CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: LUCY OFFERS HER SERVICES
430 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gabriel got out of his FIVR capsule and went to straight to bed.

 

Waking up early again, Gabriel first did a work out and some stretches before checking his phone. He saw a text from Lucy confirming the meet up at a coffee shop near their college.

 

Gabriel put on one of his stitched-up sweaters and blue jeans. His hair was starting to gain some length, so he styled it back. Gabriel was trying to grow his beard out, so at the moment it looked a bit patchy.

 

Kristof was at the training centre today so Gabriel took the sky train into the inner city. Jumping off the train Gabriel heard his phone ring and took it out of his pocket. A random number had tried to call him but he ignored it. He guessed it was from one of the banks asking about his student loan repayments, now that he finished college.

 

Gabriel scrolled through his contacts and clicked on Lucy’s name. When she answered, he heard a slightly flustered voice.

 

“Hello...ah... Gabriel! Sorry I am running late. I will be there in 15 minutes. You know the coffee shop with the green sign across from the shopping center near college?” Lucy asked.

 

“Yeah, I know it. The one that doubles as a book shop?” Gabriel replied.

 

“That’s the one! I will meet you there” Lucy said before hanging up.

 

Gabriel walked for another 5 minutes before finding the coffee shop. He took a seat outside and order a coffee. While Gabriel waited for Lucy he decided to scroll through the D.O forums and check his emails.

 

There were a lot of posts on the forums by the bigger guilds backed by large companies. They were all offering real money for Gold in game. Prices varied between them. Gabriel guessed that a lot of the bigger companies would have started hearing rumors about the World bank joining D.O.

 

Gabriel decided to hold onto his Gold for now though as the official endorsement will be announced in three days' time. Gabriel planned to trade in a lot of Gold and didn’t want to give any of the guilds the heads up that he was rich in game. Who knew what sh*t they would pull on Gabriel.

 

Gabriel checked the Krypto Entertainment site and saw his videos were still on the front page. They had a large number of views, Gabriel wondered if there was any ad revenue yet. The videos were put up as a mini-series and tonight was going to be the final battle with the [Goblin Berserker].

 

Just before Gabriel could check his emails, he noticed Lucy walking down the street in a rush. Wearing a women’s business suit. Equipped with a knee length skirt and heels that accentuated her womanly form. Her curly brown locks were bobbing as she walked. With a pair of trendy eye frames to complete the outfit. The new look made Lucy appear a lot more mature and serious then Gabriel remembered.

 

Arriving before Gabriel, Lucy just stood there for a moment looking at him. Gabriel had changed in the last four and a bit months since the last time they saw each other. Since working out with Kristof and dieting properly. Gabriel’s figure had filled out. One could see his packed muscles tightening his stitched together sweater. Since losing weight, his square jaw took on a more sculpted look.

 

Lucy blushed as she realized she had just been staring at Gabriel. Gabriel just smiled at Lucy’s cute face. Ever since coming back, Gabriel exuded confidence from his very pores. His usually nervousness when talking to the opposite sex had almost completely disappeared.

 

“Hey Lucy. Good to see you. Why don’t you take a seat, I have only just started my coffee.” Gabriel said indicating for Lucy to take the only other seat next to him.

 

“Ah! Of course, thank you.” Lucy said as she sat down.

 

After ordering a coffee from the waiter, Lucy turned to Gabriel.

 

“So, the main reason I wanted to talk to you was when I bumped into Tom. He told me that you are trying to be a pro player on D.O. Is that correct?” Lucy asked.

 

“Yeah. That’s right. I have done well so far if I say so myself.” Gabriel replied. He didn’t understand why this mattered to Lucy though.

 

“Well, did you know that I studied talent management at college with a minor in advertisement?” Lucy asked. She started squirming in her seat, like she was nervous about her next question and the answers Gabirel would give.

 

“Yeah, I remember. It was the same thing Melissa did.” Gabriel said.

 

“Well, the reason I bring it up is... I want to represent you as your manager. Now before you say no. I know there is no reason for you to have confidence in me but I would have you know that I finished at the top of all my classes. I also received many job offers by top talent agencies. I didn’t accept any of them though as I wanted to join my dad’s new agency. We don’t have any clients right now but I promise we will work very hard for you as our very first client.” Lucy announced it all in a rush.

 

Gabriel was very confused. He never had representation in his past, besides working with the brothers at Krypto Entertainment. Gabriel didn’t mind the idea though; it would make some things easier for him. He would have to meet Lucy’s dad first though as he seems to be the top dog. The main thing Gabriel couldn’t figure out though, was why Lucy would want to represent him. Nobody knew he was [Osiris] in real life besides Tom and he wasn’t an already established player from previous VR games.

 

“Okay, I will admit this is unexpected. I am not opposed to the idea but I want to know. Why do you think I would be worth representing? It’s not like I am famous or an already established player?” Gabriel asked.

 

Lucy looked at Gabriel like he was an idiot. Her face was the picture of confusion.

 

“But you are famous! Your videos on Krypto Entertainment have millions of views already. From what my father and I have already seen, when you were fighting those Goblins in great fanfare. You showed amazing skills and will go far.” Lucy answered honestly.

 

“What!? How do you know that was me? I never announced my name. Tell me how you know. Now.” Gabriel said in a slight panic, his voice took on a rougher tone than usual, scaring Lucy slightly.

 

Lucy looked perplexed at Gabriel’s sudden change of tone and manner. When she thought about it for a moment though. She finally understood why he was worried.

 

“Oh! Don’t worry. Besides my father and I, nobody else knows your [Osiris]. The only reason I found out was Tom had slipped it out in conversation by accident. He already warned me you didn’t want anyone knowing and I understand. Just like anything in the world where there is competition and money involved. You never know what people would do.” Lucy explained to Gabriel.

 

Gabriel visibly relaxed after hearing Lucy. After seeing him ease up, Lucy continued.

 

“Okay. So do you have time this morning to come to my dad’s office to meet him and we can go through some details on what we can offer?” Lucy asked, her eyes were shining in expectation.

 

“Alright, I don’t see why not. I will let you know now though. That I am not agreeing with anything just yet”. Gabriel warned.

 

Lucy nodded in understanding. After they finished their coffee. Gabriel ordered a taxi and received directions from Lucy to an area in New York that Gabriel remembered vividly.

 

After a 30 minute taxi ride. Lucy and Gabriel arrived a block away from time square. They were dropped in front of a large skyscraper that rented out office blocks to different companies. After holding the car door for Lucy. Gabriel looked across the road and two buildings over. Their stood a skyscraper, that was taller than all the others. Near the top hanged a sign that read ‘Braxen Co.’

 

Gabriel remembered having several meetings there with Leonard and Jack Braxen in the past. None of them went well, with Gabriel storming out of most of them. Gabriel’s most vivid memory though was of being held imprisoned in the Braxen family’s private dungeon for six months. Majority of the time being tortured by the sadistic Natalie. Jack tried to join in as well sometimes but never had the guts to last long.

 

Multiple plans were revolving around Gabriel's head as he stared hard at the building. He started to smirk at the thought of one of his plans he could implement soon. Gabriel planned to make the Braxen family offer up a large chunk of their money if he played it right. He also needed a fair amount of luck for this plan, but that is where [Mouse] would hopefully come into play.

 

Lucy noticed Gabriel was staring at the Braxen building with clenched fists and a slight smirk on his face.

 

“Gabriel? Is everything okay?” Lucy asked while putting her hand on Gabriel’s shoulder.

 

Gabriel came out of his fugue state and turned to Lucy with a smile. While thinking to himself. ‘It is not yet time Gab, be cool’.

 

“Yeah, I am fine thanks Lucy. Let’s go meet your father.” Gabriel replied.

 

Lucy led Gabriel through the entranceway into the lobby of the office complex. Walking up to the guard desk at the front. Lucy got a guest pass for Gabriel. They entered an elevator and went up to the 30th floor. Entering the floor, Gabriel saw a set of glass doors with the words, ‘Westwood & Westwood’.

 

19