Chapter 0.6
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the night, a young man is turning in his bed. Beads of sweat paint his face and his screams fill the room.

This continues until he jolts from his slumber. Panting, wheezing, crying. He stays in that state and takes a few minutes to calm himself. Eventually, his breathing returns to normal and he slumps back into the bed.

"That nightmare again. It's been getting more vivid as of late. To top it all off I'm also hallucinating what even is this...countdown timer? Appearing in my field of vision doesn't even go away when I close my eyes. The last four days have been annoying"

[That's right it's a countdown timer, towers coming in three days]

"....."

"I hear no voices. It is all a figment of my imagination. It is not real."

[I am real though]

"......."

[Jeesh. Tough crowd huh? Y'know? It's because of this attitude that you get a countdown timer instead.]

"....... "

[Hello? Anyone home?]

"It's not real, it's all in my head, It's not real, it's all in my head, It's not real, it's all in my head, its-"

[This is real]

"....... "

[Ugh Fine, Whatever]

[Look. When the tower falls your nightmares are going to become a reality. If you want to make the process easier for yourself, sell off everything you own. Change the cash to gold. Also, warn everyone you can, tell 'em to do the same.]

"....."

[Seriously, god comes to warn you personally and you ignore me? That breaks my heart.]

".......Y-You are not god"

[See you at the TOWER]

"....... "

"....... "

"....... "

"Fuck! Can't believe I'm obeying a voice in my head."

"I really am crazy"

§§§

Six hours to TOWERfall. A young man sits in his office chair seemingly looking at nothing. He's been like this for quite some time.

The woman in the room with him seemed worried, taking long glances at him and such. She even approached him and shook him.

The man, seemingly unperturbed by her presence stood up from his chair and walked to the painting on the wall. He stood there for a few minutes. Taking in a series of deep breaths he turned to face her.

"Jennifer, I know what I am going to say sounds crazy and it is but please listen to me." 

The woman was silent. He took that as confirmation to continue speaking. 

"*deep breath* I think the world is going to end in a few hours." The man stopped speaking to observe her reaction and to him, it wasn't good.

The tension she held earlier was gone. The worry on her face only deepened, and she held a confused expression. 

The man continued to speak regardless. Telling her about the dreams, the timer in his vision and finally, the voice and its instruction.

"So I bought 200 million cenais worth of gold and packed a lot of supplies in my car, also I bought a new car so I can move all this stuff. Sounds crazy huh?"

The man looks at her location waiting for a response with an embarrassed face.

"I'll buy some gold too",  She says with a straight face.

The man sighs. "You don't think I'm crazy?"

"If it's important to you it's important to me."

"…Thanks, Jennifer. You're good to me–Oh, also let's buy gold for everyone in the company."

"Boss, that would cost several billion cenais." 

"If the world is ending today it won't matter, plus I have the money so don't hesitate to buy some for yourself too."

"Y–Yes boss."

The man sank back into his chair feeling more relaxed. Though, he still had a concerned look on his face. His gaze was cast at seemingly nothing. Only he could see the timer counting down.

'Please let me be crazy'

§§§

***Two days to TOWERfall***

"Chosen one, preparations are complete."

"I see" 

A young boy and Maris were having a conversation on a platform surrounded by people that were cheering for the boy.

"How soon can the lost sheep arrive?" The boy asked.

"All of your servants in the world will be gathered on the day in question, your grace.

" how much gold has been bought?"

"We have nearly emptied all the accounts, the rest will be used to purchase supplies and equipment."

"What of the new Cardinal. How is he faring?"

"Your Grace Stonefrey is inexperienced, have mercy."

"Very well. Call the other Cardinals, we're having a meeting."

"Yes, your Grace."

The boy turned to go back to the crowd but stopped. He looked in Maris' direction. 

"Ah… Also, sell all the buildings." He said

"Yes, chosen one"

"The tower will be our new home, no need to keep buildings that will soon become useless."

"Yes, chosen one."

The conversation had ended, the boy walks to the waiting crowd.

§§§

0