Prologue: Mirror Pendant
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grahein City, Kragehn District, Maiyean Regio.
Planet Sandur
27 August 1587

 

“. . .The finding of unidentified humanoid remains in Tajikistan concludes the flash report from the Earth,” closed the news anchor before switching his place with his partner.

 

The light from the flat screen television reflected on that woman's green eyes. Its stark blue light contrasted with the warm luminescent crystalline lamp illuminating the dim room. She woman leaned back. Her long wavy black hair pressed against the cushioned sofa. Subsequently, released a big yawn; trivial things that happened far away are irrelevant.

 

She lifted her pink nephrite teapot, pouring a honey-colored liquid into the matching teacup. The sweet and mellow scent of nectar butter tea spread with every delicate movement of  the flowing steam. Its fineness matched the ornately carved flowers on the tea set. She looked at the time on the news screen, the program should move on soon.

 

". . . Now we are back to the local breaking news from Maiyean, Sandur. . ."

 

The woman straightened her back, and the plush material of the sofa inflating once again. Finally, something worth listening to. She took another sip of the beverage to call her wakefulness.

 

“. . . An earthquake with a reading of seven point five on the Richter scale hit the Tôroye sub-District, Aylar District of Maiyean Regio at six past thirteen, local time. The exact number of casualties and material loss is not yet known. . .”

 

She abruptly stopped her gulp; it was fortunate that she had not choked yet. A sense of disbelief crawled to her head; the unease constricted her breathing. She was troubled enough to let her tea spill and stained her pristine sofa. That calamity happened just an hour ago, if time difference was not counted.

 

In shock, her fingers grasped the jewelry hanging around her neck —a silvery exquisite necklace with a rectangular pendant, adorned with a rhombus-shaped mirror in the middle. She grasped it as if she was holding onto a talisman; her savior. A faint green radiance passed between the gaps of her clasped fingers.

 

". . . Currently, the capital is sending evacuation teams and logistic help. Investigation teams were also dispatched to determine whether the cause of the earthquake was natural or magical. The government of Aylar District insists that citizens' evacuation and their well-being is the priority. . ."

 

She reached her phone and typed some numbers. The pendant glowed brighter.

0