CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: IT’S RAINING WITCHES
423 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gabriel had a very simple plan in mind, after informing everyone. The two brothers, Mouse and Tom all went off to the left side of the cliff’s edge. While [Phat-Cat] followed Gabriel to the front of the walls.

The two didn’t try to hide their presence as they boldly strode towards the walls. The Witches on the walls were the first to spot them and one of the Witches shot out a green spell bolt into the sky. Announcing to everyone in the compound about intruders. The two horned demons were the first to charge at Gabriel and [Phat-Cat].

“Alright I will take care of these two. You focus fire on the Witches on the wall, use your fireball spell as it causes the most AOE damage. Remember you don’t need to do a lot of damage just cause enough of nuisance that they leave the walls.” Gabriel explained to [Phat-Cat] again.

“I know, I know. Are you sure you are going to be fine though, I will be out of range of their curses but you won’t be while fighting the demons” [Phat-Cat] scrunched up her face in worry, looking adorable to Gabriel.

“Haha. Don’t you worry your cute little nose. I’ll be fine!” Gabriel laughed as he bopped her on the nose before running off.

[Phat-cat] froze for a moment over the sudden contact from Gabriel before she mumbled in a low voice, only she could hear.

“Stupid handsome man, how dare he touch my nose”

Contrary to her words she had a large smile on her face as she started to channel a [Fireball].

Gabriel ran over to the two large demons, due to their size. Gabriel felt it better to use a reach weapon. He equipped his [Spear of Sparta] he got off of the [Hobgoblin Spearman] and a High-steel [Rune] kite shield he had made. Gabriel Inspected the two demons so he knew what he was working with.

[Horned Greater Demon – LVL 20 – Permanent Summon]
HP 8000/8000
RP 0/3000
Additional Info: Greater Demons require a group of summoners to bring out of the underworld. Due to their high strength, they require a special contract where they share the life of their Summoner. Allowing them to stay in Valhalla for as long as the Summoner is alive.

“Great they give EXP!” Gabriel shouted as he picked up his pace.

The Greater Demon’s both had a large great sword in one hand and a shield in the other. Just before making contact Gabriel sprang into the air and at the highest point of his jump, aimed a straight thrust into the Demon’s eye, bypassing his shield.

[Critical Hit! -500]

The Demon roared in pain before aiming a wild chop at Gabriel still in the air. Gabriel blocked with his shield taking some light damage but using the force to propel him towards the Demon on his right.

{-30}

Catching the demon unaware with his speed Gabriel activated [Phantom thrust] and hit it twice in the side.

[-150]
[-150]

Gabriel heard the sound of the air splitting and did a roll to the side dodging a strike from the demon missing an eye. The demon who got hit twice in the side activated a skill similar to Gabriel’s [Heat of the desert] and his sword was coated in a dark black/red flame.

Gabriel wasn’t worried about the flames though as he had 50% fire resistance. He still didn't want to get burned if he could avoid it and did his best to doge at all times while continuously stabbing out with his spear.

Gabriel started to also have to dodge spells and curses thrown by the Witches on the wall. They got tired from trying to hit [Phat- Cat] who was out of range and switched their agro to Gabriel.

After another 10 minutes, Gabriel dispatched the last Greater Demon with a spear thrust through the throat.

[Slayed – 2x [Horned Greater Demon – LVL 20] EXP – 12,000 divided by party members.

The sound of the Gate in the wall being pulled up made Gabriel turn around, he noticed the walls were empty of witches now. There were multiple demons and Witches pushing themselves at the gate entrance to be the first to run out.

Gabriel ran back to [Phat- Cat] and grabbed her hand before running off towards where the rest of the party was waiting. Gabriel used [Summon Medjay] on the way. Once summoned he quickly ordered the [Medjay to run behind them.

The horde of Witch’s and demons were following the now three intruders to the edge of the cliff. Once at the edge, the stopped and turned around to face the incoming horde. Gabriel unequipped his weapons and tightly held [Phat-Cat] by the waste.

The [Medjay] stood in front of them, looking fearless at the incoming horde. As it was a summon it didn’t have any fear anyway.

“Are you sure about this [Osiris] I don’t like heights and we will for sure die if we fall.” [Phat-Cat] was skeptical about this part of the plan.

“What don’t you trust me? I'm hurt. HA! Just hold on tight when I lift you up and everything will be fine.” Gabriel laughed off her worries. He was confident.

Once the horde was only meters away Gabriel orders the [Medjay] to face him and put his hands in a cup position while crouching. Gabriel looked at [Phat-Cat] while blasting her with a smile, his purple eyes on full glow.

“Ready or not here we go”

Gabriel put his hands under [Phat-Cats]’s legs and swung her into a princess carry with a little yelp from her along the way. The horde was almost breathing down the [Medjay]’s neck. Gabriel took a run up and put one foot on the [Medjay]’s cupped hands and jumped. With the added force of the [Medjay] lifting and throwing him, Gabriel flew over the heads of the Demon’s and Witches.

Gabriel almost made it the whole way but as he started to fall, he was heading right towards a witch at the back. He landed with his two feet in her chest, taking her to the ground and riding the witch like a skateboard for a couple of meters.

Right as they landed. The sound of an explosion went off behind them, [Mouse] had used his [Combat engineer] skill [Mine explosion] to set off three mines. In a usual battle they don’t do a whole lot of damage but they do send an average size enemy flying at least 10 feet. Which means for the Horde that was next to the cliffs edge, it spelled their doom.

The last couple of stragglers didn’t last long as Tom ran up and used [Grand slam] to knock the rest off the cliff. All the while he was laughing like a super villain.

“HAHAHAHA! It's raining Witches! Where’s your brooms now!? I thought Witches can fly! Have a nice trip you ugly SOB’s”

Gabriel chuckled while shaking his head, the whole party soon ran over with big grins. [Phat-Cat] was about to remind Gabriel that he was still holding her like a princess when everyone got a notification that stunned them.

[Congratulations! You have slayed: Total EXP 420,000]
10x Greater Demon
10x Imp Demon
5x Turtled Demon
5x Carapace Demon
10x Witch of the Horned God - (Curse Mage)
10x Witch of the Horned God - (Summoner)

The whole party after they finished reading, all laughed out loud managing to level up at least once, in Gabriels case twice. Too bad there were no bodies to loot besides the one Witch Gabriel trampled and the two Greater Demons. Gabriel called out to [Mouse] to go loot them and started to follow.

As Gabriel started to walk towards the Horned Demon’s corpses, he heard a delicate cough which made him stop. He looked down and saw [Phat-Cat's] bright red face. Gabriel stammered for a second because he didn’t realize she was so light....’and soft’ he thought.

Gabriel put [Phat-Cat] down the moment he heard the stifled chuckles of the guys behind him.

“Sorry... I didn’t realise you were still in my arms; you are so light and soft.... I mean softly spoken. So, I couldn’t hear you.... What’s that mouse you need my help!? Okay coming!!” Gabriel stammered and eventually just gave a fake excuse that Mouse was calling him. Mouse looked at Gabriel from the side of the Horned Demon corpses and gave him a questioning look.

The two brothers couldn’t hold it in any longer and laughed out loud.

“What's so funny boys?”

[Phat-Cat] gave them an eerie smile while glaring at them, which gave them all goosebumps. She lifted her hand and started to summon a [Fire ball] while still smiling at them. They all stammered “Nothing is funny” before they took off after Gabriel, giving the same excuse he gave, that Mouse was calling them too.

21