CHAPTER TWENTY: THE WITCHES OF THE ‘HORNY’ GOD
493 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gabriel smiled and accepted the quest. Originally this quest takes a bunch of time, as you have to research at the different libraries across Roma and consult all manner of experts. Thankfully the original player who completed this quest posted about it on the forums as a form of bragging because it was only a one-time quest and no one else could complete it. Not until Gabriel arrived on the scene at least.

 

“Not a problem sir! Let us go to your daughter I will need to meet her, to make a correct judgment and resolve this problem for you both” Gabriel declared.

 

[Manius] called a carriage quickly and urged Gabriel to board it before ordering the driver to take them home at the fastest possible speed. They arrived at a fairly large compound shortly after entering through the gates. Gabriel noticed that inside the compound was two buildings, one large two story house and one large looking warehouse that had a pair of High-level guards at the entrance.

 

The house was modest in its scope but Gabriel could tell that all of the items inside were of the highest order. Gabriel followed [Manius] to the top floor which seemed to only contain two massive rooms. They entered one of the rooms and inside was a large four poster bad. A young lady just on the cusp of her teens with beautiful firey red hair, was laying down on the bed. She was in her sleeping clothes, with a hand tightly clutching the bulla necklace around her neck, it was made of gold and shined with strange carvings. A Bulla was a locket given to every child at birth in Roman culture, it was meant to ward off evil. Depending on your wealth and status they came in all different styles and materials. The young lady seemed to be needing it now more then ever.

 

[Manius] hurried over to the bed and lightly shook the young lady.

 

“Diana my darling. Wake up. You are having nightmare.” Diana whispered in his daughter's ear.

 

The young lady seemed to visibly calm down at the sound of her father’s voice. Her eyes fluttered open, looking around the room in drowsiness before landing on her father.

 

“Papa.... I didn’t know you were home already.... did you have a good day at work? I would have made you some dinner but I still feel so tired.... I'm sorry” Diana said in a soft sleepy voice.

 

“Don't worry my dear. I’m not hungry, you just focus on resting. Papa has bought a friend here to help you with your nightmares. He can help. His name is....” Diana questioned after seeing Gabriel.

 

[Manius] just realized he never asked for Gabriel’s name. Both daughter and father looked to Gabriel. He didn't answer straight away, as the drained sight of Diana's face gave him a sharp pain in his chest. Her face overlapped with his sister Jane's. In his last life, the long nights of drugs and abusive boyfriends caused her to look like a walking corpse. Gabriel had left home early in Jane's teens and only saw her a year before he was captured. She had a lifeless appearance to Gabriel then and that was before her death. His semi-fake compassion which he's presented to [Manius] previously in regards to his daughter's condition, had subconsciously become very real.

 

“Hello Diana. My name is [Osiris], it is a pleasure to meet you. Your father has told me that you have been feeling unwell. I believe I can help. Could you let me take a closer look at you?” Gabriel asked in a gentle voice.

 

Diana looked up at Gabriel after he finished introducing himself. With his large frame, Northman style beard and piercing eyes. To a young lady of Diana's age a man of Gabriel's stature and bearing, gave off quite an over bearing presence. Not including with all his armour and weapons, Gabriel looked like he was dressed for a war. Diana couldn’t help staring at his eyes though. They were a gentle blue, with shades of light purple. As they stared at her, she felt nothing but gentle warmth.

 

“Hello Uncle [Osiris]. My name is [Diana]. Thank you for your help and sorry for troubling you” [Diana] said with a her tired sweet voice.

 

[Diana] threw Gabriel a beautiful smile, even with her fatigued and sweaty face, looked adorable. Gabriel made his way over to her bed and sat on the side. Lightly touching Diana’s forehead and looking her over. He was only putting on a show for the pair, as Gabriel already knew the cause. But the care in his eyes for Diana, was no longer for show. After Gabriel finished off with looking over Diana, he turned to her father [Manius]. The whole time he was standing behind Gabriel with a nervous look on his face.

 

“It’s the same thing that took my sister. Don’t worry [Manius] I know how to fix this. I just need you to trust me for a moment and answer a couple of my questions” Gabriel declared, overflowing with confidence.

 

“Anything you need [Osiris]. Just say and it will be yours. What do you need money, special ingredients or potions?” [Manius] asked with a face full of hope.

 

“No nothing like that. I just need to know a couple of things. Did you hire any new staff recently, specifically a woman?” Gabriel asked.

 

[Manius] was visibly surprised by Gabriel’s words.

 

“Yes, as a matter fact I did. I hired two new maids in the last two weeks. I had two maids suddenly leave my service recently as they were moving to the City States of Mederva. They left quite abruptly though which put me in a pickle as I needed someone to watch over Diana while I worked. The new maids came recommended from one of the local Baronesses I have dealings with though and when Diana got sick, I watched them to make sure they weren't poisoning her food or anything.” [Manius] replied to Gabriel.

 

Gabriel started pacing the room while replying to [Manius] for dramatic effect.

 

“Was the lady who recommended the maids be a [Baroness Mengrel] by any chance?” Gabriel asked while showing a knowing smile.

 

“How did you know [Osiris]?” [Manius] asked with a face full of surprise.

 

“It’s as I thought. That dastardly woman is at it again. [Manius] Please do me a favor and call the two maids into the room, just give them any old reason but don’t cause any suspicion” Gabriel said.

 

[Manius] looked at Gabriel for a moment but seeing the earnestness in his eyes decided to do as requested and went outside to get the maids. Gabriel then looked over at Diana who was lying on the bed looking very confused and scared.

 

“Don’t worry Diana, we will have you out of that bed in no time. What you see next may scare you but don’t fear I will make sure no harm comes to you” Gabriel said in a soothing voice.

 

Diana relaxed a little and nodded her head. [Manius] returned shortly after with two women in tow. Both looked like ordinary maids, with tanned skin and weathered faces from working in the sun for many years. They both looked around the room and noticed the strange warrior standing by the side of Diana’s bed.

 

“What can we do for the young mistress master Manius? We still haven’t finished the laundry yet”

 

One of the maids took the lead to ask, looking like the older of the two.

 

“Hello ladies. My name is [Osiris] and I was the one who asked [Manius] to call you here. I have a couple questions I need to ask you before you can return to your duties. If you don’t mind.” Gabriel said.

 

Gabriel continued not giving the chance for the pair to speak or decline.

 

“I understand you have just recently come into the employ of [Master Manius]. Could you please tell me if before working here you were under the employ of the [Roshchester] Family?” Gabriel questioned.

 

“Yes, that is true sir” The older maid replied with cool confidence.

 

“Before the [Roshchester] you were also employed with the [Graters] family in [Stormhaven] correct?” Gabriel pressed.

 

The two maids were both visibly shaken now. The older one sent a sharpened glance at Gabriel before giving a reply.

 

“I don’t understand the reason for your questioning good sir”

 

“My reasons are my own it does not matter to you. Now answer the question” Gabriel retorted with force.

 

Gabriel growled out the last part while he took a step forward. His eyes taking on more purple then blue every second.

 

“Yes.... we were also under the employ of the [Graters] family too” The older maid reluctantly replied.

 

“Is it not also true that during the time of your employment for both families, they had a daughter of Diana’s age that also fell ill and to eventually perish? Most people attributing the cause to an unknown poison” Gabriel questioned.

 

The younger of the maid’s decided to step up and proclaim their innocence. While the older one took tentative steps backwards towards the door, she had a bad feeling about this situation.

 

“I don’t know what you're insinuating sir. Are you trying to say we are the reason for young mistress’s illness. That we have poison here. [Master Manius] has kept us under strict watch since we have arrived. We also do not make her meals so when do we have the chance to poison her? What reason would we have to poison the young mistress?” The younger maid defended.

 

“I said that people ‘thought’, the cause was poison not that it was.” Gabriel explained with a pause on 'thought'.

 

Gabriel took a couple of steps towards Diana’s bed and looked at the young lady with a gentle smile.

 

“Hold on to the bed Diana and remember don’t be scared” Gabriel said to [Diana] in a soft voice.

 

Diana looked really confused now and grabbed both sides of the bed tightly before nodding at Gabriel. After he saw she was ready. Gabriel lifted his foot and kicked the side of her bed with enough force to push it the side.

 

[Manius] audibly gasped at what was carved into the wooden floor underneath the bed. A large pentagram was there glowing in a sickly green colour.

 

Gabriel turned to the two frightened maids.

 

“Can either of you explain why there is a pentagram of vitality beneath the bed and by the looks of it, it's a life siphon ritual at that. I wonder were the siphoned off life leads too.... [Baroness Mengrel] perhaps?” Gabriel confidently questioned.

 

Gabriel smirked at the two maids before they finally panicked. The younger maid pulled out a sharp silver knife from her sleeve. The blade was coated in a sickly green colour looking to be a type of poison before lunging at Gabriel point first. While the older maid made her way to the door.

 

Gabriel had been expecting this and quickly used [Summon Medjay]. A large warrior wielding a Khopesh and Scorpion-shield rose from the ground next to Gab. He was wearing a traditional Nemes on his head and had the look of a veteran warrior.

 

“Grab the maid by the door. Restrain her but don’t kill her” Gabriel ordered.

 

Gabriel commanded the Medjay as he sidestep the knife thrust from the younger one. Gabriel grabbed onto the maid's wrist as it came past and moved it to her back bringing the arm with him. With the arm twisted behind her back the maid couldn’t use the dagger. Gabriel wrenched the arm up towards her head and after a series of popping noises the maid finally let go of the dagger.

 

[You have disarmed your opponent]

 

Catching the blade on its descent with his left hand Gabriel thrust the blade deep into the maids side. The maids whole body stiffened up before toppling over after Gabriel released his hold.

 

[You have slayed 1x Wicca Witch LVL 5 – EXP 500]

 

Gabriel put the dagger in his inventory before turning around to see the [Medjay] had the older maid pinned to the ground. Gabriel got down in a crouch and stared at the maid eye to eye. The purple glowing dangerously. He didn’t speak to her and just waited. Eventually the older maid couldn’t take it any longer and shouted at Gabriel.

 

“You don’t know who you are messing with! Our coven is large and powerful if you mess with us. The [Horned God] won't let you off. You better release me. I will tell you how to break the siphon if you do” The older maid yelled.

 

“Ahhh you seem to misunderstand why I asked my [Medjay] here to restrain you and not kill you. I am not afraid of your ugly Pagan God or your coven. In due time I will destroy them both for the things your kind commit. I also don’t need you to tell me how to break the siphon, I know how to do that. I plan to reverse the siphon to give back Diana’s health and I need a able body to do that” Gabriel declared with fake pity laced in his voice.

 

“Medjay! Place her in the ritual circle and hold her there” Gabriel ordered.

 

Gabriel turned to [Manius] and [Diana] who were both now on the bed. During the scuffle [Manius] made his way over to his daughter and shielded her with his body.

 

“Don’t worry guys it will all be over soon. [Diana], can you do a favor for me. I need you to close your eyes and cover your ears. Can you do that for me please?” Gabriel asked with a now gentle voice.

 

“Mm” [Diana] nodded

 

[Diana] nodded and quickly complied. [Manius] still looked terrified but was keeping it together for her sake.

 

“What is going on [Osiris] if I am not wrong those were Wicca Witches, why are they attacking my family?" [Manius] questioned.

 

“I will explain all in due time [Manius] for now we are running out of time as the Siphon is running out of power” Gabriel said in a hurry.

 

Gabriel got down on one knee and looked at the pentagram. Looking at the multiple symbols making up the lines of the start. ‘God, I hope I remember how to do this correctly’. Gabriel took out the maid’s dagger and carved out a couple of extra symbols around the star. Once the last symbol was altered the pentagram lit up with a bright green light and started to suck the energy out of the maid in the middle.

 

Accompanied with her screams was what looked like a green ball of smoke gathering above her body. The ritual continued for the next 30 seconds before petering out and losing all colour as the maid in the middle was nothing but a dried-up husk now. Gabriel gently grabbed the green smoke ball and went over to [Diana]’s side. He lightly pressed the ball into her chest as the smoke started to seep into her pores before vanishing.

 

[Diana]’s pale face started to recover a rosy complexion and the grey parts in her hair was replaced with a vibrant red. She opened her eyes to see Gabriel looking down at her with a big goofy grin on his face.

 

“I feel so much better now Uncle [Osiris]. Thank you so much!!” [Diana] exclaimed.

 

[Diana] was so excited she threw her little arms around Gabriel’s neck and squeezed him as hard as she could manage. After Gabriel got out of the little lady’s choke hold. He told her she needed to rest some more before she was 100%. Gabriel then ordered his [Medjay] to grab the two maid's bodies and take them out side before unsummoning him.

 

[Manius] followed Gabriel outside before listening to him explain what happened. How the maids were actually witches in the employ of the Baroness and were using a siphon to feed off [Diana]’s energy. Gabriel didn’t know why they were doing it but he was sure to find out.

 

[Manius] was so thankful for Gabriel’s help that he couldn’t stop shaking his hand. Then [Manius] said the thing Gabriel had been waiting for.

 

“I don’t have much money as I spent a lot on remedies for Diana but I will give you all I can spare. I will offer you something that many people have sought me after to learn for years. I am a [Runesmith] by trade and the one of only two in the entire city. I would be happy to offer to teach you, my craft. What do you say?” [Manius] offered.

 

[Quest Completed! A Father’s Dreams and a daughter nightmare]

Rewards:

  • x200 Gold
  • 5% light affinity
  • Familiarity with [Manius] and [Diana] Increased to level [Family]
  • Chance to learn [Unique] profession [Runesmith]
  • 1x Novice Rune smithing tool kit

[Would you like to learn profession [Runesmith]? - WARNING: players can only have one main profession and one sub-profession. Make your choice wisely, as it is unchangeable, unless with a higher gods intervention]

 

Gabriel clicked ‘Yes’ with no hesitation.

 

[Congratulations! You are now a [Novie Runesmith]]

  • Unlocked skill - [Novice Engraving]
  • Unlocked passive skill [Nimble hands]
  • Unlocked knowledge [Basic runes]
  • +5 Dexterity and +5 Intelligence. With every promotion of profession.

 

“Excellent! Now follow me to my workshop and I will show you the ropes. It was always my dream to have an honest apprentice with good moral character” [Manius] said with a face filled with happiness.

 

Gabriel followed [Manius] with a shit–eating grin on his face. He had a quick look at his stats before walking into the workshop.

 

Character Name:

Osiris “God of Death”

Race:

Human/Northman

Level:

7

Profession level:

1

Health:

180/180

Mana/Rage:

(M) 50/50 (R) 160/160

Light Alignment:

5%

Dark Alignment:

0%

Class:

Medjay

Profession:

Novie Runesmith

Armor Value Total:

50

Movement speed:

124

Faith Alignment:

None

Blessings:

None

Renown:

200 (Unkown)

Infamy:

0

Gold:

213

Silver:

110

 

ATTRIBUTES:

Value:

Strength: (Every point adds +5 to Rage):

7 (+20)

Endurance (every point adds +5 to HP):

6 (+15)

Agility (every point adds +1 to Speed):

6 (+23)

Dexterity:

11(+3)

Intelligence:

10

Wisdom:

5

Luck:

0

Charm:

5 (+15)

 

Skill list:

  • Short Blade mastery – LVL3
  • Long blade mastery – LVL 1
  • Axe mastery - LVL2
  • Disarm –LVL 2
  • Inspect- LVL 1
  • Unarmed combat – LVL 3
  • Passive Skill – Smooth Talker [Unique]
  • Summon Javelin – LVL 1
  • Heavy Chop - LVL 1
  • Heat of the Desert – LVL 1
  • Sun Flare –LVL 3
  • Weapon skill – Summon [Medjay]

Profession Skill list:

  • [Novice Engraving] - 10% chance to apply basic runes to weapons and armour
  • Passive skill - [Nimble hands] - 15% increased speed of crafting
  • [Basic runes] - Can carve basic Ruins: Armor penetration, Toughness, Lightweight, Absorption and Light
21