CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: JOURNEY TO EAGLE PEAK
442 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tom arrived first to the Auction House. He was waddling towards Gabriel with a large hammer strapped to his back. His character in D.O was so similar to his real-life image it was uncanny. As he was playing a Dwarf, he had a small but round build. With his trademarked slicked back hair and large Dwarven beard, he looked like a stereotypical Dwarf.

 

“Gab... is that you??” Tom questioned.

 

Tom started to do circles around Gabriel, inspecting every inch of him. He looked mildly impressed.

 

“Not bad, you somehow look less ugly. Maybe this time if we try to talk to some ladies, you might not scare them off” Tom joked.

 

Gabriel just laughed and slapped Tom on the back hard, making him stumble.

 

“You look literally the same. By the way bro... can you do me a favor and call me by my game name - [Osiris] when in Deliverance online.” Gabriel asked with a serious smile.

 

“Yeah, that’s fine... but you have to call me by my game name as well!” Tom rebutted.

 

Tom had a suspicious looking smile on his face. That made Gabriel scared to ask what his name was.

 

“That’s fine... What is it?” Gabriel asked.

 

“It’s... [The-Gorgeous-Gremlin]!” Tom declared while pointing a hand to the sky.

 

Gabriel sighed; he should have known it would be a stupid name.

 

“Okay I will call you [Gremlin]… oh look here comes the others” Gabriel acquiesced.

 

Before Tom could correct Gabriel, he noticed where his friend was pointing. A group of four were making their way towards them. With a beautiful strawberry-blonde leading the way while waving excitedly. Tom turned zombie and just stood there with drool slowly filling his mouth.

 

[Phat-Cat] arrived in front of Gabriel first, she went for a hug on impulse before ejecting half way through. Leaving her with arms extended and Gabriel looking at her with confusion. Her ears started to turn red and she awkwardly put one hand up in a high-five. Gabriel blasted her with a wide smile and slapped her hand.

 

“Sup [Phat-Cat]. You look great!” Gabriel said with a gentle smile.

 

Gabriel meant the fact she had some decent equipment this early in game, looking decked out in at minimum (Uncommon) equipment. She of course thought he meant just in general and blushed before hearing her friends chuckle behind her. She sent them a glare and stepped to the side, allowing them to say hi to Gabriel too. [Rex] took the lead.

 

“Hello Mr. famous! I saw your videos on Krypto, they were awesome. Especially the fight with the [Goblin Chief]. [Rex] announced.

 

“Yeah [Osiris] you will get some groupies before you know it. At that time remember your brother [T]” [T] cosied up to Gabriel with some puppy eyes.

 

“Hi Brother [Osiris]! I met a beautiful sister call [Fortuna]. She said I was special!” Mouse declared loudly, with a huge smile. Mouse was still wearing the straw hat on his dwarf head the party looted from the {Draugr Quartet].

 

Gabriel replied to the two brothers while giving them some bro-fists. He then patted [Mouse] on the shoulder before saying.

 

“Thats great [Mouse]. I bet she told you not to tell anyone that though, right?" Gabriel whispered in Mouse's ear.

 

“That’s right! How did you know?” Mouse looked up with surprise.

 

“Well let’s just say another goddess told me the same. So just keep it a secret between us, okay?” Gabriel said with a mysterious smile.

 

“Okay!” Mouse agreed straight away.

 

Gabriel then turned to Tom and introduced everyone, saying his name was [Gremlin].

 

“So, what’s the quest [Osiris]?” Rex asked.

 

Gabriel shared the quest with everyone and invited them to a party.

 

[Quest received: Coven of the [Horned God] (Advanced) (Chained) Part I]

 

Task 1. Find out the location of the local Coven

Task 2. Find out their current plans

Task 3. Report to [Manius] or [Captain Brutus]

Bonus objective. Find evidence confirming [Baroness Mengrel] involvement with the [Horned God] coven

 

Rewards:

  • 2000 EXP
  • Depending on who you report to, you will either receive a profession specific item or a weapon up to [Rare] from the Imperial armory
  • If all objectives completed - [Unique] reward

 

Gabriel then explained what the plan was to everyone. He once again skipped the research stage as he already knew where the hidden manor of [Baroness Mengrel]. It was about a half days march to the south of Roma, at the top of a small mountain located at the bottom was a small Village. That was their first destination.

 

After leaving the city walls, they walked through some farmlands before reaching small forest of trees. Gabriel called a halt and warned them all that this forest was covered with LVL 10-15 [Dire Bears]. They weren’t hard to defeat but could soak up the damage if not attacked at their head or underbelly.

 

Gabriel handed Tom the skill book he saved, [Grand Slam] and gave him the blacksmith kit he got for him as well. Gabriel told him not to pick a profession because the one he wanted Tom to get required him to be LVL 15 first.

 

The party worked well together and only ran into 3 [Dire Bears] on the way. With the brothers acting as tanks, Gabriel and Tom as DPS with [Phat-Cat] and Mouse providing ranged fire, they made quick work of them. Gabriel knew the [Wolfpack] were all good fighters but was surprised by Tom’s skill with his two-handed hammer.

 

After another hour they arrived at the small village at the foot of a mountain. The mountain was aptly named [Eagle peak], as it was shaped like an eagle's head with an outcropping sticking out the side looking like a beak. On that large outcropping Gabriel knew was [Baroness Mengrel] mansion and the site of the witch’s Coven.

 

The village had a desolate aura around it, the people looked underfed and scurried back to their houses at the sight of the party. The villagers seemed to fear their own shadows. One little girl was sitting next to a dried-up fountain in the middle of the village, she hadn’t noticed the party as she was playing with a beaten-up teddy bear.

 

Gabriel made all the guys pause their approach and asked with his eyes for [Phat-Cat] to talk to her first. She nodded and made her way over.

 

“Hello little lady, what a lovely bear you have there. What’s its name?” [Phat-Cat] asked with a soft voice.

 

The girl stood up startled at the sight of the unfamiliar people. She looked no older than five, wearing a tattered white dress with flowers on it. Her hair was tied up in pigtails. She finally noticed that [Phat-Cat] was asking questions about her bear and all the fear in her eyes vanished as she excitedly explained.

 

“His name is [Billy]! I used to have a friend called [Billy] but he went to work for the scary ladies at the top of the mountain and I haven't seen him for a while now. He always liked playing with my bear, so I thought if I named him [Billy], it might make the real [Billy] come visit me!” The little girl explained without barely taking a pause to breathe.

 

She explained it all with the innocence only a child could have.

 

“Sarah! Sarah! Where are you? Dinners ready!” A voice called from somewhere in the village.

 

“Oh! That’s my Mum, I need to get going! By beautiful strawberry sister!” Sarah said with a look of worry.

 

The little girl ran off. The party looked at the mountain after hearing about [Billy] before Tom broke the silence.

 

“Soooo, who else thinks that the Wicked Witch of Roma is currently preparing to put [Billy] in a pot?” Tom said looking at the party.

 

Right at that moment the party heard an eerie cackle that seemed to spread through the whole village. It’s point of start appeared to be the top of the mountain. The unnatural laugh gave everyone goosebumps.

 

The whole group received an updated quest notification.

 

[Quest received: Coven of the [Horned God] (Advanced) (Chained) Part I]

 

Task 1. Find out the location of the local Coven - (completed)

Task 2. Find out their current plans

Task 3. Report findings to [Manius] or [Captain Brutus]

Bonus objectives.

  1. Find evidence confirming [Baroness Mengrel] involvement with the [Horned God] coven
  1. Save [Billy] from being cooked – 1hour and 24 minutes left

 

Rewards:

  • 20,000 EXP
  • Depending on who you report to, you will either receive a profession specific item or a weapon up to [Rare] form the Imperial armory
  • If all objectives completed - [Unique] reward

 

Gabriel flicked Tom on the head and spoke to the rest of the party.

 

“Well thanks to [Gremlin] here we better hurry the fu*k up! Follow me!”

 

The party took off towards a narrow rising slope next to the village, that led into the mountain. The path seemed to wind around the mountain until halfway up where it reached a cave entrance. The entrance had stalactites coming from the roof and stalagmites from the floor, giving the opening a look of some twisted beast's maw.

 

“Alright everyone, there is bound to be enemies from now on. [T] and [Rex] you guys take front. [Gremlin] and I will be in the middle with [Mouse] and [Phat-Cat] taking up the rear. We need one person holding a torch in the front and back.” Gabriel instructed the party.

 

The party got into position and made their way forward. Another mad cackle was heard once they entered the cave, making them all feel uneasy. Complete uncomfortable silence followed them for 100 meters into the cave. Tom yelled out to ease the tension.

 

“Come on guys! Let’s go melt this Wicked Witch! I’ll kick her off this mountain myself. ‘This is Sparta’ style!”

 

A bunch of separate cackles were heard all around them after that. With women in all shapes and styles coming out of the dark. They were surrounded. Gabriel looked back at Tom.

 

“Stop jinxing sh*t! You twat!” Gabriel scolded.

 

21