooked Fate. Once again, how twisted, fate can such be. How pitiful, the demon lord is.'

"Why do I still fight, you say Eri? Are there any other reasons?"

".... It is because I have attained my enlightenment that I now know how harsh and cruel our world is. Gods that are no longer upright and just. Some succumbed to human desire and framed other gods including me."

"..."

"Fallen, I encounter your kind hoping that even such twisted narratives can be changed as I know you're not that kind of beings portrayed by the people. Such one feeble seed can grow eventually in the apocalypse."

"And all things must come to an end eventually, Eri. Even if I were to die, you and my people must hold on and fight."

*sniffs*

"So don't cry, Eri. For I am, will be with the rest of you after this is over.... I promise." 

"Keugh… Whaa… Kismet-sama! Uwaaa.."

Clenching me, I also hold her.

"There..there Eri. It's fine, it's inevitable indeed that there's nothing we can do except for dirtying our hands for the future of our people."

Caressing her head, I can only ignore the message that appeared in front of me.

―――❁―――
One Hidden Condition Achieved

Demonkind's Motive to Humankind: The Doom of Humankind → The Reconcilation, Preservation, and Acceptance

Sealed Trait Unlocked: Stat Points doubled 

―――❁―――

7