Chapter 0.2
44 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yminnod. The crystal city. A place where the wealthy and hapless alike come with only one purpose, gambling.

Come to The crystal city. See the sights, visit the famous museum, experience the splendid architecture, or maybe you would like to see the famous Crystal pyramids that named the area. 

Enjoy amazing cuisine from all over at world-class restaurants. And stay in the fine hotels, where your every need is taken care of.

All this and more is available to you in Yminnod As long as you have money. And the easiest way to do that is with the casinos. In the crystal city, you can become a millionaire at the drop of a hat. But be wary for there are numerous examples of rich and powerful men losing all their fortune, simply because they gambled too high. Such is the nature of the rush.  Truly the crystal city is a place where a pauper can become king and a king can become a slave.

Let us look at a more simple example. A man comes to the crystal city with his wife and child. He hopes to make it big in the casinos.....it works. He and his family live a Lavish life for a time, but the man gets greedy.

This poor bastard. Such is the nature of the rush. Your greed and pride will eat you up inside, and like Icarus, you will fall. In his case, he fell into the hands of loan sharks. Forced into a corner he sold his wife and child into slavery and ran away. The mother took elsewhere by her buyer never saw her child again. And the boy?

The sun sets in the crystal city. The lights from the numerous buildings permeate through the cold winter night like glittering jewels. It looks marvellous but soon a stunning contrast is seen. Far south, there is an area of darkness that is ignored by the noble Yminnod peoples. The ghettos. It is here that we find a boy lying on the cold snow. He hasn't eaten in days. His efforts to beg for food have all been useless and the cold has taken its toll. With no more energy, nor the will to continue, he waits for death. "Why do I suffer so much.? My whole life has been pain. If only I had money, if only I was powerful and strong I wouldn't be like this." The boy cried himself to sleep that night and in his sleep death took him... Just kidding. The boy woke to a loud voice. Something responded?

[I AM THE AUTHOR, THE ONE THAT WRITES YOUR SOUL. YOU WISHED FOR POWER.  IT SHALL BE YOURS]

 

1