Volume 1 Chapter 15: Short Expedition
111 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was pretty eventful.

Since we had so much to do, I decided to knock out the most important task first.

The next quest hasn't popped up yet, so I'm using this chance to work on things I mentioned at the meeting.

Now that I was certain about how the hierarchy system will work, I need to start working harder.

First, I should go on that expedition outside the Abyss, to get a good idea of what I should do in the future.

I watched as Briston loaded the wagon with tools Kobi prepared for the expedition around the Abyss.

Thanks to the map he drew from mining, there turned out to be a faster route to the outside.

He said he just felt like finding a new route to the mine, and thanks to the triplet ants, it turned out well.

"Milady looks like that's everything," Hovis says as he and Urial came from inside the palace.

I nodded, then climbed into the front seat of the wagon onto the bench, Ru climbed on beside me; he looked like a real butler thanks to Aria.

The butler outfit he wore fit well on his small body, and he looked especially cute, I almost want to pinch his cute little cheeks.

Briston came up beside and helped Ru onto the bench beside me, "milady, are you certain that this is the team you want?" He asked with an uncertain expression.

Well, I could see why the team I chose yesterday would make him worried, but I had my reason for choosing them.

"How can they learn, if you guys are constantly like this? Besides, I'm certain that Hovis wants to make up for his mistake from last time." I pointed out.

He frowns, "I get Hovis, and I can even feel a bit understanding if it's Urial, but what I don't understand is, Ru. I mean he's still only ten, why would...." He trailed off as soon as I held my hand up to stop him mid-sentence.

"Master, you have nothing to worry about. I learned how to drive this wagon thanks to you." Ru says with a determined look on his face and took the reins.

I have many reasons for everything, "looks like he says everything will be fine. Don't worry too much." I tell Briston with a small smile.

He looked unsure but he had no choice but to let me do whatever I please. Truthfully, with these three I don't have to worry about my ability to level up.

Even if they properly try to protect me, I rather bring these three instead of Pesia, Croxias, or Briston. It's my chance to finally leave behind the awful level six!

I balled up my fist in determination, I refuse to stay weaker than my subordinates!

With that thought in mind, we said our goodbyes and left the palace.

I finally have a time without those three breathing down my neck constantly.

Thanks to Kobi's new route we made it outside the Abyss in only one hour. 

"Milady, where should we go first?" Ru asked.

"Let's do a roundabout the outside of the abyss, I want to see what can be done in the future." I told Ru.

The first thing we came upon riding around the Abyss were more of the dead trees and grass.

We pulled to the stop, Hovis and Urial climbed out from the back and came up to me.

"What's milady's plan after stopping here?" Hovis asked.

"To hunt monsters, what other reason would I stop here?" I asked him, removing my dagger from my inventory."

Hovis looked uneasy, "I don't think it's a good idea." He says a frown on his thin face.

I put the dagger into my holster attached to my leg, I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled, "let's not tell those three, alright?"

I like Hovis, he knew how to read the room, Urial came up behind him, "I think this is a great idea milady!" She says excitedly.

At least I had her on my side.

Ru jumped down from the wagon, "I agree, a little practice won't hurt anyone!"

With that, we all traveled deeper into the thinning of the dead woods by foot.

 

A few hours later

 

I was now happily staring down at my status screen. It was such a good idea to come out here.

So far, I have leveled up enough to level ten.

It was killing these large pigs with a strange skin color.

"My lady!" Ru waved at me from where he sat on top of a dead pig, he slaughtered himself.

Should I save a couple for the Abyss?

I waved back at him and watched Hovis trick one of a pig into a trap he set himself.

I think it's best not to, they're wat too dumb.

Well, besides we took down five of these beasts, it's more than enough meat.

"Come on guys, let's continue!" I yelled while already climbing onto the wagon.

Hovis and Urial loaded it with the large pigs, I think we only have enough room for a few more things.

It was a few minutes later that we happened onto a strange part of the woods.

A part that had not died. It was like that area we found to go hunting in a while back.

The only difference was that this place was surrounded by a thick fog.

 I noted this, but I refrained from going any farther.

It looks like there was no longer any need to take this journey.

"Let's head back and tell the others." I told Ru.

He nods and pulls the reins to turn the horses around.

I looked back and could have sworn a saw something looking back at me in the fog.

This feeling like something was watching me gave me a slight chill up my spine.

When I peeked back again it was as though I imagined it.

Ru glanced over at me and noticed my expression, "Milady?" 

I don't know what that was, "it's nothing, let's just head back to the palace."

 

                        

 

5