Chapter 5
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dr. Grim and Norvin ran together into the forest, meeting up with Sable while the lab facility exploded once the fire reached into the gas chamber. All of his works were gone in the ruins. As for the monsters that were stuck inside of it, they were gone.

Norvin looked at his blade and glanced at the scientist, “What are you going to do? Kill that eyeless experiment?”

“I don’t have the serum to experiment on the girl. All of my notes are gone as well…In that case, I still have my weapon,” he growled, showing teeth and faced the forest where they might have escaped. “I released some of my monsters in this forest. They should be killing them, but they have no brain. They don’t even recognize us.”

Sable asked, “So what’s going to be the plan?”

Dr. Grim said, “We should kill the eyeless experiment. He has the brain to do it and tells the authority to put me to prison. If he didn’t come with his friends, then I would have gotten the girl.” He sighed, “Let’s find the eyeless experiment.”

Norvin used his enhanced senses to smell the blood. When he looked down, there was a long trail of blood leading into the forest. Mason was bad at covering his trail. He pointed, “I think the eyeless one left a trail for you.” He grinned.

Dr. Grim smirked and then they followed the trail of blood.

The trail took them to the same place where Kai-lan and Mason went. As they followed the trail of blood on the ground, trees and bushes, they eventually caught up with the others, hearing distant voices from afar. Dr. Grim held his breath after hearing a familiar voice from Toxic.

He whispered under his breath, “I hear them.”

They stopped behind the bushes, spying. Norvin and Sable observed the group, listening to their conversation.

Since the experimental monsters were nearby, Dr. Grim wanted to end the eyeless experiment’s life. He ordered Norvin, “Go kill him now.”

Norvin blinked, “Are you serious?”

“The experiments are nearby. Just kill him. Sacrifice your life for me.”

Norvin hissed, “NOT HAPPENING!”

Suddenly, a needle almost hit near to Norvin’s shoes.

Toxic came over to the spot upon hearing their voices, “Who’s there?” He looked down, noticing the three enemies hiding. He growled, taking out his red potion from the bag. “I swore that I killed you!”

Sable gasped, standing up and stayed away from him as he raised his arms defenselessly. “I am not an experiment but a human!”

Toxic snarled, “Don’t play innocent with me!”

Satin and Jeffreyrey noticed Sable from the bushes. Satin growled, “Dad!” He ran toward him. “You have to go to jail! No matter what! It’s wrong to kidnap Kai-lan!” He rushed toward Sable, butt then Sable scattered into the forest, running away in fear.

Jeffreyrey held Satin back. “Don’t chase after him. He might get killed.”

Cypress sighed, “Monsters over here are brainless.” He opened his eyes, “In that case… they are here!”

The forest rumbled with monster grunting sounds and groaning. Cypress heard them from all around. “We need to keep them away. I think the scientist created a scent to lure them here” He faced the woods.

Moonshine stood up, wagging her tail.

Chase took out his two swords, holding in both hands. “I see. Let’s fight them.”

Cypress, Moonshine, and Chase went into the woods to fight monsters nearby. The sounds of slashing were heard as the unseen monsters cried in the darkness.

Mason clenched his fists, “I can’t believe you followed us here.”

“You left a bloody trail,” Dr. Grim grinned, “Do you think that I can lose you that easily?”

Norvin growled, “I’ll fight you again!”

Mason created blood spikes from his hands, glaring at him, “I can stab you in the heart. You are outmatched for me. You don’t have any elemental ability to win against me.”

Norvin’s legs were shaking unconfidently, remembering what Dr. Grim had said to him about sacrificing his life. He shook his head to the side, “No…” he lowered his blade and his breathing lowered as he was thinking about his lifeline.

Toxic quickly threw a tranquilizer dart under his sleeves, pinning it against his neck. Norvin suddenly fell asleep and slept on the ground. He sighed, “That psychopath is down.”

Mason blinked, lowering his attacks. “That quick?”

Toxic said, “I probably threw a potion that made him feel less aggressive for one hour until he returns to normal. As for the scientist, he must be brought to jail.” He glared at Dr. Grim, standing in the bushes with the laser sword.

Dr. Grim looked hesitated, glancing around. Knowing that the experimental monsters were out haunting in the forest, he leaped upwards toward the tree branches, hanging onto it.

Toxic threw a sleep dart and Dr. Grim slashed it away.

Dr. Grim said, You may win but you’ll never catch me.” He quickly leaped from a branch to another nearby branch to escape.

Toxic sighed frustratedly, lowering his dart. “What a weak man.”

Mason growled bitterly. “I wanted to kill him, and he has nowhere to go. Where are we going to find him?”

Toxic said, “Let him go for now. He may return to his lab, but everything is in the ash.”

Cypress shouted from a distance, “We have to head back home! The monsters are nearby and I’m killing every one of them and some were harder for me take down!” He backed away and his clothes were almost torn apart.

Toxic heard, “We better go…” He turned to Satin and Jeffrey, “Let’s head over to my home and stay for the night, shall we?”

Satin nodded, “Yeah.”

Moonshine and Chase the knocked down the last experimental monster together before it could get back up.

Toxic pointed his head in the south where he could see the sun was rising. “Let’s go home this way. The sun is over there.”

The monsters ceased a little once the sun was beginning to rise. Everyone had survived the night. Sable and Dr. Grim wandered into the woods in their separate ways. Norvin was left on the ground, asleep. The monsters were sent to sleep as the sight of the sun blinded their eyes, causing them to retreat into the darkness.

The forest was clear under the soft morning light. Mason, Kai-lan, Chase, Cypress, Moonshine, Satin, and Jeffrey followed Toxic back to his home where Scale might have waited for them all night since dinner was supposed to be ready.

0