Volume 1 Chapter 7: New Arrivals
224 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is my lady trying to say, that you can understand what they're saying?" Briston whispered after being pulled to the side.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you and It looks like that armored ant is someone the triplets look up to," I explained.

Briston nods expectantly, it made sense that his lady would gain such a skill.

From now on, he needs to make sure that his lady can get even more powerful, that way no one could look down on her.

I turned to notice the armored ant looking straight at me.

"That human.....can you understand me?" He asked.

I got caught.

It's shameless if I pretend that I don't, so I nodded instead.

"Interesting, come closer." He tells me.

"Master understands, master understands," Mern says.

"Yeah, that's master for you," Fica says, she has a thinner stinger than the other three.

"Master strong, so cool!" Sheld gloats, he's bigger than the other two.

So this is what they think about?

I kind of thought they were still upset that I made them into my workers.

Looks like I had nothing to worry about.

I made my way over to the armored ant, Briston stood by since I told him to.

I explained the situation so he wouldn't be too worried.

"You must be the new dungeon master, how interesting for the Gods to send down a human." The armored ant mutters.

I was right to think that he was a wise old man.

"I am, how did you know?" I asked.

The armored ant tilted his head a bit, "there's no way a normal human would be down this far in the Abyss unless they were the new ruler here." He answers.

Of course, a stupid question.

Perhaps I could learn more about the Abyss from this ant?

I sat cross-legged and begin asking questions.

I admit this guy was not a normal ant, he even agreed to let me call him Old man GU.

Since his name is Gu Rushi.

Turns out he got his name from the former Dungeon Master.

I learned a lot talking to the old man, I ended up asking him if he wanted to come with me.

I think he agreed because of the triplets, I'm glad though.

I now have someone who could teach me about the Abyss.

"So, there are more monster types in this dungeon then?" I asked.

"Of course, this isn't exactly the bottom floor, and there is plenty of tunnels in the Abyss." Old man Gu answers.

I'm glad to hear that.

After a while, old man Gu agreed to wait here until I returned from exploring more.

He suggested that I go through the middle tunnel next time, apparently, there will be something there that I'd like.

I turned to Briston who was suddenly by my side, I'm sure it was hard to for him since he had no clue what the armored ant was saying.

I'll be sure to follow up once we get back to the palace.

Another thing is trying to figure out how to pass the language ability onto the others.

The triplets chose Sheld to follow Briston and me while the other two stayed behind with Old man Gu.

We waved before continuing forward until we reached an area with three tunnels.

I now see why he suggested going through the middle.

As told we entered the middle tunnel until there was no light.

It was dark for a while.

"Light, there's a light!" Sheld says.

Sure enough at the end of the tunnel, there was a dim light.

The light grew brighter the closer we drew and we were greeted by sunlight that cast from a medium-sized whole that shined down to the ground.

But it was the sparkling pond of water that caught our attention.

There was even water that poured from the hole into that pond of water.

To think our small little trip would lead us to a water source! How lucky am I?

"My Lady, this...!!" Briston begins walking over to the pond and falling to one knee to test the water.

He dips his hand in and without hesitation sipped at the water.

He turned back to me, "it's a little dirty, but it's not toxic, we just have to find a way to lead it back to the main area." he says.

I looked down at Sheld, "do you think you can do it?" I asked him.

"Do it! I can do it!" Sheld says scurrying over to the pond.

He jumps in like a drill and began digging a hole and leading the water out of the room we entered.

"We should follow him, I think the others would be happy to see what we found," Briston tells me.

It was the end of our journey, We went back to the main area taking along the new addition to our family.

Back at the main area, we were greeted by four more new faces that I'm sure we have never seen before.

Arin has returned before me and Briston with the wagon and was now climbing down from it while carrying some animal carcasses.

"My Lady, you were just the person I was looking for." He says.

He nods at the new faces huddled by the wagon, "I found these dark elves traveling in our dark forest on the way to go hunting. I figured since they looked harmless I'd bring them back with me before I return to hunting." He tells me.

So my observation wasn't wrong, these guys were dark elves.

I kind of noticed because of the signature dark skin tone and the elf ears that they sported.

They looked frightened and as though they have been starving for weeks.

Even so, I must explain to the others that we are an evil faction, we can't just pick up anything just because it looks helpless.

Only those worthy and willing to be evil can work beneath me.

As if reading my mind, Briston turned to the elves, "my lady will take you in for now, but if I notice any kind of problems I won't hesitate to kill you myself." He tells them.

Then he turned to Arin, "if something like this happens again, I'll personally punish you myself." Briston warns.

The aura coming off him was not something to play with.

Arin immediately bowed his head while trembling, I'm sure he understood what he did wrong.

"For now on, if there is a case like theirs it's best to tell me in advance before disclosing our location to strangers," I added.

"I'm sorry My lady, it won't happen again!" Arin says firmly while his head is bowed.

I turned my attention to the dark elves, "I'll give you a chance to change your mind now, as you can see I'm not a good person. You can leave now if you want. Because once you stay here, you are a part of us."

I won't explain that leaving is also not a good option, I will not guarantee their safety if they choose the latter.

The dark elves seemed to be in a bit of a dilemma while choosing, do they have the resolve to live and work under an evil being such as myself?

8