CHAPTER SIXTY: MAKE IT RAIN
405 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Well, I guess I'll have to work some of my magic then. I was thinking we could just do a total currency transfer, but with this amount, people are going to figure out who sold the Guild Token." Clint stated as as he sat down at his desk.
 
"Give me 15 minutes and I'll make some phone calls. I know a couple of CEOs who fund Guilds, and after Braxen Co devoured a large number of coins yesterday, they're in desperate need of gold." Clint said, his gaze fixed on his computer monitor.
 
“Gabriel, follow me to my office. I have a couple of things we need to go through. We will give dad some space to work as well.” Lucy beckoned Gabriel towards the door.
 
Gabriel followed Lucy into the office on the other side of the hall. Hers was a much more modern office than her father's, with very little clutter. The desk was adorned with a brand-new holographic monitor and keyboard system. The only other thing on her desk that stood out was a photograph of her father and what appeared to be her mother holding a young Lucy.
 
Gabriel took a seat in front of Lucy's desk and watched as she slid into a strangely bent chair. "Stupid ergonomic nonsense," Lucy grumbled as she wiggled around in search of a more comfortable position. Lucy pushed up her glasses that had fallen to the tip of her nose and pulled out some documents as she looked up and saw Gabriel staring at her with a small smile.
 
“Ahem...Now, what I need to talk to you about is that the two brothers from Kyrpto Entertainment are burning a hole through my phone. I have the releases from your friends at WolfPack and Tom as well, for your raid on Eagle Peak. All the videos have been edited but the brothers haven't run it yet, as they want to officially brand the series with your name. I need you to sign this before they can do so.” Lucy said, passing over a piece of paper to Gabriel.
 
Looking over the form, Gabriel found nothing out of place and signed at the bottom. After writing his signature, he placed his thumb on a clear square next to it, the square was a digital scanner that would attach your fingerprints to the paper.
 
“What do they plan to call the program, they aren't just going to call it ‘Osiris’ right?” Gabriel asked as he handed back the form.
 
“They originally wanted it to be called ‘The Adventures of the God of Death, Osiris’ but I thought that was too cheesy and on the nose. I recommended ‘The Chronicles of Osiris’. They said they were still workshopping a couple of names but will send us across the title for approval once they come down to a couple more. But considering how quick these guys work, I imagine they will get back to us by tomorrow.” Lucy explained.
 
“Now, I also wanted to talk to you about one more thing, with D.O. becoming more popular by the day, as you can see by someone like Leonard Braxen being on a T.V. show usually watched only by gamers themselves. People will start seeing the top players as true celebrities, with Guilds starting to crop up now as well, they will be treated like a Sports club. Where people will follow along with their favourite players and want to know all about them, not just the character they play in D.O. but in real life too. As your agent I need to be promoting you and your “brand” so to speak.” Lucy explained.
 
“I understand that Lucy, better than most. So, what’s this got to do with anything right now though? I’m certainly not at that level just yet.” Gabriel queried.
 
“You’re right in saying “yet”. I have watched your recent videos and honestly, I am not that into things with violence or action. However, even I was hooked watching your journey at Eagle Peak, especially the moment where you jumped off the Pagoda. You have to give it to the brothers at Krypto, they now how to edit a scene. I believe in you Gabriel; I truly believe you can grow to be a household name one day. Hell, I want you to be! “Lucy exclaimed loudly before continuing in her normal tone, “There will come a time and I imagine it will be sooner then you think, where we will have to reveal your real-life persona to the public. I want to get a head start; people don’t even know that I am the one representing ‘Osiris’, for heaven’s sake. What kind of agent am I, if people don’t even know that. The Krypto brothers have already said they are getting non-stop harassment from game shows, websites and even companies wanting to get in touch with you. I know you said you don’t want to reveal yourself yet but can you at least tell me when you plan to? Let me start doing my job, please?” Lucy finished; her hands held together in a silent plea.
 
“I’m sorry Lucy. I didn’t mean to hold you back. I have a few plans in the pipes right now and I absolutely must get them set up first. Give me...one week, okay?” Gabriel replied.
 
“That’s great, we will start small. I will just officially announce to the ones looking, that Westwood & Westwood are representing the D.O player Osiris. We will then sift through how much we want to reveal as we go. Once people get a hold of your name though, all bets are off. Internet detectives will drudge up everything they can about you before even the larger companies can, so be ready for that.” Lucy warned.
 
Lucy pulled out a journal labelled “Gab” and started to write down notes in an already half-filled book of writings. Gabriel peered over and saw some oddly specific things about him, like his age, height, favourite foods and current weight. ‘When the hell did she weigh me? I haven't even weighed myself recently’ Gabriel was just about to ask where Lucy got her information, when the sound of an intercom on the desk went off.
 
“Lucy, Gabriel. I’m ready when you are.” Clint's voice transmitted out of the speaker. Lucy pushed a button and replied, “Coming dad.” 
 
“Actually, you go ahead Gab, I will stay here and continue to work on your profile.  I also have to work on the branding for Tom, he has asked for my help in advertising his dad’s factory on his videos.” Lucy said, as she pulled out another journal with the name “Tom” written on it.
 
What made Gabriel raise a brow though, was the big heart drawn around Tom’s name, his didn’t have that. ‘Interesting’ Gabriel thought, as he filed that little tid bit away for later, he then left Lucy’s office and entered Clint’s.
 
“Alright Gabriel come over here, I will show you where your money will be coming from and which accounts it will be sent to. Let me know if you see any problems, Okay?” Clint asked as he beckoned Gabriel over to look at the monitor.
 
Gabriel checked it over and saw that majority of the Gold will be sold to a number of different companies investing in Guilds or players, as they were currently offering an increased price of $310, the money from those sales will go to his off the books account. The amount looked to be about 30,000 out of the 40,000 Gold, Gabriel intended to sell. The total amount made will be $9,300,000. The remaining 10,00 Gold will be under the exchange rate offered by the World Bank at $250 per Gold, coming to a total of $2,500,000 split 80/20 between his legitimate company Paragon and his personal bank account.
 
“Not bad for playing a game, if I may say so myself. This is what you wanted, correct?” Clint questioned, as he looked over at Gabriel who was wearing a bright smile.
 
“This is perfect. I will be purchasing a home for myself soon, so that will need to be taken out of my personal account. Can you also do me a favour and look into a tech company called Techgenic, I would like to see how much they are worth at the moment and see if we can buy the owner out. I would like the company to come under the Paragon banner.” Gabriel asked.
 
Clint gave Gabriel a slightly surprised look, at the mention of the name Techgenic, that he smoothed over quickly.
 
“I am surprised you would want that company. It is my understanding, that the firm has recently been offloaded from Braxen Co to some schmuck who thought he was getting a thriving company at a steal. Techgenic appeared to be tied up in a scandal with some unsavory sorts, including nasty rumours of being involved in doing experiments on unwilling people. Is there more to it?” Clint queried, his wide brimmed glasses gave off a shine from the sun coming through the window, making it hard for Gabriel to see his inquisitive eyes.
 
Gabriel thought quickly, he wasn't sure how much he could reveal to Clint, as the main reason he wanted to buy the company was for the product that they hadn’t announced they were even making yet. Techgenic was a pharmaceutical company who worked on pain relief drugs, like morphine, they also did a few other things in the medical field like nano-repairs too. The company originally started off with a good concept, making the more expensive operations and pain relief drugs that are highly addictive become more affordable and have fewer addictive properties. On the drug front, they unfortunately made something that was the complete opposite, a product that was eventually stolen and turned into a party drug that swept through New York in a matter of years.
 
As he was directly affected by this drug in his past, it was one of the main causes that destroyed his sister's life, leading Gabriel to doing something stupid in a fit of anger and pissing off the Templar Cartel, the main pushers of the drug. ‘Techgenic is where it all went wrong, if I hadn't seen what Jane had become at dad’s funeral, I would have never been so stupid’. Gabriel thought to himself with a bitter smile at the memory. The memories of that day, made him realize he had a perfect reason for wanting to take over Techgenic.
 
“Techgenic work on affordable nano-repairs. I don’t know if Lucy told you but my father, Kristof. Has been crippled for many years now, we have been told many times that he could be repaired to an almost 100% condition with just one operation but we never had enough money. With the money that I have just made, it will be one of the first things I plan to do. I know what it is like for family’s to have their main provider be crippled and not being able to afford a simple operation to fix them:” Gabriel explained.
 
Clint stared at Gabriel, he seemed to be digesting the answer and putting it through a fact checker system in his head. The hawk nose lawyer gave off a silent pressure, that reminded Gabriel of the pressure given off by the Gods of D.O.  ‘God damn lawyers and their creepy laser focused, eyes’ Gabriel thought, as a drop of sweat ran down his back.
 
“That’s a good reason and it will hold up under scrutiny. I will look into purchasing Techgenic in your name. I will also have to bill you for this separately as it is not generally a part of an agents duties, you okay with that?” Clint replied, his gaze travelling back to his monitor and proceeding with the transfers for Gabriel.
 
“Yeah, that’s fine, thanks Clint.” Gabriel acquiesced.
 
Lucy entered the office shortly after Clint finished transferring the Gold to Gabriel’s accounts and sending the necessary documents to the accountant. Lucy seemed to be wrapping up a phone call when she entered, that Gabriel could only hear the end of.
“I told you that if you keep getting headaches to go see the doctor, if you don’t book an appointment now, I will really start getting upset. Okay?... Good, I need to go. I will call you tomorrow.” Lucy finished, her voice coming out more worried then angry when she said “upset”.
 
“Hey Gabriel, Minoko is here to see you, I forgot to tell you that the reason I haven't moved forward with the purchase of any of those apartments you were looking at was because Minoko told me she will handle that for you. I thought as your personal assistant it was fine, is that okay?” Lucy questioned.
 
“Yeah, that’s fine Lucy, not a problem. Mino will be handling a lot of things like that for me in the future, so expect getting a few calls from her on my behalf now and then. We all done Clint?” Gabriel asked.
 
“Yep, all good here. I will check out Techgenic and send you over the particulars when I have them. I hear the now owner is a true trust fund moron. So, we should be able to get a good deal. Let me know if you also want to invest in some stocks, building a portfolio early is also a good idea.” Clint replied, lighting up a cigarette and waving goodbye.
 
“I’ll think about it. Lucy, I will call you later, there will be quite a big battle coming up in D.O. The videos for it should be quite amazing and I imagine it may go for a while. Let the boys over at Krypto know that they can give a teaser for it in the last video of the current series. See you soon guys.” Gabriel told Lucy before giving a short wave and heading out the door.
 
Minoko was waiting at the reception desk, her short black hair pinned to the side and holding a large leather briefcase.
 
“Hey Mino, where’s your father? I thought he was coming too?” Gabriel asked, as he looked around.
 
“I have ordered a car that is waiting out front Mr.Draganov, it will be taking us to a compound I have organized to look at for purchase and my father will be meeting us here. He has been informed of most of our previous talk and is... excited to meet you.” Minoko replied in her drawl voice with a short bow in Gabriel’s direction.
 
“Okay... Let’s go then.” Gabriel replied, as the elevator opened and he held out his hand for Minoko to enter first.
16