CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN: SHOW US THE MEANING OF HASTE
392 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minutes before a [Cyclops] fell from the sky.

 

“I wish the mounts were activated before, I walked all the way to this god forsaken mountain range. Why would [Ishtar] leave such important items in this monster ridden place. I really should have gotten that [Osiris] to help me.” [Lil Tiger] mumbled out loud.

 

 

After finally arriving at the base of the mountain, [Lil Tiger] was muttering complaints. She spent an all nighter with her friends and was exhausted. The mountain behind her began to groan, like it was an old man getting out of a bath. The mountain was shaking so hard, rocks and boulders were cascading down. [Lil Tiger] quickly distanced herself from the mountain.

 

 

The sound of a loud wail coming from the sky caused [Lil Tiger] to come to a halt. Looking above, she noticed a massive piece of the mountain splitting off. The whole piece slowly toppled over, with bits of it crumbling off and creating a rain of small rocks. One of the pieces looked bigger than the others and it seemed to break apart from the rest with force.

 

 

It fell at a faster pace than the rest too. The closer it got to [Lil Tiger], the more she could make out more of its features. It appeared to her that the falling piece, resembled a giant man, flailing his arms in the air. Before she knew it, the giant man’s loud wailing reached her ears and shortly after slammed into the ground.

 

 

The force made [Lil Tiger] fall on her ass. She crawled to the edge of the new man-shaped hole. A giant with one eye seemed to be glaring into the sky, even though she could tell it was dead.

 

 

The sound of something else cutting through the wind, made [Lil Tiger] look back up. Rising to her feet as she noticed the figure flying through the air again. The last time she saw this figure it was plummeting to the ground but this time it landed softly atop the [Cyclops]. With eyes a little wild and an open mouth, [Lil Tiger] stared at Gabriel for moment. ‘If this guy is trying to impress me with these flashy entrances, I think he trying too damn hard.’ She thought.

 

 

“You have to be fu*king kidding me.” [Lil Tiger] softly muttered to herself.

 

 

As she tried to come up with a plausible reason why Gabriel would be falling from the sky accompanied with a monster again. [Lil Tiger]’s mouth voiced the only appropriate question she could think of at that moment.

 

 

“What the flippity fu*k!!! Why do you keep falling with monsters from the God-Damn Sky!!??” [Lil Tiger] basically screamed.

 

 

“Hey [Lil Tiger]! Ummm... What’s up?” Gabriel awkwardly replied, he felt like he had been caught doing something naughty.

 

 

Gabriel was going to explain when they both received a notification that stole their attention.

 

 

[World Announcement!! Congratulations to the Player [Osiris “God of Death”]! The first Player worldwide to solo slay a Boss over LVL 30! Praise the Giant Slayer [Osiris]!]

 

Gabriel received a slightly different notification than [Lil Tiger] and all other players currently online.

 

 

[Congratulations [Osiris “God of Death”] for defeating the [Cyclops LVL 35 (World Boss) Your feat has been rewarded with +200 Renown and +100 Gold, a [Unique] passive skill [Giant Slayer] and recorded in the Halls of Valhalla]

 

 

[You have slayed 1x [Cyclops LVL 35 (World Boss) -50% EXP due to environment death. Total EXP – 2,000,000]

 

 

Gabriel received a slew of other notifications but ignored them for now. Focusing back on [Lil Tiger], he noticed she seemed to be staring at him with a resigned look.

 

 

“What?” Gabriel questioned.

 

 

“I seem to hear your name a lot now. I have even heard my friends mention your name once or twice. I don’t think it’s actually always a good thing to be this showy. My father always said, the faster you climb to the top, the quicker people will appear to pull you down.” [Lil Tiger] replied in a gentle warning.

 

 

Gabriel felt touched for a moment at the sincere warning from [Lil Tiger]. ‘Wayne always said his daughter was too naïve, I think she is more perceptive than she likes to let on.’ Gabriel thought to himself.

 

 

“Thanks for the warning, I do honestly try my best to try to remain low profile but I also won’t let my fear of others, take a step back. It’s no way to live, trust me on that.” Gabriel said, self-incrimination leaking into his tone near the end.

 

 

Gabriel shook his head, clearing it of all the negative emotion bubbling up. As [Lil Tiger] was about to open her peach coloured lips, Gabriel seemed to smack his forehead in remembrance.

 

 

 

“Sh*t! I don’t have much time. I’m Sorry [Lil Tiger], I will explain shortly. I need to harvest this eye.” Gabriel said in a rush.

 

 

Gabriel ran across the [Cyclops] body and climbed up the boulder sized chin. Using the hard rocky skin as purchase, he pulled himself up. Skirting around the giant chasm of a mouth, Gabriel approached the eye. It was still wide open, glaring up at the sky.

 

 

The eye was the size of a highway billboard, with a large black slit for a pupil, it was almost the exact proportions of Gabriel. With a ‘Schlick’, Gabriel pulled out a folded knife. It could extend into a machete shaped blade, with a click of a button. Gabriel pointed the blade straight down and started sawing at the sides of the pupil. It was the [Advanced Harvesting Knife] he bought earlier. He took slow steps to the side every couple of seconds.

 

 

[Lil Tiger] watched the macabre process with a slightly interested look. If she was grossed out by the scene, she didn’t show it. After thirty minutes, Gabriel was done.

 

 

“If you're harvesting that, how the hell do you plan on carrying it back? It exceeds the maximum size limit we can fit in our inventory. You will need a team of horses to drag it, at the least.” [Lil Tiger] asked.

 

 

“That’s why I bought one of these!” Gabriel replied, pulling out the [Jar of Keeping].

 

 

It was no bigger than a gallon bottle of milk. [Lil Tiger] looked between the [Cyclops] eye and the dwarfed Jar in Gabriel’s hands. With not a clue on how he was going to squish all that inside. She continued to watch Gabriel play with the corpse, in a sort of morbid fascination.

 

 

Gabriel pulled off the cork on the [Jar of Keeping] and pointed it opening down towards the [Cyclops] eye.

 

 

[Would you like to store – 1x [Cyclops Eye] in the Jar of Keeping? Warning! This is a single use item. Once an ingredient is stored and then taken out, the jar will disintegrate]

 

 

Gabriel thought “Yes” and the [Jar of Keeping] floated out of his hands. Rising above the centre of the eye, a powerful suction force began. Gabriel took a couple of steps back. A gasp was heard behind him and he turned back to [Lil Tiger], whose eyes were shining in fascination at the Jar.

 

 

The suction force began to pull the eye towards the jar’s opening. It lifted out of the socket and started cramming itself into the small jar. The eye took on a jellyfish like appearance and seemed to slide smoothly into the opening, filling the jar quickly. The whole eye was inside the jar in a matter of seconds, floating back into Gabriel’s waiting arms.

 

[Jar of Keeping – 1/1 - [Cyclops Eye] - Duration before decomposition: 6 hours]

 

 

Gabriel put the jar back in his bag and put his hand down to touch the [Cyclops].

 

 

[You have looted 1x [Cyclops LVL 35 (World Boss)]

  • 400 x Gold
  • 1 x Skill Book [Earth Sunder (Legendary)]
  • 1 x [Hammer of the Cyclops (Rare) Req. Blacksmith Profession]
  • 1 x [Kite Shield of Thunder (Rare) Req. Melee based class. STR 25]
  • 1 x [Blood of a Titan (Legendary) Req. LVL 20]
  • 1 x [Blueprint for [Lightning Rod Helmet (Rare)] Req. Journeyman Blacksmith LVL 1]
  • 50 x Iron Bars (Common)
  • 50 x Steel Bars (Common)
  • 50 x High Steel Bar (Uncommon)
  • 1 x [Guild Token (Gold Rank)]

 

 

“Noice!” Gabriel cheered; the haul was great. Because of a [Cyclops] being blacksmiths to a God, it dropped items helpful to the Blacksmith profession.

 

 

With the bars of metal, Gabriel’s 25 inventory slots were full. Each of bar of metal stacked up to 25 for every one inventory slot. Gabreil slid down the side of the [Cyclops] corpse and climbed pit to where [Lil Tiger] was standing. The [Cyclops] body behind Gabriel, began to disintegrate after being looted.

 

 

Gabriel used [Summon Mount] and turned to [Lil Tiger] while he waited for [Alastor] to arrive.

 

 

“Sorry [Lil Tiger], I am on a time crunch at the moment. I need to head off to Roma as quick as possible.” Gabreil explained.

 

 

[Lil Tiger] had again stopped talking after something caught her attention. A black animal was coming towards them at a fast speed. She noticed it was a large black stallion with silvery hair, so fine it was like thin strips of wire billowing in the wind. [Lil Tiger] felt like her eyes might actually have hearts in them, at the sight of the beautiful black horse.

 

 

[Alastor] approached Gabriel and shoved its nose into his chest, for a soft nuzzle.

 

 

“Hey buddy. I hope you had a good rest because we need to get to running.”

 

 

[Alastor] whinnied in what appeared agreement. Gabriel used the saddlebags to offload the metal bars, freeing up his inventory a bit. He climbed into the saddle and was about to bade [Lil Tiger] goodbye, when he felt claws grip into his thigh. He was startled for a second and almost instinctively kicked out. Gabriel looked down at [Lil Tiger], with her shiny eyes and vice-like grip on his thigh, she was giving off a menacing vibe.

 

 

“Can I please get a ride too?” [Lil Tiger] asked, she didn’t seem to be asking Gabriel but the horse.

 

[Alastor] had turned his head to her and with one eye appeared to be gauging this little woman. He neighed and moved his head up and down in a nod gesture. Gabriel looked at the exchange with a bit of shock, ‘So you’re a poon hound are you [Alastor]?’ He thought looking at his horse.

 

 

“Thank you! [Osiris] give me a hand, it is too tall for me to climb up on my own.” [Lil Tiger] said, reaching out her hand.

 

 

Gabriel sighed in resignation and grabbed [Lil Tiger]’s soft hand. With a strong jerk, she swung up behind him gracefully. Wrapping her arms around Gabriel’s waist, to stabilise herself.

 

 

“Alright let’s go!” [Lil Tiger] shouted.

 

Before Gabriel could give the command, [Alastor] already began moving. Quickly accelerating into a full gallop within moments, the horse stormed down the across the ground towards Roma.

 

 

[Lil Tiger] managed to keep her balance with only on hand around Gabriel’s waist and the other lightly stroking [Alastor]’s smooth coat. After 2 hours of solid galloping, Gabriel saw the walls of Roma. The trio were on one of the connecting roads to the Imperium Capital. They were coming up to a small thicket of Forest on the left-hand side, before hitting the main road.

 

 

Gabriel noticed a few slight movements among the brush and trees. He activated [Eagle Eye] from his [Shadow Raven Helmet]. Small and large red shades of colour appeared among the thicket for a brief second. Showing the vulnerable spots of the Players that hid in the thicket.

 

 

Gabriel softly whispered a warning to [Lil Tiger] and without slowing the sped of [Alastor]. Gabriel slid off the horse and into a roll before coming up and flinging out two throwing axes in quick succession. They landed with a smack and shouts of pain. Two players hiding in a pair of bushes, were knocked out of hiding from the impact.

 

 

Both Players had a Red Skull icon above their heads, signifying they had killed other Players in the last 24 hours. A Dark elf male stepped out from a brush in leather armour with a bow raised and arrow cocked.

 

 

“We have been spotted! Quickly kill him and the Girl, keep the Horse!” The Dark Elf commanded, as three more Players with red skulls above their heads jumped out from behind tress.

 

 

 

As the Dark Elf loosed, he’s arrow. Gabriel had already rolled out of the way and was sprinting towards the two Players with his throwing axes embedded in them. Unsheathing his khopesh, he struck down and ended the two injured Players. Because his MP was still locked from the [Man Boost Potions], he couldn’t use [Recall] and had to physically pull his axes out of the now dead players.

 

 

Gabriel flung out one axe towards the Dark Elf bowman, who managed to dodge to the side, just in the nick of time. Gabriel kept the other axe in one hand and used it to deflect an incoming spear strike from a Northam Player. Striking back with his khopesh, with the speed of uncoiled snake. Gabriel managed to chop the Northman’s hand off and slice his neck. Ducking under a strike from a two-handed hammer, Gabriel came up on the other side and kicked the back of the Hammer wielding player's knee.

 

 

The Human Hammer wielder dropped to one knee from Gabriel’s kick and found an axe buried into his head, with enough force to crack the skull. With a boot to the chest, the Human Player was knocked on his back. Gabriel was about to strike out at the last Player approaching him with a sword and shield, when a golden spear came shooting through the back of his skull and out the mouth.

 

 

“You aren't going to take all the fun, are you?” [Lil Tiger] questioned, with a savage smile gracing her heart-shaped face.

 

 

As she galloped over upon [Alastor], her strawberry-blonde hair fanned out behind her. Giving off the appearance of a head full of flames. Gabriel grinned back at her and gave a thumbs up.

 

 

“Look! That little twat is trying to get away! Quickly throw one of your axes at his fleeing ass!” [Lil Tiger] yelled, pointing towards the only surviving member of the PK Players, the Dark Elf Bowman.

 

 

“What is with your obsession of inflicting pain on people’s asses!?” Gabriel asked, with genuine interest. Every time he seemed to meet [Lil Tiger], she always seemed to be talking about people with sore bottoms.

 

 

“I don’t have an obsession! It’s just a coincidence!” [Lil Tiger] retorted, her cheeks gaining a rosy glow.

 

Even with their bickering, Gabriel still managed to throw his remaining axe. It struck the fleeing Dark Elf in the back and sent him to the ground with a groan. Gabriel approached the Dark Elf with his khopesh raised. The Dark Elf got on his knees and faced Gabriel with a face twisted in anger.

 

 

“You want get away with this! I will gather a hundred players to hunt you both down! We are from the Guild [Juggern...]” The Dark elf shouted.

 

 

“Who gives a flying fu*k, what Guild you come for!” Gabriel interrupted before the Dark Elf could finish naming his guild.

 

With a swing added by the extra force of the skill [Heavy Chop], Gabriel sliced his head off.

 

 

“How stupid is this oxygien theif! He is mad at us for killing them, after they were the ones who attacked first!” [Lil Tiger] yelled with a huff.

 

 

“Don’t worry about them. You will soon find a lot of Players apart of Guilds throwing their weight around. Just ignore them if you can and if you can’t go through them. If you ever need help, I got your back.” Gabriel said, while walking around to quickly loot the Player corpses.

 

 

[Lil Tiger] smiled to herself at the thought of her and Gabriel teaming up, to put the butt hurt on arrogant Guildies. Gabriel came back over to [Alastor], [Lil Tiger] shifted back to make room and he jumped on.

 

 

“Let’s go [Alastor], we wasted enough time on these turds.” Gabriel commanded and took back off to the city.

 

The [Cyclops Eye] still had over three hours left before it began to decompose and the trio were only a couple minutes outside of Roma. Gabriel didn’t know how much time it would take, to summon the [Master Alchemist Archomedus]. The details on this quest were a bit fuzzy in Gabriel’s memories.

17