Trivia Chapter 2: Magnified Problem
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The same as the first trivia chapter. This one isn't required to understand the story. It is just to connect to later series.

 

Dear readers.

It has been more than a time since I was sent on this mission by Her Unholiness.

The side effect of the clash between omniversal inhabitants are truly terrifying.

The black mass of the Great Mother of Thousand Youngs was nowhere near this cluster of multiverses, yet it corrupted most of the local higher beings.

I could not directly interfere. Only by subtle change from outside the multiverses that I have any hope of repairing the damage without causing more causal effect on the native nature.

I had to be extra careful. This cluster isn’t bound to any of omniversal inhabitants that I know of, but no one can say if there isn’t anyone who were eyeing for it.

These reservoirs of untouched creation are always a huge attraction to the Grand Gods.

A mere preacher like me even so slightly tainted them with my thought could invite catastrophic consequences.

 

Just as that thought settled on my mental note. A mighty intruded my workspace.

 

From nothingness, quantum fluctuation gave birth to matters and anti-matters.

The sheer will of the honoured guest divided these particles into parts.

Subtle sounds could be heard by my will.

 

Schematic downloaded!

 

By a twist of physics, these parts combined, divided, organised into a being.

Ebony fabric covered the humanoid. Strips of grey and illuminated red light decorated the suit.

The grey lines divided the suits giving more visual cues to the lean frame in the knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders, and neck.

Meanwhile, the red light was like veins or tree roots spreading from the back of his neck.

 

Personality processing!

Complete!

 

The signals I could perceived from this “avatar” was all too familiar to me. “Greeting, Agent 9.”

The young man in skin-tight suit gave a bow in return.

“What invited the herald of Deus to my workspace?”

Deus is the shorten title of the God of Machine, colleague of Her Unholiness.

“The Lord wished for your caution in conduct.”

What could this mean?

“I am but a humble preacher carrying Her Unholiness’ will. Could it be that the Lord of Cyberspace demands my cessation?”

With the same tone and volume, the avatar repeated.

“The Lord wished for your caution in conduct.”

I could feel a softer feeling being put into it, like a request rather than a command.

If Deus deemed my work here is unbeneficial to his design, this avatar wouldn’t be here.

The fact that the avatar is here tells that the Machine God doesn’t want to interfere with Her Unholiness’ work.

Then why the ambiguous warning?

The way of the Lords is truly mysterious. If I have to explore their train of thought, the thought of those that calculate it all, process it all, then Deus must have decided that just this warning would be enough. It would be enough to cause whatever in the future to happen or to not happen. By making such thing to happen or not happen, the future where Deus desires would turn reality.

That would be how I imagine those of the higher table thought.

If that’s the case, whatever action I decide next is guaranteed to have fallen into His prediction.

Well, perhaps I don’t need to worry too much then.

“This humble preacher shall comply with the Lord’s will.”

“and…”

Hmm? There are still more?

“EROS is watching at your direction.”

 

A@$T7?!?

 

EROS…?!

Why? Why would that Lord be observing me?

EROS, not to be mistaken with Eros, his lesser aspect, is a primordial God.

He may not be on the same league as Deus or Her Unholiness, but he is still an outer member of the Circle of Baphomet, and a Grand God himself.

What does the Primordial of Reproduction want?

I know for a fact that EROS has a relation with Her Unholiness due to him being patron of lovers.

Why is he on the lookout?

Wait a second.

No. It could not be.

The Circle of Baphomet is an association of many Grand Gods, Deus ex Machina, Ba’al of Canaanite, The Abrahamic God… Her Unholiness included.

EROS himself often acts as the initiator and investigator of the Circle.

If EROS is on the move, it is very likely due to some inner members of the Circle.

To those Grand Gods, Omniversal Inhabitants, a multiverse is no larger than an atom in comparison to a mountain. They don’t directly get their hands on something as small as a multiverse. When even your stray thought could bring a huge churn of universes to oblivion, you have to employ beings of lesser magnitudes to do smaller works.

To be even more considerate, Agent 9 made an avatar to communicate and EROS was watching. Just the effect of those actions is enough to change the landscape of a multiverse.

The big question is which Grand Gods was having an interest in my activities here?

Brahman? Khaos? Nun? The Central Master of Heaven?

At least, I could assure Baphomet is not one of them. He rarely takes interest in anything else beside the Circle’s collaboration projects.

So who is it then? Gaia? Nyx? Tezcatlipoca?

“My work is complete. I shall bid my farewell.”

The avatar disintegrated into the nothingness where it came from.

I, too, disintegrated into deep thought, contemplated what my next move should be.

0