Volume 1 Chapter 3: Outside the Abyss
448 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hours walking through the tunneled cave, we still haven't found a way 

I was getting hungry, and the day felt like it was almost at its end.

"We should head back, My Lady." Briston tells me.

I'm not sure how far we traveled, but I'm certain the way back would be a bit of a ways away.

"There's no point, we'll camp here." I tell him.

I slid down against the cave wall until my buttocks touched the floor.

"My Lady, about the ant creatures, shouldn't we add a few of them to our collection of monsters?" He asked.

He's completely right, they are very useful, I may need them for future digging.

I closed my eyes for just a moment, then I heard something coming from the walls.

Before I could react in time something came bursting from the wall behind me leaving me trapped under the dirt.

"My Lady!" Briston yells.

Ugh, what the hell just happened?

 

SFX: SKRIIII!

 

I couldn't see anything, but I could hear it.

Looks like some Stinger ants just dug a tunnel to this side of the cave.

Briston couldn't get close to me to save me from the crushing weight of the dirt on top of me.

Thankfully, it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't breathe, but I was pretty pissed.

Just a minute ago I would have been asleep but these damned ant monsters had the nerve to burst in on my peace!

The dirt got removed and I stood up.

One could feel the menacing aura coming off me.

I turned in a way that would creep out even an adult, my eyes, in a sense, seemed to glow red from anger.

"YOU DARE DISTURB MY SLEEP!" My tone was filled with malice.

These three low-level bugs should be destroyed.

"My Lady! I understand your anger, but please calm down. We must take these ants in!" Briston yells in panic.

The ants seemed to be cowering in fear, could it be because my level was higher than theirs?

I blow out a breath and finally managed to calm done, "fine, Briston take care of it." I tell him.

He bows his head, "Yes, Milady." He answered before turning a glare to the ants.

I didn't have a chance to sit back down. Instead, there was something at the end of that tunnel that caught my attention.

It seemed to glow brightly.

I made my way through the tunnel leaving Briston to handle the ants.

It took me ten minutes to get to the other side.

The area that I entered was not as big as my starter area, but it was a good size.

Covering all the walls and floors were bluish clear crystals that shined bright enough to light the whole area.

I studied them, wondering if these crystals could fetch me a lot of money.

This would be the first time I'm laying eyes on something like this.

Besides the crystals, there was something else just sitting on a pillar located in the middle of the area.

I made my way over to get a good look at it.

It was a box decorated with silver and bronze lines wrapped around the box. 

I lifted it off the pillar to take an even closer look.

Upon doing so the area began to shake that I immediately regretted even touching it.

Once the shaking had stopped, I noticed a wall on the far side had drawn up revealing another room.

I went to go check it out, being sure to take the box with me.

Inside the room there was a very large greenish egg.

The size was at least three feet tall, definitely way too much for me to carry.

"There you are!" Briston enters the room.

Behind him were the three stinger ants and they were being well behaved.

With Briston's level it's very understandable.

"What is that egg?!" Briston asked his eyes wide in shock.

"Good question." I told him.

That day I found some new discoveries, but I still haven't found a way out.

 

The Next Day

 

Quest Update

Time remaining: 1 Day

 

A day had past, and we had to resort to digging to find a way out.

Thanks to the stinger ants the digging to the other side had become even quicker.

"I hope we find a way out soon.

I agreed by nodding, at the same time I was viewing my stats.

 

 

Screen Stats

HP:  74/74      MP: 115/115      DP: 800

Race: Human

Name: Mae Fan            Job: Dungeon Master

Title: None                     Level: 2

 

Stats

Strength:  6 (+5) =11         Intelligence: 25 (+5) =30

Stamina:  10 (+5) =15                 Agility: 7 (+5) =12

Vitality:  8 (+5) =13               Luck: 20 (+5) =25

 

Skills

Dungeon System: A cheat skill for the host to easily level up and become powerful- SSS Rank

Leadership Skill: A passive skill, all subordinates below you will follow you - F Rank

 

Treasury: 500 Silvers

 

[Shop] Unlocks at level 5

 

After once again distributing my points, I put aside my stat screen to focus on what's ahead.

"My Lady, the ants finally dug us out! Look there's light!" Briston calls out.

We stepped out into the light and was introduced to a barren land. 

Not a single live tree in sight.

The ground was covered with dead grass and all the trees were completely dead.

"Oh wow, this looks bad." Briston mutters.

"Yeah." I agree.

I turned towards the ants that helped and gave them a specific order to stay in the area.

There's no way I could enter a town with those guys.

"Shall we?" Briston asked holding out a hand towards me.

I took it and the both of us continued our journey north to find a town.

This small town was called Burgens Village.

It took us until the afternoon to get to this place, but at we managed to complete part of the quest.

Lucky us there was also a market here for us to buy essentials like: food and household supplies.

It took us a little longer to find slave traders though.

We have to finish this quest by tonight or we fail.

"Welcome customers! Shall I show you around?" The Slave trader came up to us.

His sleazy grin made me shiver.

But I had no choice, "sure." I tell him.

17