Volume 1 Chapter 1: Dungeon Master Rebirth
976 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was my day off, the only day off I could receive after begging my boss relentlessly.

"A day off? Sure, but I won't pay you for it." Senior Greg had said to me.

I didn't care about getting paid for today. I just needed a break.

I won't waste it!

Today I will laze around and play my favorite game of all time.

I pulled out a pc game from my nightstand.

The bright sun that seeped through the blinds of the window next to my bed had woken me from a nice sleep.

I pulled myself from the bed and sat that game on my gaming desk before making my way to the kitchen.

With how small my apartment was it was literally like ten feet away from my bedroom.

I brewed myself some coffee, made a butter biscuit with jelly, and comfortably sat down in my blue and black gaming chair.

Finally! I get to sit down before my computer and play games!

 

Phone Rings: Tring! Tring! Tring!

 

I paused to take a look at the screen,

My excitement dies down a bit when I see my Boss's name on the screen.

I picked up feeling a bit afraid of what he had to say,

"Morning, just wanted to remind you of your day off. Don't you dare come to work today!" He says before the sound of a click ended the call.

I blinked and my excitement returned.

I was afraid that he decided to make me work today.

I shake my head to clear my mind of the stress and dove deep into my game.

The idea of this game was to raise one's rank as either a Dungeon Master, Hero, Holy Knight, or Royalty.

In my case I chose the life of a Dungeon Master.

I guess it's because the idea of leading evil beings to destroy the world is a feeling I can't obtain in the real world.

I also don't have the gall to commit evil sins since there are such things as laws here.

While in this type of game, the most a dungeon master has to worry about is the heroes trying to kill them, and the whole world is against them.

I'm okay with that small mishap, the problem is having a dungeon core.

If it were me, I wouldn't have such an obvious weakness.

Without paying attention to my surroundings, I reached for my cup of coffee.

When I did this, I accidentally knocked it over.

"Shit!" I cursed.

All that liquid came pouring out onto my favorite "League of Legend" pajamas.

And it also spilled onto all the power boxes I had at my feet.

It was too late when the cords began to spark like crazy.

 

SFX: ZZZZT!

 

I felt the surge start from the tip of my toes throughout my entire body.

The pain was so horrible that I could practically feel my skin burning from the effects.

My body began seizing uncontrollably from the surge.

Eventually, my mind became blank, and darkness overcame me.

The pain subsided and everything became silent.

I think I just died because there was no way I could have survived that.

It's too bad since I never got to finish adding those new skills to my character.

It's so quiet here, will I live in this darkness my entire life?

 

SFX: Step. Step. Step.

 

The sound...of footsteps?

Does this mean I'm alive and perhaps somehow got rushed to the hospital?

No way could happen.

Perhaps, I'm in a coma. Never to wake again.

The footsteps stopped and I seemed to be regaining a few of my senses.

There was the sound of wind and this feeling of coldness beneath my skin.

If I can feel and hear, this means I'm alive still.

Does not mean I'm not in a coma, since it's possible to have these symptoms even in a coma.

What ruled out a coma was the ability to move.

And the fact that I was finally able to open my eyes.

The first thing I noticed was a face hovering over mine.

I yelped and sat up without thinking of the consequences.

My forehead made contact with the face of the man that had been leaning over me.

I rubbed my forehead from the slight throbbing pain.

"Your highness, you have awakened." The man says with a pleased smile.

I frowned once I noticed that I had been lying on a cold, stone slab floor.

The man before me wore a tattered butler outfit that fit his form perfectly.

Despite his mature appearance, he was pretty good-looking.

Short greying hair, a beard and mustache to match, and sharp blue eyes.

"Who are you and where am I?" I asked him.

He holds his hand out to me, which I took cautiously.

Once on my feet he fell to one knee before me and answered me.

His hand was still gently gripping mine.

"I am Briston Crow, your loyal butler, and servant. And this place is a palace deep in the Abyss." He explains.

I wasn't used to this kind of treatment and the words that were coming from this man's mouth sounded crazy.

I pulled my hand from his grip.

"Say what now?" I asked with a deep frown.

"You are my master, the one who has control over the Abyss. I serve the Dungeon Master as your loyal servant." He basically repeats himself.

I held up a hand to keep him from continuing with this bullshit story.

There must be cameras or something to signal that this is some kind of prank.

"Yeah, I heard all that. What I wish to know is where is the exit so I can return home?" I tell him turning my head to find a said exit.

This place is so realistic!

The interior of this so-called palace was grand with stone and marble that were badly damaged.

There was even a place where one would put a throne, only that place was empty.

"What kind of palace is this empty?" I asked.

 

SFX: Ding!

 

A see-through screen suddenly appeared before me.

It was like the kind of screen you see in video games that explained the character stats.

It was beginning to dawn on me that this was all real.

 

Screen Stats

HP: 30/30 MP: 80/80 DP: 550

Race: Human

Name: Mae Fan Job: Dungeon Master

Title: None Level: 1

Stats

Strength: 1 Intelligence: 25

Magic: 5 Agility: 2

Vitality: 3 Luck: 20

Skills

Dungeon System: A cheat skill for the host to easily level up and become powerful- SSS Rank

Treasury: 0$

[Shop] Unlocks at level 5

SFX: Ding!

[The Dungeon Master has received a dungeon beginner pack from the system.]

 

Just as those words disappeared a brown packaged box appeared from thin air.

above the box was more text.

 

[Dungeon Beginner Pack]

 

It floated to the ground before me.

Briston, who was still kneeling on the ground had a shocked expression.

All this kind of reminds me of "Cedar Willows".

The setting was the same, I almost have forgotten all about the way I first started playing the game.

After checking the items in the box, I'm more positive now that I somehow got reincarnated into that very game.

26