Volume 1 Chapter 12: Everyone is leveling up!
176 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, that should be everything." Kobi huffs after he and Hovis finished loading the wagon with tools for mining.

I even made sure they took one of the triplets with them to help dig new tunnels.

"What's this? Is Sir Kobi and the brat going somewhere?" Briston came up beside me holding a cup in his hand.

Since I had no lady in waiting, Briston had been the one to make my teas. 

"If it isn't the butler...." Kobi states sarcastically.

Also, these two have been like this recently, I'm not sure why though.

"Shouldn't we get going Sir Kobi?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's head out." Kobi agreed.

The two boarded the wagon and left us standing there watching after them.

I turned to Briston, "let's head back in."

"Ah, actually, Milady there was something I wanted to bring to your attention." He tells me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I was in the secret room checking on the egg and to my amazement I noticed a few cracks in the shell." He tells me.

"Really!" I breathed. Is this finally the time?

I turned to rush to the secret room where the egg was being held.

When I got there I smoothed my hands over the exterior egg and found the cracks Briston spoke of.

"I wonder why it didn't hatch all the way?" I muttered.

There has to be away to hatch this egg completely....

"Can you bring Croxias for me?" I asked

It would be the first time Croxias actually lays eyes on this egg.

Briston bows slightly, "yes Milady, as you wish." He says before leaving me alone with the egg.

A few minutes go by and Briston reenters with Croxias at his tail, "woah! There was a room like this in the palace?" Croxias asked.

He glanced around until his gaze fell upon the large egg, as if just now noticing the largest thing in the room.

"What on earth..!?"  He exclaims running over to get a closer look.

I watched as he went over the egg in amazement, I wonder if all magicians were like this.

"My Lady! This egg, don't you know what this is?" He asked turning to me with large eyes.

"No...but are you trying to say you do?" Briston answers for me.

Croxias pulls out a small glass bottle and tongs, "if I'm not mistaken, this is a Demon Beast egg! Judging by its glistening green color, it's not a low ranking one. I say that Milady might have stumbled across a great being." He sounded super excited.

To think I found something that great, I trusted Croxias judgment, despite him telling me when we first met that he was nothing special.

I, on the other hand, don't think any of the sort. 

Right now his magic was something to scoff at, but with my cheat dungeon system everyone under me can become the most powerful.

Now that I reached level six and have unlocked my shop, I can use the chance to grow even stronger.

As for the others, it's not hard for them to level up.

All they have to do is do things they are good at and in order for them to discover new skills, I can either find them skills myself in the shop or they can discover new skills on their own.

"So, are you able to help it hatch?" I asked Croxias who was gathering samples of the egg.

He rubbed his chin in thought, "it's possible to do so. By the way Milady, I wanted to spill great news." Croxias says turning to look at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

He smiles proudly, "After creating my tenth successful potion I managed to level up and got a new skill!" He says happily.

Oh? Honestly, I expected the first person to level up to be Briston.

"Actually Milady, I would like to also point out that I leveled up as well." Briston tells me as though reading my thoughts.

"While I was teaching Ru how to be a butler, it seems I also leveled up and unfortunately, I did not gain a new skill like Croxias." Briston says.

I checked their stats out of curiosity, starting with Briston's.

 

 

Butler Stats

HP: 968/968       MP: 453/453     Race: Half-Elf

Name: Briston Crow      Level: 3

Job: Butler      Title: None

 

Stats

Strength: 85 (+10)= 95     Intelligence: 30 (+5)=35

Stamina: 40 (+10)=50           Agility: 32

Vitality: 100       Luck: 3 (+5)=8

 

Skills

Social Etiquette (B Rank): Manners are top notch

Combat (A Rank): Deals 50 percent damage to enemies

Butler Buff (S Rank): Can teach even the worst type of person to be a butler, 25 percent learning speed for students taught by said butler.

 

and then Croxias.

 

Mage Stats

HP: 230/230       MP: 2300/2300     Race: Elf

Name: Croxias      Level: 2

Job: Mage     Title: Former Prince of Elves

 

Strength: 10      Intelligence: 100 (+5)=105

Stamina: 20            Agility: 8

Vitality: 90 (+8)=98       Luck: 15 (+15)=30

 

Skills

Alchemy(D RANK): Able to concoct potions twice the speed of normal magicians, 5 percent greater effects of the potions made

Eye of Truth (E Rank):  has the ability to see lies of humans levels ten and under, takes up 3 mana points. Most Royal elves have this ability.

Magic Manipulation (E Rank): has the control of magic use, most have the knowledge on how magic works.

Potion Boost(F RANK): potions have a 2 percent chance of becoming E Rank potions, if one has the Alchemy Skill with a high enough rank, then the effect with potions are doubled.

 

I couldn't help but feel proud about these two accomplishments. They are leveling up sooner than I expected.

Also, they have some pretty unique skills that will help them become the best and strongest.

I'm also impressed by their distribution of their stat points.

I should explain that with my dungeon points that the ability to check their own stats was something I gave them.

I thought it's better this way, so I didn't have to do all that myself.

Of course there are a few things with this, in case of possible betrayal.

I would be alerted immediately if there is an oddity going on.

It's great thing with the dungeon system and I hope I don't have to go through a betrayal.

"Great job guys." I tell them.

They both bow before me, "we will grow stronger for Milady, no matter what if we want to forever  be by Milady's side we must grow stronger for her." Croxias declared.

I'm glad they felt this way. 

"I can't wait to see more of your growth." I tell them.

"I will take care of discovering more about the egg, I'm certain I can get it to hatch." He tells me placing his fist to his chest in determination.

I chuckle at this, "I can't wait." I tell him.

To think that I may have came across a wonderful thing, I'm excited to see what's inside.

The three of us left the secret room, Croxias slit from us to go back to his tower.

"Milady!" Pesia called while entering the palace her sword blade resting on her shoulder.

After buy fabric for Aria in the shop she had made clothes for all the others and extra pieces for trading.

Right now, Pesia wore a half shirt that displayed her six pack and a pair of fitted pants.

I have to say, Aria did a great job.

"Good day, Pesia. You look like you've been training hard." I tell her.

She grins, "of course, as My lady's Royal Guard Captain, I must be strong." She declares.

She nods at Briston, "I just wanted to tell her Lady that I have leveled up, I'm level 4 now! And gained a new skill. Also, I completely cleared my old title. I rather My lady give me a new title." She points out. 

I have to say that she's pretty excited, there's no need to check her stats, a former hero's stats will always be out of the ordinary, no matter their levels.

But today, I'm proud to learn that everyone's working hard, but I should try raising my level more, the last thing I need is my subordinates levels surpassing my own. 

I need to finish this quest quickly and also find more monsters to defeat and bring to my side.

 

 

5